Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still so angry at Tav. First goal he's tried to keep the ball in so tries a slack square ball inside whilst YB have a full press on. Whilst 1-0up away from home in Europe. Just put the ball out and get back into a defensive shape.

Goal number 2 last attack why he's caught out of position I will never know just defend your position and we get a point. We don't even have the ball and he's thinking about attacking instead of doing his job.

Also once it's clear he's caught for me he must try and stop that ball however possible if it means picking up a second yellow so be it.

For me last night told me this is as good as he's gonna get so I'd be looking to sell next summer.

He'll go another 3/4 months now before he has another head scratching moment that will no doubt cost us more points.

Clearly the clown has no sense of danger or thinks it's a PlayStation game. 

So bloody annoyed at him

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Still so angry at Tav. First goal he's tried to keep the ball in so tries a slack square ball inside whilst YB have a full press on. Whilst 1-0up away from home in Europe. Just put the ball out and get back into a defensive shape.

Goal number 2 last attack why he's caught out of position I will never know just defend your position and we get a point. We don't even have the ball and he's thinking about attacking instead of doing his job.

Also once it's clear he's caught for me he must try and stop that ball however possible if it means picking up a second yellow so be it.

For me last night told me this is as good as he's gonna get so I'd be looking to sell next summer.

He'll go another 3/4 months now before he has another head scratching moment that will no doubt cost us more points.

So bloody annoyed at him

Will get by against the dross then gets shown up against the EL teams and the scum. 

And we will have the same thread again. 

Just sell the muppet in January and be done with him. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So bloody annoyed at him

Aye and tried to play it through their players legs. Fucking schoolboy stuff.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Never said that.

It was mentioned Tav was our best right back.

I said he was our best attacking right back and Flanagan is our best right back at DEFENDING.

Never said Flanagan should replace Tav. Simply pointed out Flanagan is better at defending and Tav is better at attacking. Seems an obvious statement to make. Both also happen to be natural right backs.

Given the OP was about Tav's inability to defend properly at times it seems a fairly valid comparison to make.

On balance Tav brings more to the team, or at least he did when he was contributing more and his defensive lapses could be forgiven. 

Missing penalties, crosses not as accurate and general bang average play means his defending falls under more scrutiny and he is capable of some truly woeful defending at times.

Typically his mishaps tend to lead to crucial goals.

No he's not

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Will get by against the dross then gets shown up against the EL teams and the scum. 

And we will have the same thread again. 

Just sell the muppet in January and be done with him. 

He's a good player mate just so frustrating. That first goal last night was the worst of the 2  just put the ball in row Z and get back into position. Typical modern day snowflake of a player who will make stupid mistakes because of this obsession with overplaying. 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Just because he doesn't play for us as right back doesn't mean he's not a right back.

What Gerrard clearly agrees is that at that particular time he was our best option at left back. All that does is highlight our left backs are shite.

As for other clubs, Flanagan won Young Player of the Season playing right back for Liverpool and following that transferred to the left to cover an injury and proved a good fit. He has also played for England U19s, U20s and U21s six times....all as right back. 

That suggests to me he's a right back who's pretty good covering as a left back.

Suggest it however you like - Gerrard sees him as a backup LB and Polster as our backup RB, this isn't open to interpretation, it's a fact.

24 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So has Saint James risen from the ashes once again and it’s everyone else’s fault. 

Not bad going to get one of the worst defensive performances from a Rangers player I’ve seen turned around in such a short space of time. 

Ffs :lol:

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

School boy would’ve just booted it out. 

What Tav did was a player believing his own hype that he is a lot lot better than he actually is. 

I think a few of our players a guilty of believing the hype.

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What Tav did was a player believing his own hype that he is a lot lot better than he actually is. 

Bang on if Tav is in the same position v Hamilton he will again try and play out. He's not learning from mistakes .

16 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

What part of my post did i say he played there consistently?

In the very post I quoted you you clearly said that he is a left back and used his previous clubs to back that up, assuming by that there must be some consistently at left back previously that you’re alluding to, no? 

Just now, King Jela said:

In the very post I quoted you you clearly said that he is a left back and used his previous clubs to back that up, assuming by that there must be some consistently at left back previously that you’re alluding to, no? 

This is where you went wrong - you should read posts properly before commenting.

He's a LB for us and has played LB for previous clubs, not difficult to understand tbh.

25 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

School boy’s have got brains. 

Even before they scored we were on the counter attack, he was clean through if he was smart enough to watch the line but he’s not. He’s genuinely thick as mince. 

That first one especially last night was just absolutely unbelievable. Like watching Bambi on ice. Gerrard will get someone else in. He’s nearly 30 now and this is as good as he’s ever going to get and we need so much better. 

13 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Right back at Liverpool 👍🏻

He consistently played Left Back for the entire 2013/14 season, which was the season he most consistently appeared in for Liverpool.

No need to apologise.

Archived