Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So when do you take him out of the starting 11?? 
Once he has cost us a Cup Final win or any chance of 55. Other players have been benched for far less. 

It's pretty weak management of him by Gerrard tbh. Today really is the last straw and if Gerrard persists with him, it will be a cause for concern, because today was no blip for Tav as he's been pretty rank all season. Gained a  few pounds, lost a few yards, game has went to pot, hunger not there, so if he isn't getting dropped, I will question Gerrard's judgement and expect further needless points to be dropped. 

This is just not a good example to be setting if you want to raise standards and makes for empty rhetoric.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Would need to be Flannagan.

That works two ways though too. If the team knows Tavernier is there they’ll use him but obviously if someone who isn’t as attacking as him is being used the midfield would play a different way.

Play Kent on the right and you wouldn’t need an overlapping full back.

We should all see this.

23 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Every time we have a negative result there has to be a scapegoat on RM -- FFS Airbo and Ojo getting t tight in other posts.   Happens all the time.  Also expecting a thread on how we should bring back Loan Player X cause he could be a huge plus - the two things are normally coupled. 

Tav has not been as effective this season for whatever reason though not sure dropping hm is the answer .  However to say ' leadership is anonymous' is unless you are on the pitch just speculation. 

He has been dug shit all season long. End of.

As for his motivational captain skills, a rather young hertz team rag dolled us today. So much for those then!

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It really is mate. 
His defensive lapses aside which should be enough, the one thing he could hold up as why he continues to play has gone as well. 
You won’t solve this by hoping he suddenly plays through it, he needs to know he can be benched 

This is were the management need to show why they are being paid.

I agree blindly hoping tav will suddenly play through current form isn't going to work.  If anything more mistakes could happen.

A spell on the sidelines is needed. We need to actually see if a Flanagan or polster can step in and perform.

This is the whole point of having a sqaud. If one isn't performing another comes to push for his place. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He has been dug shit all season long. End of.

As for his motivational captain skills, a rather young hertz team rag dolled us today. So much for those then!

team game --- tem were overrun physically should not happen - down to more than one player

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It really is mate. 
His defensive lapses aside which should be enough, the one thing he could hold up as why he continues to play has gone as well. 
You won’t solve this by hoping he suddenly plays through it, he needs to know he can be benched 

then management need to solve the problem of why he's not playing as well.  He did not suddenly become a bad player and anyone who says he was never a good player is an idiot. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So when we drop points should we not discuss and criticise those at fault?

So a player that doesn't fulfil his role as a defender, that fails in his strength which is going forward, and who again costs us a goal and subsequent points should retain his jersey?  In itself that's appalling let alone the impact for those who could play but still dont get a game.

A leader would have at least imo led by example in demanding more of those underperforming and bringing more effort and intensity to the game even if personally playing poorly. It didnt happen, its not in his locker.

No issues discussing the game and where mistakes were made but this place goes overboard.  FFS Ojo gettng it and the boy was on for 30 minutes.  Conversely one excellent performance can have players being touted as the new Messi taKing me full-circle to my original point of 'no middle ground' on RM.  

3 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

Candeias wanted to leave because he wasn’t given any first team guarantees. It’s not like we kicked him out, however, if we have given the likes of Ojo starting place guarantees then it’s a bit ludicrous that we did that with him and didn’t make Candeias feel like he’d more than likely start most games.

Said at the start we’d miss Candeias while others took the piss, but even with him blowing hot and cold he often came up with crucial assists and goals in difficult games.

I still think we should have tried to replace Candeias with a better player but to not replace him was crazy.

I've said this also and argued with good mates. I'd rather have one candeias, than 3 or4 average wingers or shitebags

43 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I've said this also and argued with good mates. I'd rather have one candeias, than 3 or4 average wingers or shitebags

Let's not get all sentimental. Candeias was an average player with pace and a great positive attitude. We have far better players in our squad now though 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Let's not get all sentimental. Candeias was an average player with pace and a great positive attitude. We have far better players in our squad now though 

He was wank. We also lost a fair few goals due him not tracking back or losing his man

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Who have we now to regularly slot into his position that you consider to be better?

How can it be sentiment when lots of us were saying we were wrong to let him go when the news came out when he was leaving? A lot of us knew him leaving would be bad for us and for some strange reason certain people refused to see anything good about Candeias. None of us stated he was the complete player or of the quality to be the first team pick in that position for years to come, however, a lot of us were able to see his abilities as well as his weaknesses.

You cannot argue against him scoring important goals, and had crucial assists both in Europe and domestically.

He should have been replaced with better, he wasn't and now we're suffering because of it. Therefore we would have been better keeping him than losing him.

8 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

And he was a right midfielder, something that we dont have or if we do gerrard just doesn't want to play him, arfield wide right is a failed experiment that we keep fucking trying to no avail, we've loat one of our best attacking Central mids from last season and now have a wasted player wide right, 

Gerrard has a blind spot when it comes to Tavernier.  We will win fuck all with him in the team and why Gerrard can't see this beggars belief frankly.  And I'm sorry his much lauded crossing ability is a myth. As epitomised by that last minute effort yesterday. This stubborn attitude when it comes to this dud could well end up costing Gerrard his job.  He sadly injury aside seems undropable. Every big game we play he seems to be an accident waiting to happen,I expect another such fuck up v Porto. 

12 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Hence why I said 'not sure'  -- management team work with him everyday - not an easy decision.   

I think it's a simple decision. The guy is rank and should have been benched eons ago. We are winning fuck all with him in the team.  Never mind captain cutlass it's captain gutless. 

Cunts will have probably thought a was Tavs da the way I go on about him but yesterday was it for me. 

He gets an absolute peach of a ball down the wing, brings it down instantly, we have 3 players in the box in the last 5 minutes, begging to be hit across the 6 yard box for a tap in or an OG and he just skies it to go out for a throw in at the other side. It was absolutely shocking stuff it really was. 

He’s done for me unless he starts winning us games defensively and attacking. 

52 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

we would have been better keeping him than losing him

This.

His work rate alone would help us out on occasions.

Bring him on in games like yesterday and it changes the midfield dynamic.

The only one in the midfield yesterday with any sort of decent engine was Davis and he’s the oldest out the lot. 

There was one moment yesterday, think around the 86th minute, where Davis sprinted back from attack to defence, whilst the others looked like they were treading in quicksand. 

Thats what we need in games like yesterday and Candeias, whether you were a fan of his or not, clearly gave you that.

It was his choice to leave but it is galling that younger professionals such as Ojo and Aribo , who are more technically gifted, seem to lack that type of spirit.

6 minutes ago, beararse said:

This.

His work rate alone would help us out on occasions.

Bring him on in games like yesterday and it changes the midfield dynamic.

The only one in the midfield yesterday with any sort of decent engine was Davis and he’s the oldest out the lot. 

There was one moment yesterday, think around the 86th minute, where Davis sprinted back from attack to defence, whilst the others looked like they were treading in quicksand. 

Thats what we need in games like yesterday and Candeias, whether you were a fan of his or not, clearly gave you that.

It was his choice to leave but it is galling that younger professionals such as Ojo and Aribo , who are more technically gifted, seem to lack that type of spirit.

Agreed, and Davis is more defensive minded now so we shouldn't be relying on him for the drive forward. I do think that if you have a couple of players who are extremely motivated and tireless it can spark the rest into action.

It's almost like the same psychology where when I'm at home alone and the wife's working I get up early and get lots of things done in the house. But when she's off  she tends to get up late and not do much and I end up falling in line with her and having a kind of lazy day. :lol:

Just now, King Jela said:

I can’t tell if this is serious tbh. 

100% serious Candeias did the donkey work for him and made him look better, he also misses Jack the now who constantly comes in and covers for him.

Archived