Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

24 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Completely understand the criticism but still ask the same question.

If we drop him then were does the creativity come from in our team.

He has now managed to be as bad going forward as he is as a defender. Has been dug shite since the start of the season. Not his fault as Gerrard keeps picking him. If we were relying on creativity from Tav, we'd be sitting mid table at this point. 

He neither does Tav nor the team any favours in this. It's a serious flaw in his judgement and WILL cost us. He either stops playing favourites and gets ruthless or he will be seen to be a loser as we will win nothing.

At this point in time, Tav is the best right back in the North Pole and no disrespect to Polar Bears

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

He has now managed to be as bad going forward as he is as a defender. Has been dug shite since the start of the season. Not his fault as Gerrard keeps picking him. If we were relying on creativity from Tav, we'd be sitting mid table at this point. 

He neither does Tav nor the team any favours in this. It's a serious flaw in his judgement and WILL cost us. He either stops playing favourites and gets ruthless or he will be seen to be a loser as we will win nothing.

At this point in time, Tav is the best right back in the North Pole and no disrespect to Polar Bears

He has the most assists in our squad..

10 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

He did and he was poor, but as a team we were poor today, 

Only certain players carry the can after a bad result.

Don't recall any standout performers.

There is no defending him, as he has been dug shite all season ffs. The fucking whole of Scottish football laughing at us in how Gerrard continues to play him

As for captain, my fucking arse. He was shit and bottled it yet again. He doesn't do pressure and we win fuck all with this serial loser.

Gerrard carries the can for this in picking him, no one else

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Interesting. What were the ‘creative’ assists? 

Hamilton last game..

livingston at home

St Johnstone away

Aberdeen at home

That’s just the past few games.

I’d hazard a guess that Tav has created more goals from Right back than Ojo and Arfield put together.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Over the course of season he has the most assists in team.

so i’ll ask again, were does creativity come from in team if replaced by, say, Flanagan?

People said before the game a 1-0 boring win at Tynecastle would be good. He cost us points once again. He had about 25 attempts at crossing today and failed every single time and then fucks up defensively. How that keeps you on the park time and time again is beyond me.

Tav was really poor today, I don't think anyone can defend him today. That said he wasn't the only one. Morelos, Borna and maybe 1 or 2 apart we were very poor collectively.

What I would say is though, so far as I can remember Tav has had 3 pretty poor games that stand out this season and in every game we have not only failed to win but we have been arguably our least creative in terms of chances. More often than not, when Tav has a poor game we create almost nothing and collectively as a team we are poor also. However, when Tav is on it, our attacking threat is night and day.

I think he's now at a stage where it's a bit of an issue. Some are starting to really turn on him within the support and also in the media. I think anyone can almost forgive a player having a bad game, it's the magnitude of his defensive errors that are quite concerning. They have been pretty basic and a little too regular. He also looks to have lost a bit confidence and at times it seems to be effecting his attacking threat. He's going through a tough spell at the most critical time. His mistakes are hard to ignore. He's under real pressure.

How Tav and Gerrard deal with it will be interesting. It's a tough situation to handle. Hopefully Tav can rediscover his top form soon enough. We really need him to.

Just now, bluenoz said:

People said before the game a 1-0 boring win at Tynecastle would be good. He cost us points once again. He had about 25 attempts at crossing today and failed every single time and then fucks up defensively. How that keeps you on the park time and time again is beyond me.

Drop him then for Flanagan.

I’d give it 3/4 games before almost everyone would be screaming for him back in team.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Drop him then for Flanagan.

I’d give it 3/4 games before almost everyone would be screaming for him back in team.

Sometimes players need dropped to make them realise their performances aren’t acceptable. 

It wouldn’t be accepted anywhere else on the pitch, so our captain shouldn’t be exempt 

It’s time Gerrard pulled him into the office and told him it’s not good enough. He looks slower this year and his decision making is horrendous.  It’s a lot easier to win games when you don’t concede fucking goals. He’s costing us.  Time to give Polster a chance and tell the boy just to defend. We will find other options as far as creating scoring chances. Fucksakes I hope we don’t depend on only Tav to make chances for us. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Tav was really poor today, I don't think anyone can defend him today. That said he wasn't the only one. Morelos, Borna and maybe 1 or 2 apart we were very poor collectively.

What I would say is though, so far as I can remember Tav has had 3 pretty poor games that stand out this season and in every game we have not only failed to win but we have been arguably our least creative in terms of chances. More often than not, when Tav has a poor game we create almost nothing and collectively as a team we are poor also. However, when Tav is on it, our attacking threat is night and day.

I think he's now at a stage where it's a bit of an issue. Some are starting to really turn on him within the support and also in the media. I think anyone can almost forgive a player having a bad game, it's the magnitude of his defensive errors that are quite concerning. They have been pretty basic and a little too regular. He also looks to have lost a bit confidence and at times it seems to be effecting his attacking threat. He's going through a tough spell at the most critical time. His mistakes are hard to ignore. He's under real pressure.

How Tav and Gerrard deal with it will be interesting. It's a tough situation to handle. Hopefully Tav can rediscover his top form soon enough. We really need him to.

Great, balanced post that. And the bit highlighted in bold is what half the cunts who want him punted for Polster or Flanagan are overlooking.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think he's now at a stage where is a bit of an issue. Some are starting to really turn on him within the support and also in the media. I think anyone can almost forgive a player having a bad game, it's the magnitude of his defensive errors that are quite concerning. They have been pretty basic and a little too regular. He also looks to have lost a bit confidence and at times it seems to be effecting his attacking threat. He's going through a tough spell at the most critical time. His mistakes are hard to ignore. He's under real pressure.

Agree with all that, except Morelos. Apart from one decent play, he got fuck all today. Arfied is just what Morelos does not need near him, as he doesn't have the ability or brains to be anywhere near him. He fucks up every move and could't hit a barn door at 10 yards when he gets the chance.

Morelos needs someone with a deft touch and guile around him, not a work horse with little ability. Stewart would be much better foil for him.

16 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Not really. Would you consider a corner kick creative? 

Hmm... there are definitely good corners and bad corners... he had some awful corners today.... but he hasn't got a corner assist this season has he? His assists in the last few weeks have been excellent.

Still poor though... but lets not overcook it needlessly because it detracts from the point that he is weak minded and weak defensively and when off form like he is now he is not worth his jersey

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Agree with all that, except Morelos. Apart from one decent play, he got fuck all today. Arfied is just what Morelos does not need near him, as he doesn't have the ability or brains to be anywhere near him. He fucks up every move and could't hit a barn door at 10 yards when he gets the chance.

Morelos needs someone with a deft touch and guile around him, not a work horse with little ability. Stewart would be much better foil for him.

I thought first half Morelos was quite good,  got 2 of their guys booked breaking away with cute play (possibly could have got another one of their players booked), always looking to roll players and then obviously got the goal. Start of the second half he played a nice cross field pass to get Arfield in. Also the one he squared to Arfield, I probably wish he was a little more greedy and smashed it. Some loose and sloppy play too but I thought  he was one of our better player, which wasn't difficult. Not really much to take from today in all honesty though. 

Archived