Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

Not a fan if Tav and never have been. But this he has carried team for years is rubbish, we have been rotten for years and only last season under Gerrard did we even start to look a decent team. We have won nothing so he hasn't carried the team that great. If you want to look at a guy who carried us, look at Dado Prso, I remember years ago we were playing pish and he was winning us games and cups, that's what carrying a team is, not 3rd in the league, semi finals and 1 cup final we lost. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Not a fan if Tav and never have been. But this he has carried team for years is rubbish, we have been rotten for years and only last season under Gerrard did we even start to look a decent team. We have won nothing so he hasn't carried the team that great. If you want to look at a guy who carried us, look at Dado Prso, I remember years ago we were playing pish and he was winning us games and cups, that's what carrying a team is, not 3rd in the league, semi finals and 1 cup final we lost. 

We finished 3rd in the league when Prso was with us 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He could score the winner in injury time and there will be a few absolutely raging about it. 

What a load of pish. 

Why would a Rangers fan be raging about Rangers scoring?? 

The fucking Pope could score a hat trick for us and I would love it. 

If Tav bangs in a goal or creates a couple then brilliant doesn’t change the fact he’s a piss poor defender. 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Some howl on here when he's in the starting lineup as always tomorrow. 

Guaranteed.  Matched and bettered by a bigger howl if Ojo is in the team.   

No doubt Tav will play if he is fit.   No doubt at all.  Club captain and all that plus he has so much credit in Gerrard's book of positives that he's guaranteed to start if fit.   Player can make as many mistakes as he likes, he is still so far in credit in Gerrard's mind that he'll get the entire season out of it.   Besides which there is seemingly no alternative if Polster is so far out of Gerrard's thoughts for selection that he might as well be at home in the USA. 

As for Ojo.        Probably the same actually if there is some sort of underlying acknowledgement with Liverpool that he plays all or part of games if he is fit.    

The howls will be all the louder if Tav fucks it up and causes a goal or goals to be scored against us, or misses a penalty.     But once Ojo is on the pitch its not howls its just resigned 'fuck it, playing with a man down again'  while he jogs about a bit.     

Some players on here get better the more they don't play, Polster is getting worse on RM the more he doesn't play. Anytime I have seen him, he looks decent. Tav needs a rest, it's not a knee-jerk reaction, it is for the best. Unfortunately, I'm disagreeing with a lot of the gaffer's decisions this week. Tav starts 100% tomorrow. Guaranteed.

6 hours ago, pcbear said:

Harsh, it was hardly a routine save , the man has saved us untold times saving shots he has no right to save,

After the pile of disasters between the sticks in the last 6 seasons I for one am delighted McGregor is between them.

Agreed but tavs won us game after game to 

Been saying all season he's looked off. Folk on here pretending to be football geniuses start quoting his stats as if that's the be all and end all.

We don't have a replacement but if we did he'd be the first player to be off the teamsheet. Well, between him and Goldson. 

As a defender Tav is Warburton class not good enough for Gerrard class but fear that Tav arranged a deal of playing when he was the subject of transfer speculation early in SG management career, he also was made captain ,  not captain material, would a captain mess up for their equalizer and then blame Goldson? The amount of mistakes leading to goals and lost games he has caused is a concern. Rest ,sell or move to wing as cover.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See when you’ve had Flanagan or Polster in there instead for a few games, you’d be begging to have him back in the side. 

Aye, most probably, but at his best.

LBH, it's fucking Hamilton we're playing. We have many options and make many changes and we should still hump them.

Looking back at last season, the most notable being jaded were Tav and Goldson as they hardly missed a game. FFS some do need a break, particularly with the size of squad and options we have.

Even if Tav had been playing well thus far, surely to fuck he deserves a rest? BTW, I think it's more mental than physical for him just now. It's also what's playing in front of him that's causing him grief imo. 

All can see it aint happening for him and leaving him out may just help him in getting back to form. 

I'm not the biggest lover of Flano btw.

This is a Gerrard problem that he needs to fix. Massive squad, but the same starters nearly every game. Reminiscent of last season and look how that turned out dropping points to abject dross.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aye, most probably, but at his best.

LBH, it's fucking Hamilton we're playing. We have many options and make many changes and we should still hump them.

Looking back at last season, the most notable being jaded were Tav and Goldson as they hardly missed a game. FFS some do need a break, particularly with the size of squad and options we have.

Even if Tav had been playing well thus far, surely to fuck he deserves a rest? BTW, I think it's more mental than physical for him just now. It's also what's playing in front of him that's causing him grief imo. 

All can see it aint happening for him and leaving him out may just help him in getting back to form. 

I'm not the biggest lover of Flano btw.

This is a Gerrard problem that he needs to fix. Massive squad, but the same starters nearly every game. Reminiscent of last season and look how that turned out dropping points to abject dross.

I’d have no issue resting him tomorrow. Won’t happen though. 

Suppose Gerrard's thinking is that he’ll have a week off now. 

Tav needs to use the fucking head, he feels the need to be a matchwinner but against higher quality teams he needs to learn to be pragmatic.

A right back needs to defend first and foremost against the better teams. Gungo ho doesnt make sense when its not the dross.

He has very good qualities but needs to learn when to use them and when to play safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived