Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

7 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Tav will start against Porto and if he is anything other than above average he should be dropped for the following game against Motherwell.

Theres not a chance Gerrard drops his captain for a big euro game.

The "big" games are in the domestic league. This season it is the last throw of the dice and our biggest weakness is Tav and Gerrard shoulders much of the blame for it in picking him. The EL is secondary. By all means play him in Europe, but he costs us there as well, not that it matters so much.

He needs dropped for consistently playing shit, far less his mentality and not because he needs rested. That talk between him and Gerrard needs to happen and it's captain no more and dropped until he's sharper on the trainng ground. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don’t get is why he doesn’t want to carry the ball anymore at all 

His first instinct now no matter where he is or what the angle is or if anyone is standing in front of them is to hit the ball into the box but aim it at absolutely no one 

Looks like he’s gotten old over the summer and lost all his pace and agility 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Takes a big man to drop his captain. The wee general did it but not many others have. 

Gerrard needs to consider what kind of manager he wants to be. These are the kind of decisions that will make or break his managerial career. 

Tav simply has to be running out of chances. 

Jurgen Klopp regularly 

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

What I don’t get is why he doesn’t want to carry the ball anymore at all 

His first instinct now no matter where he is or what the angle is or if anyone is standing in front of them is to hit the ball into the box but aim it at absolutely no one 

Looks like he’s gotten old over the summer and lost all his pace and agility 

It cant be that hes 28. I think hes injured. You are completely correct about his pace.

53 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He was shit as were others.

You might not have noticed it  but SG has set our team up to play fast counter attacking football. My gran can run faster with a ball than Flanagan.  Talking about a bloke who has scored a solitary goal in his professional career. Shocking stat for a RB. He might be reasonably sound defensively but he won't win you a game by any stretch of the imagination. 

Sound. We'll stick with Tav then because he runs fast and scores penalties.

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I just want a right back that is just that. A right back. Nothing else. A solid right back that can tackle like fuck, deal with simple situations and who gives the ball to better players than him.

Tavernier is trying to do and be everything and he can't do it.

Makes sense, we better sign a right winger who will assist and create as much as Tav does aswell then.

2 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Right, so are we dropping Tavernier and firing Polster in aye?

For Porto I feel we need a defender who is more solid, I would go with Flannagan and let him play for the spot, give the captains armband to Davis.

9 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Makes sense, we better sign a right winger who will assist and create as much as Tav does aswell then.

The right winger we sold, who some on here claim Tav is struggling without in the team, scored 3 and assisted 2 for his new side yesterday. Just saying :lol:

18 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The right winger we sold, who some on here claim Tav is struggling without in the team, scored 3 and assisted 2 for his new side yesterday. Just saying :lol:

It’s all well and good saying that now mate, funny how no ones mentioned how he’s been getting on every other game. People want to drop Tav because he’s a loser but can see us winning things with Candeias as right winger :lol: 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Arguments for him are getting fucking crazy :lol: 

as are the arguments against him -- place is mad and always needs a scapegoat when points are dropped   --- the Tav debate seems to be like the abortion debate --- polarised with no middle ground given.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

as are the arguments against him -- place is mad and always needs a scapegoat when points are dropped   --- the Tav debate seems to be like the abortion debate --- polarised with no middle ground given.

1) We drew. 
2) He was the cause of our last defeat. 
3) HE’S THE REASON WE DREW TODAY!!!

Needs dropped been poor all season. 

Being captain isn’t an issue but making you undropabble due to it is. 

Everyone makes mistakes and he’s had far too many this season.

People bringing up his assists to the debate is irrelevant as continually costing us games as a defender outweighs that.

19 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I agree to an extent, but look at it this way; if Barisic or perhaps Hellander had made the same clangers as Tav has made over the past month they'd have been chased out of town. See Worrell from last season

Archived