Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

He's been really poor this season and part of it is playing Arfield wide as he always ends up playing the majority of the game in the centre and leaving him exposed. However some of the mistakes he's making are basic and it's costing us. Gerrard has dropped katic for less and it's time to drop him imo. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I think we have Barisic up the left side who has found some form... now is the ideal time to bench Tav. Let Flanagan sit on the right and Barisic go on the left..... Tav relies too heavily on workhorses balling him out, Candeias last season and Jack this.... 

I don't think Barasic is quite there yet in terms of contributing to attacking moves, though he has been much better. Should also be taking set pieces more over Tav imo, the one at the end comes to mind.

Just now, philiprfc said:

I don't think Barasic is quite there yet in terms of contributing to attacking moves, though he has been much better. Should also be taking set pieces more over Tav imo, the one at the end comes to mind.

his crossing is on a different level compared to Tav... 

6 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

There's a pattern here, when tav is poor we don't win games, when he plays well we win as he creates more than from anywhere else on the pitch. I am not sticking up for him btw.

There’s a pattern all right he’s costing us games.

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Completely understand the criticism but still ask the same question.

If we drop him then were does the creativity come from in our team.

What creativity did he provide today? He offers absolutely fuck all going forward. 

Just now, King Jela said:

What creativity did he provide today? He offers absolutely fuck all going forward. 

While i have firmly come round to your way of thinking on Tav and his loser mentality... I don't agree that he offers fuck all going forward.... right now he is bang out of form but he has it in hs locker to be very good going forward. He has still contributed some world class crosses this season despite being way off the boil

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

And that is the big issue after he cost us more points. 

He did and he was poor, but as a team we were poor today, 

Only certain players carry the can after a bad result.

Don't recall any standout performers.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Over the course of season he has the most assists in team.

so i’ll ask again, were does creativity come from in team if replaced by, say, Flanagan?

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Exactly it's a myth that tav is the only player that can offer creativity in the side.

Yes there are games tav contributes but he is so poor right now he needs dropped in favour of a RB that can defend first and foremost.

For me that's Flanagan who is a natural RB even know he's played LB majority for us. 

Then we can see what happens when tav is dropped and how much we lose going forward without him. 

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

But the issue with Tav is he continually makes mistakes that costs us a result in big games. It's not a one-off today.  He has had enough chances. We need someone else in his position pronto.

8 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Maybe so, what did he provide to the team as a captain today? 

Archived