Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Welcome back Tavernier

Just now, bluenoz said:

People said before the game a 1-0 boring win at Tynecastle would be good. He cost us points once again. He had about 25 attempts at crossing today and failed every single time and then fucks up defensively. How that keeps you on the park time and time again is beyond me.

Drop him then for Flanagan.

I’d give it 3/4 games before almost everyone would be screaming for him back in team.

Mr Soprano likes this

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d give it 3/4 games before almost everyone would be screaming for him back in team.

maybe that's what he needs. A rest.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sometimes players need dropped to make them realise their performances aren’t acceptable. 

It wouldn’t be accepted anywhere else on the pitch, so our captain shouldn’t be exempt 

alibali59, bornabear and GA1972 like this

It’s time Gerrard pulled him into the office and told him it’s not good enough. He looks slower this year and his decision making is horrendous.  It’s a lot easier to win games when you don’t concede fucking goals. He’s costing us.  Time to give Polster a chance and tell the boy just to defend. We will find other options as far as creating scoring chances. Fucksakes I hope we don’t depend on only Tav to make chances for us. 

Blue Avenger likes this

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Tav was really poor today, I don't think anyone can defend him today. That said he wasn't the only one. Morelos, Borna and maybe 1 or 2 apart we were very poor collectively.

What I would say is though, so far as I can remember Tav has had 3 pretty poor games that stand out this season and in every game we have not only failed to win but we have been arguably our least creative in terms of chances. More often than not, when Tav has a poor game we create almost nothing and collectively as a team we are poor also. However, when Tav is on it, our attacking threat is night and day.

I think he's now at a stage where it's a bit of an issue. Some are starting to really turn on him within the support and also in the media. I think anyone can almost forgive a player having a bad game, it's the magnitude of his defensive errors that are quite concerning. They have been pretty basic and a little too regular. He also looks to have lost a bit confidence and at times it seems to be effecting his attacking threat. He's going through a tough spell at the most critical time. His mistakes are hard to ignore. He's under real pressure.

How Tav and Gerrard deal with it will be interesting. It's a tough situation to handle. Hopefully Tav can rediscover his top form soon enough. We really need him to.

Great, balanced post that. And the bit highlighted in bold is what half the cunts who want him punted for Polster or Flanagan are overlooking.

Laudrup1984 likes this

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Tav was really poor today, I don't think anyone can defend him today. That said he wasn't the only one. Morelos, Borna and maybe 1 or 2 apart we were very poor collectively.

What I would say is though, so far as I can remember Tav has had 3 pretty poor games that stand out this season and in every game we have not only failed to win but we have been arguably our least creative in terms of chances. More often than not, when Tav has a poor game we create almost nothing and collectively as a team we are poor also. However, when Tav is on it, our attacking threat is night and day.

I think he's now at a stage where is a bit of an issue. Some are starting to really turn on him within the support and also in the media. I think anyone can almost forgive a player having a bad game, it's the magnitude of his defensive errors that are quite concerning. They have been pretty basic and a little too regular. He also looks to have lost a bit confidence and at times it seems to be effecting his attacking threat. He's going through a tough spell at the most critical time. His mistakes are hard to ignore. He's under real pressure.

How Tav and Gerrard deal with it will be interesting. It's a tough situation to handle. Hopefully Tav can rediscover his top form soon enough. We really need him to.

Agree with all that, except Morelos. Apart from one decent play, he got fuck all today. Arfied is just what Morelos does not need near him, as he doesn't have the ability or brains to be anywhere near him. He fucks up every move and could't hit a barn door at 10 yards when he gets the chance.

Morelos needs someone with a deft touch and guile around him, not a work horse with little ability. Stewart would be much better foil for him.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Happy for you to prove me wrong.

What was today's result again?! Oh we dropped two points and by no other than Tav who gifted them!

Be great if stat's won you games.

He's been a fucking embarassment all season.

Dan Deacon likes this

Very poor again today and Gerrard really needs to find a way to fix this. First step would be passing on the armband then bite the bullet and try Flanagan or Polster properly.  This needs sorting out urgently.

Blue Avenger likes this

16 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Not really. Would you consider a corner kick creative? 

Hmm... there are definitely good corners and bad corners... he had some awful corners today.... but he hasn't got a corner assist this season has he? His assists in the last few weeks have been excellent.

Still poor though... but lets not overcook it needlessly because it detracts from the point that he is weak minded and weak defensively and when off form like he is now he is not worth his jersey

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Agree with all that, except Morelos. Apart from one decent play, he got fuck all today. Arfied is just what Morelos does not need near him, as he doesn't have the ability or brains to be anywhere near him. He fucks up every move and could't hit a barn door at 10 yards when he gets the chance.

Morelos needs someone with a deft touch and guile around him, not a work horse with little ability. Stewart would be much better foil for him.

I thought first half Morelos was quite good,  got 2 of their guys booked breaking away with cute play (possibly could have got another one of their players booked), always looking to roll players and then obviously got the goal. Start of the second half he played a nice cross field pass to get Arfield in. Also the one he squared to Arfield, I probably wish he was a little more greedy and smashed it. Some loose and sloppy play too but I thought  he was one of our better player, which wasn't difficult. Not really much to take from today in all honesty though. 

Tav is what he is. Excellent in many games, gifts goals in other games.

Managers decision but I would give him a break for a couple of weeks and try Poltson or Flanigan at RB. He has not been himself this season.

27 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He's never been out the team long enough to let us see what would happen without him. 

A spell away from the first team is needed.

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Tav is what he is. Excellent in many games, gifts goals in other games.

Managers decision but I would give him a break for a couple of weeks and try Poltson or Flanigan at RB. He has not been himself this season.

He’s not been excellent for a lions long time unfortunately. 

He’s cost us top spot in our euro group and top spot in the league in recent weeks, some would argue we might never have been in those situations to start with if it wasn’t for him.

Regardless he needs a go on the bench.

39 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Great, balanced post that. And the bit highlighted in bold is what half the cunts who want him punted for Polster or Flanagan are overlooking.

So we keep a defensive bombscare in, in the hope he creates something, instead of replacing him with a proper defender, and allowing the 5 midfield or the striker to create stuff

Thats fucking sherlock Holmes genius there, why not focus on not conceding first then scoring goals, like walter used to do

34 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hamilton last game..

livingston at home

St Johnstone away

Aberdeen at home

That’s just the past few games.

I’d hazard a guess that Tav has created more goals from Right back than Ojo and Arfield put together.

Good delivery, his first that day out of about 15. 

Penalty. 

genuinely can’t remember that one against St J.

Penalty. 

Now I’d bet money that someone else at Rangers could hit a penalty, bet any money. 

And if you find some else at Rangers that could hit a penalty and buy a right back that would not make the simplest, brain dead mistakes that Tav has made then I’d take that. Tav has cost us 5 points in the last 3 games. If we had a competent right back that could defend we’d be 5 points better off and chances are we would’ve over come Hamilton, Aberdeen, Livi and St Johnstone along with beating Young Boys and Hearts today. 

Its unbelievable that people can’t still defend him. 

He does generally give us something going forward but sadly not today.  However, that’s us into his fifth season and he is still making costly mistakes at the back.  We can’t afford that luxury if we expect to start winning things.  

Vision likes this

6 minutes ago, chris182 said:

He's just had two weeks Off. He's a highly paid professional. He needs to get a grip

Exactly he doesn't need a rest. He needs dropped for poor form. 

He's now messed up in 2 of his last 3 games costing us points.  Any other player that did that would be on the bench. Tav should be no different captain or not. 

chris182, Kitey79 and bornabear like this