Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

He was rotten, but which player did pull us out the gutter? 

There was only 2 players for me that got pass marks yesterday.  Alfie and Borna. Not only did Tav fuckup for the goal, but he had numerous chances to put a decent ball in for us.  Never happened though. Yes, I agree mate, he was rotten yesterday, but this is now becoming a theme with him. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Worse one was the free kick right at the end. I was begging for Barisic to swing it in with his left but no our captain had to be in charge and again fucked it miles from the danger area.  My 10 year old strikes a better dead ball and cross than that clown yesterday.

Worst thing is as soon as we got that free kick you knew straight away it would be a shite ball. Barisic should have hit it.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I really wonder if he wanted a move in the Summer and his form is suffering because he didn’t get it. 

As an Englishman I imagine he will want to play in the Premiership at some point and at 27 (28 by the time the season ends) he probably knows he’s only got one big contract left in him and the opportunity might be slipping away from him.

Usually a player would get their head down and get on with it, but he’s never come across as a player with a strong and determined will.

I’m not trying to play armchair psychologist, but it’s clear that there is something way off with him.

Would any Premiership team realistically go for him? Apart from Newcastle I’ve never known any other clubs to be linked with him.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I really wonder if he wanted a move in the Summer and his form is suffering because he didn’t get it. 

As an Englishman I imagine he will want to play in the Premiership at some point and at 27 (28 by the time the season ends) he probably knows he’s only got one big contract left in him and the opportunity might be slipping away from him.

Usually a player would get their head down and get on with it, but he’s never come across as a player with a strong and determined will.

I’m not trying to play armchair psychologist, but it’s clear that there is something way off with him.

I think it isnt as in depth than that, tav has always been fucking howling defensively, i remember kiernan screaming at him for losing his man at ibrox and costing us a goal against the tarriers under Warburton, he's been pish at the back his whole Rangers career and probably beforehand given his career to date

What will be affecting him is the lack of someone proper on the right hand side he can work off, last season candieas used to cover when tav went overlapping, hence the number of assists and goals, now he doesn't have that cover his attacking threat is neutralised and he's is forced into playing more defensively, which he is shit at

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Would any Premiership team realistically go for him? Apart from Newcastle I’ve never known any other clubs to be linked with him.

I think he could easily play in that league tbh. There are full backs who are a lot worse than him that get a game every week. If Kenny McLean is good enough to play in the Premier League then Tav, despite his deficiencies, is too.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

He’s the captain of Rangers. There’s always going to be more pressure and spotlight on him than there is on other players.

He is the captain and should shoulder the responsibility for the mistakes he is making. However I just don't get the personal abuse aimed at Rangers players, from our own so called " supporters" .

Being bitter towards our own, does us no favours.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Gerrard needs to intervene and drop him as is deserved, otherwise he sends a message to the rest that falling standards are acceptable and that would be the end of any title challenge.

I really want Stevie to succeed B A, but I am starting to wonder if he will get it right if he continues to play his favourite players no matter how shite they perform, it is a real concern. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

I really want Stevie to succeed B A, but I am starting to wonder if he will get it right if he continues to play his favourite players no matter how shite they perform, it is a real concern. 

Every manager in the game has his favourite players, SG is no different .

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

He is the captain and should shoulder the responsibility for the mistakes he is making. However I just don't get the personal abuse aimed at Rangers players

All the criticism has been about his footballing and leadership qualities. Haven’t seen any personal abuse at all. 

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

All the criticism has been about his footballing and leadership qualities. Haven’t seen any personal abuse at all. 

Correct 

Seen nothing personal myself . The big fans of Tav can be a bit precious at times 

And every player gets criticism. It has to be expected when its consitantly poor form 

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

Try reading the beginning of the thread.

Prick , wanker,  idiot are not personal . 

Usual posters with the usual nonsense.

41 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

He is the captain and should shoulder the responsibility for the mistakes he is making. However I just don't get the personal abuse aimed at Rangers players, from our own so called " supporters" .

Being bitter towards our own, does us no favours.

What personal abuse? 

6 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

I'm pretty sure ALL  the goals we have conceded this year have been down to mistakes from 2 players ......

Tav and Goldson the only 2 who never get taken out the team after bad performances.

You aren't wrong 

Goldson has a very big game in front of him this Thursday

He does not deal well  with franetic pace in a match. Another stinker from him and we may have a problem 

Archived