Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

It’s all well and good saying that now mate, funny how no ones mentioned how he’s been getting on every other game. People want to drop Tav because he’s a loser but can see us winning things with Candeias as right winger :lol: 

Pretty sure that's his first goals tbf.

For the record I don't agree that Tavernier misses him or that he should be brought back :lol:

1 minute ago, siamthedanger said:

I just don't think you should be speaking about one of our own like that. Davis is a Rangers player..a bloody great one at that. He deserves more respect from you. 

The last thing he deserves is respect.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Pretty sure that's his first goals tbf.

For the record I don't agree that Tavernier misses him or that he should be brought back :lol:

Nah I know mate, but honestly give it a few days and cunts will be greeting about letting him go. 

4 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I agree to an extent, but look at it this way; if Barisic or perhaps Hellander had made the same clangers as Tav has made over the past month they'd have been chased out of town. See Worrell from last season

Very true mate.

That's the double standard that annoys me with tav and the management.

Barisic would easily be dropped if he make the same mistakes. 

Tav will no doubt start vs porto. If he drops another calamity at the back. There is no excuse for not dropping him outside of pure favouritism by the management. 

22 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I agree to an extent, but look at it this way; if Barisic or perhaps Hellander had made the same clangers as Tav has made over the past month they'd have been chased out of town. See Worrell from last season

Folk were completely writing off Barisic at the start of this season for performances nowhere near as bad as what Tav is serving up now.

48 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

as are the arguments against him -- place is mad and always needs a scapegoat when points are dropped   --- the Tav debate seems to be like the abortion debate --- polarised with no middle ground given.

Theres no middle ground as his form is crap, his leadership is anonymous,  he contributed nothing, and again cost us goals and points. For a defender, that's simply unacceptable.

We need a scapegoat? What the fuck has folk criticising the guy who cost us points today got to do with scapegoating?

36 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Needs dropped been poor all season. 

Being captain isn’t an issue but making you undropabble due to it is. 

Everyone makes mistakes and he’s had far too many this season.

People bringing up his assists to the debate is irrelevant as continually costing us games as a defender outweighs that.

Who you playing instead ? Bearing in mind our centre mids contribution to games in an attacking sense is constantly playing it to tav to swing it into the box , you play flanno who I like as a defender , the centre mids will get it straight back , if our midfield start creating I’m all for tav having a spell out 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Who you playing instead ? Bearing in mind our centre mids contribution to games in an attacking sense is constantly playing it to tav to swing it into the box , you play flanno who I like as a defender , the centre mids will get it straight back , if our midfield start creating I’m all for tav having a spell out 

Would need to be Flannagan.

That works two ways though too. If the team knows Tavernier is there they’ll use him but obviously if someone who isn’t as attacking as him is being used the midfield would play a different way.

Play Kent on the right and you wouldn’t need an overlapping full back.

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Would need to be Flannagan.

That works two ways though too. If the team knows Tavernier is there they’ll use him but obviously if someone who isn’t as attacking as him is being used the midfield would play a different way.

Play Kent on the right and you wouldn’t need an overlapping full back.

Ye could be right mate 

Candeias wanted to leave because he wasn’t given any first team guarantees. It’s not like we kicked him out, however, if we have given the likes of Ojo starting place guarantees then it’s a bit ludicrous that we did that with him and didn’t make Candeias feel like he’d more than likely start most games.

Said at the start we’d miss Candeias while others took the piss, but even with him blowing hot and cold he often came up with crucial assists and goals in difficult games.

I still think we should have tried to replace Candeias with a better player but to not replace him was crazy.

24 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres no middle ground as his form is crap, his leadership is anonymous,  he contributed nothing, and again cost us goals and points. For a defender, that's simply unacceptable.

We need a scapegoat? What the fuck has folk criticising the guy who cost us points today got to do with scapegoating?

Every time we have a negative result there has to be a scapegoat on RM -- FFS Airbo and Ojo getting t tight in other posts.   Happens all the time.  Also expecting a thread on how we should bring back Loan Player X cause he could be a huge plus - the two things are normally coupled. 

Tav has not been as effective this season for whatever reason though not sure dropping hm is the answer .  However to say ' leadership is anonymous' is unless you are on the pitch just speculation. 

11 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Candeias wanted to leave because he wasn’t given any first team guarantees. It’s not like we kicked him out, however, if we have given the likes of Ojo starting place guarantees then it’s a bit ludicrous that we did that with him and didn’t make Candeias feel like he’d more than likely start most games.

Said at the start we’d miss Candeias while others took the piss, but even with him blowing hot and cold he often came up with crucial assists and goals in difficult games.

I still think we should have tried to replace Candeias with a better player but to not replace him was crazy.

Totally agree mate. Candeias tracked back a lot too which helped Tav out a lot. Even on his off days he ran up and down the wing all game long.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Every time we have a negative result there has to be a scapegoat on RM -- FFS Airbo and Ojo getting t tight in other posts.   Happens all the time.  Also expecting a thread on how we should bring back Loan Player X cause he could be a huge plus - the two things are normally coupled. 

Tav has not been as effective this season for whatever reason though not sure dropping hm is the answer .  However to say ' leadership is anonymous' is unless you are on the pitch just speculation. 

So when do you take him out of the starting 11?? 
Once he has cost us a Cup Final win or any chance of 55. Other players have been benched for far less. 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The right winger we sold, who some on here claim Tav is struggling without in the team, scored 3 and assisted 2 for his new side yesterday. Just saying :lol:

And that was just in the first half. Meanwhile Captain  Gormless cost us vital points for the second game in as many weeks.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So when do you take him out of the starting 11?? 
Once he has cost us a Cup Final win or any chance of 55. Other players have been benched for far less. 

Hence why I said 'not sure'  -- management team work with him everyday - not an easy decision.   

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So when we drop points should we not discuss and criticise those at fault?

So a player that doesn't fulfil his role as a defender, that fails in his strength which is going forward, and who again costs us a goal and subsequent points should retain his jersey?  In itself that's appalling let alone the impact for those who could play but still dont get a game.

A leader would have at least imo led by example in demanding more of those underperforming and bringing more effort and intensity to the game even if personally playing poorly. It didnt happen, its not in his locker.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Hence why I said 'not sure'  -- management team work with him everyday - not an easy decision.   

It really is mate. 
His defensive lapses aside which should be enough, the one thing he could hold up as why he continues to play has gone as well. 
You won’t solve this by hoping he suddenly plays through it, he needs to know he can be benched 

Needs to be some back to basics work for Tav.   Contributes a lot going forward but a howler today on the back of a howler against Young Boys.   

Perhaps some under 6 coaching about “what to do with the ball when it is in a dangerous position” would help. 

Archived