Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Welcome back Tavernier

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Over the course of season he has the most assists in team.

so i’ll ask again, were does creativity come from in team if replaced by, say, Flanagan?

In theory, it should come from Kent, Jones, Ojo, Stewart, Murphy, Barker, Arfield and Aribo. Certainly plenty of options but a lot of them unproven, particularly in big games. 

beararse likes this

Right off the boil but I’d like to know who we’re dropping him for , poor crossing today but at least it’s an attempted to create  

Tav will start against Porto and if he is anything other than above average he should be dropped for the following game against Motherwell.

Theres not a chance Gerrard drops his captain for a big euro game.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Name(s)?

Flanagan is an able defender but has a nosebleed whenever the opposition's box is in sight.

An able defender is exactly what we need at right back. Being able to attack is just a bonus and I'm not sure if you noticed but even that aspect of Tavernier's game was absolute dog shite today also.

JCDBigBear and lerxst like this

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

Tav will start against Porto and if he is anything other than above average he should be dropped for the following game against Motherwell.

Tav could start against Porto and be the single reason for us losing the tie and he'll still start against Motherwell.

I've accepted that now.

JCDBigBear and lerxst like this

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Jesus Christ 

Name another attempted to provide for the buffalo from another player today ? 

12 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Name(s)?

Flanagan is an able defender but has a nosebleed whenever the opposition's box is in sight.

Aye, unlike Tavernier who’s main asset is going forward, allegedly. 

Iv been a huge Tav fan and almost never slate any of our own but today he was dreadful ,

He gets plenty defence when he makes match losing errors that he does offer a lot going forward ,

But today’s forward play was awful ,got a few crosses in ,maybe saying crossing opportunity because the final ball was miles out ,

Don’t know what the best thing is moving forward ,even though he has a good few assists and some goals his form has been below par all season so far and I don’t think it’s a lot to do with missing Candias 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

An able defender is exactly what we need at right back. Being able to attack is just a bonus and I'm not sure if you noticed but even that aspect of Tavernier's game was absolute dog shite today also.

He was shit as were others.

You might not have noticed it  but SG has set our team up to play fast counter attacking football. My gran can run faster with a ball than Flanagan.  Talking about a bloke who has scored a solitary goal in his professional career. Shocking stat for a RB. He might be reasonably sound defensively but he won't win you a game by any stretch of the imagination. 

7 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

The "big" games are in the domestic league. This season it is the last throw of the dice and our biggest weakness is Tav and Gerrard shoulders much of the blame for it in picking him. The EL is secondary. By all means play him in Europe, but he costs us there as well, not that it matters so much.

He needs dropped for consistently playing shit, far less his mentality and not because he needs rested. That talk between him and Gerrard needs to happen and it's captain no more and dropped until he's sharper on the trainng ground. 

What I don’t get is why he doesn’t want to carry the ball anymore at all 

His first instinct now no matter where he is or what the angle is or if anyone is standing in front of them is to hit the ball into the box but aim it at absolutely no one 

Looks like he’s gotten old over the summer and lost all his pace and agility 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Takes a big man to drop his captain. The wee general did it but not many others have. 

Gerrard needs to consider what kind of manager he wants to be. These are the kind of decisions that will make or break his managerial career. 

Tav simply has to be running out of chances. 

Jurgen Klopp regularly 

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

What I don’t get is why he doesn’t want to carry the ball anymore at all 

His first instinct now no matter where he is or what the angle is or if anyone is standing in front of them is to hit the ball into the box but aim it at absolutely no one 

Looks like he’s gotten old over the summer and lost all his pace and agility 

It cant be that hes 28. I think hes injured. You are completely correct about his pace.

53 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He was shit as were others.

You might not have noticed it  but SG has set our team up to play fast counter attacking football. My gran can run faster with a ball than Flanagan.  Talking about a bloke who has scored a solitary goal in his professional career. Shocking stat for a RB. He might be reasonably sound defensively but he won't win you a game by any stretch of the imagination. 

Sound. We'll stick with Tav then because he runs fast and scores penalties.

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I just want a right back that is just that. A right back. Nothing else. A solid right back that can tackle like fuck, deal with simple situations and who gives the ball to better players than him.

Tavernier is trying to do and be everything and he can't do it.

Makes sense, we better sign a right winger who will assist and create as much as Tav does aswell then.

2 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Right, so are we dropping Tavernier and firing Polster in aye?

For Porto I feel we need a defender who is more solid, I would go with Flannagan and let him play for the spot, give the captains armband to Davis.

1 minute ago, geronimoo said:

For Porto I feel we need a defender who is more solid, I would go with Flannagan and let him play for the spot, give the captains armband to Davis.

Absolute fuck that. Cunts a mouse and a rat.