Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should of never been offside in that attack near the end either. Midfielders falling back to allow a defender to run forward is absurd. Gerrard is failing Tavernier, he’s putting him into a position that’s above his abilities. Man management is an important aspect that Gerrard needs to learn, quickly. 

He just doesn’t have it in the big moments when it’s required. Gave the ball away against the scum in the last minute in March that cost us. Then again showed when it really matters he fucks up. He just doesn’t have a winning mentality and doubt he ever will.

26 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

His reputation in his own mind and - crucially - in the mind of the manager now (this season) is, imo,  vastly over-rated.    An asset that's becoming (become even) a liability.     His errors were principal reasons tonight for costing Rangers the game.    

It is plain that the manager thinks he has no alternative but to keep selecting the player.     Because we never see Polson or anyone else picking up the right fullback slot either as a sub or to give Tav a rest.   Which means the manager does not trust anyone else.   Which also means the manager has developed an over-reliance on Tav that he is unable or unwilling to shake off.   That then risks a continued weakening of the team as Tav moves throughout a season where his defensive reliability progressively falls away (like tonight) and his attacking contributions risk fading (missed pens and some rank awful crossing at times this season).     

Does Tav really lead the team exceptionally well?   Does he even lead it moderately well?    Is he even mildly effective as a captain / leader?    I don't think so.  In n terms of team leadership on the pitch - inspiring others and getting stuck into them when needed - is not something I think he good at.    He is captain and leader in name only.    

He knows he's safely picked to get games - a first choice.   Because there is no other choice the manager is prepared to make.     That lack of effective competition brings complacency which brings loss of sharpness, which brings tardiness into the game.   Which costs us goals and games...…..like tonight.

It's as much Gerrard's fault as it is Tav's fault.    He's got himself into a 'sole player' dependence which he cannot escape from and he (Gerrard) can only hope that self-imposed constraint does not do too much (more) damage to results this season.       

There is no current alternative to Tav.   In the same way there is no current alternative to Gerrard.    Their future success and fate at Rangers are tied together.    

He is a player who will cost us the title and every other cunt will get blamed for it and tbh, Gerrard will be as much if not more so to blame in reality for continuing to pick him when he has been shit for months. Doing the favourites game when well below par does affect the performance levels of others. If he gets away with it, why should others bother.

Gerrard is setting a bad example in this in being weak, when he should be ruthless. We are going for a title after all. 

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

Interesting you quoted me btw considering what was said about him before I even posted :lol: did you shite out of starting with other posters? 👀

Mate. 

You’re probably the most high profile poster and someone who I’ve agreed with in the past on a lot of things. 

I picked you out because you were the first person I saw having a dig at him personally. 

30 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Jack, Morelos and McGregor would’ve been walking with at least a point tonight if it wasn’t for Tav. 

Thats maybe a valid point to look at alone. 

Jack and Morelos would have walked with a point if McGregor makes an easy save, that he usually makes. 

17 minutes ago, B1872 said:

He just doesn’t have it in the big moments when it’s required. Gave the ball away against the scum in the last minute in March that cost us. Then again showed when it really matters he fucks up. He just doesn’t have a winning mentality and doubt he ever will.

Just like the rest then?

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Mate. 

You’re probably the most high profile poster and someone who I’ve agreed with in the past on a lot of things. 

I picked you out because you were the first person I saw having a dig at him personally. 

You are talking complete shite and you know it. 

Theres a personal dig at him in the opening post ffs. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

No, but he did. Stupid argument that.

Right, so let me understand what you’re getting at. 

Its McGregors fault we never got a point because he never saved a second fuck up from Tav? If Tav hadn’t fucked up the first time McGregor would’ve cost us 2 points. 

Trying and failing as per, kid. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Right, so let me understand what you’re getting at. 

Its McGregors fault we never got a point because he never saved a second fuck up from Tav? If Tav hadn’t fucked up the first time McGregor would’ve cost us 2 points. 

Trying and failing as per, kid. 

It’s partly McGregor’s fault aye. Tavernier fucked up twice, yes. Guess what, he’s also partly to blame.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You’re a mongo man.

Both are to blame and if you canny see that then you’re daft as fuck

Again just slevering utter shite. You always were a bit fucking stupid but you’re genuinely no making any sense at all. 

Like a retarded attention seeker. 

Archived