Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

11 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

This is where you went wrong - you should read posts properly before commenting.

Follow your own advice. In the post I quoted you..

‘I'm not wasting my time reading the rest of that pish tbh.

I'm assuming it's something to do with Flanagan not getting a chance at RB’ 

but aye 🧐

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Follow your own advice. In the post I quoted you..

‘I'm not wasting my time reading the rest of that pish tbh.

I'm assuming it's something to do with Flanagan not getting a chance at RB’ 

but aye 🧐

I'm sure this made sense in your head.

23 minutes ago, King Jela said:

School boy’s have got brains. 

Even before they scored we were on the counter attack, he was clean through if he was smart enough to watch the line but he’s not. He’s genuinely thick as mince. 

That first one especially last night was just absolutely unbelievable. Like watching Bambi on ice. Gerrard will get someone else in. He’s nearly 30 now and this is as good as he’s ever going to get and we need so much better. 

Is it too much to ask for a defender that can defend. 

Never mind all this bullshit that attacking wing backs don’t have to be great defenders, if that’s the case you can shove your attacking wingback where the sun don’t shine. 

36 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Bang on if Tav is in the same position v Hamilton he will again try and play out. He's not learning from mistakes .

He will get away with it against the Hamilton’s of the world. 

Hes not a young lad anymore you would think he has noticed that he is getting caught time after time when we step up a level of opposition and adjust his play accordingly. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never mind all this bullshit that attacking wing backs don’t have to be great defenders, if that’s the case you can shove your attacking wingback where the sun don’t shine. 

This.

Its not as if we are asking for some heroic, body on the line type defending.

Its basics:

don’t turn back to goal when you can easily put it in row Z, and 

don’t commit/dive in or for the ball or whatever the fuck he did for unless you are certain you can get it.

Simple stuff.

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This.

Its not as if we are asking for some heroic, body on the line type defending.

Its basics:

don’t turn back to goal when you can easily put it in row Z, and 

don’t commit/dive in or for the ball or whatever the fuck he did unless you are certain you can get it.

Simple stuff.

You can guarantee the Porto manager has watched our 2 EL games and when he gives his team talk on how to beat us he simply sticks a picture of Tav on the board. 

All attacks down the left side, quick ball down the channels or over the top, their RB won’t be ready as he is incapable of holding his position or reading the play that is going on around him. That’s if he is even there because 90% of the time he will be so far up field it won’t matter. This also leaves an in balance right across their defence as there right sided CB has to constantly tuck over to cover for him which leaves huge gaps through the middle or if their left sided CB moves over the LB is left 2 on 1 and it’s easy pickings  

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The system Gerrard is playing is 4-3-3.  The three forwards deliberately play very narrow so that the full-backs can overlap.  Having full-backs with the ability to attack is key to making it work.

Flanagan is a solid defender but if you played him at RB we lose so much going forward.  We’re never going to find someone who is great at defending, and great at attacking (although Barisic is starting to look like a very complete player).

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You can guarantee the Porto manager has watched our 2 EL games and when he gives his team talk on how to beat us he simply sticks a picture of Tav on the board. 

All attacks down the left side, quick ball down the channels or over the top, their RB won’t be ready as he is incapable of holding his position or reading the play that is going on around him. That’s if he is even there because 90% of the time he will be so far up field it won’t matter. This also leaves an in balance right across their defence as there right sided CB has to constantly tuck over to cover for him which leaves huge gaps through the middle or if their left sided CB moves over the LB is left 2 on 1 and it’s easy pickings  

Will the Porto manager also be telling his team that Tavernier creates a huge amount of our goals from getting up the park and putting balls in the opposition box?

A defensive liability at times but he’s also one of our greatest assets going forward.  We still lack creativity in the middle of the park.  Davis, Jack, and Kamara offer almost nothing going forward.  Right now all our attacking play comes from wide areas.  Last night Ojo and Arfield were missing in action.  

Barisic and Morelos were the only ones that looked like making something happen.  The manager really needs to address this lack of creativity from central midfield.  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

The system Gerrard is playing is 4-3-3.  The three forwards deliberately play very narrow so that the full-backs can overlap.  Having full-backs with the ability to attack is key to making it work.

Flanagan is a solid defender but if you played him at RB we lose so much going forward.  We’re never going to find someone who is great at defending, and great at attacking (although Barisic is starting to look like a very complete player).

Yawn 

The 3 forwards don't play narrow. 

Ive nothing against the wing back getting forward when appropriate and giving us that extra man. It’s bollocks if he then doesn’t do the other part of his job  

As for your last part you just contradicted yourself by holding up Borna as an attacking wing back that can get back into position and defends to a reasonable level. 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Will the Porto manager also be telling his team that Tavernier creates a huge amount of our goals from getting up the park and putting balls in the opposition box?

A defensive liability at times but he’s also one of our greatest assets going forward.  We still lack creativity in the middle of the park.  Davis, Jack, and Kamara offer almost nothing going forward.  Right now all our attacking play comes from wide areas.  Last night Ojo and Arfield were missing in action.  

Barisic and Morelos were the only ones that looked like making something happen.  The manager really needs to address this lack of creativity from central midfield.  

Doubt it because 99% of his delivery is pish, the 1% he gets right the defender will have to do his job. 

The whole front line is the creativity and we are fucked because Ojo can’t be arsed and Arfield is still on his summer holidays. 

28 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He will get away with it against the Hamilton’s of the world. 

Hes not a young lad anymore you would think he has noticed that he is getting caught time after time when we step up a level of opposition and adjust his play accordingly. 

That's when the manager needs to get a hold of him and clearly define that 1-0up away in Europe the the ball in our RB position ain't the time to try a nutmeg pass to get yourself out of trouble.

Just simply as I was shouting last night get it tae fuck.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

giphy.gif

He isn’t mate. 

Flanagan’s break through season he was RB, he had played RB all his career to that point. Hes  only started playing LB since his bad injury and I take that is down to the fact he can’t bomb up the wing anymore. So has become more of a utility defender. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

That's when the manager needs to get a hold of him and clearly define that 1-0up away in Europe the the ball in our RB position ain't the time to try a nutmeg pass to get yourself out of trouble.

Just simply as I was shouting last night get it tae fuck.

You would think that, got a feeling Tav is one of those players that only likes to hear how good he is and what he is doing right. 

So I doubt Stevie is giving him the hairdryer treatment and telling him if he does it again he’s sitting his arse on the bench for a few games. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He isn’t mate. 

Flanagan’s break through season he was RB, he had played RB all his career to that point. Hes  only started playing LB since his bad injury and I take that is down to the fact he can’t bomb up the wing anymore. So has become more of a utility defender. 

He’s at it. I secretly enjoy it though. 

Archived