Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a huge Tav fan. 

That said no-one  is undroppable. I backed him after young boys but another blunder yesterday should mean a spell on the bench imo.

Lets see if Flanno or Polster can add a bit of security to that area. We might lose a bit going forward but thats 3 goals in 2 games hes sold now and maybe taking him out the firing-line will help him in the long run.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I think he could easily play in that league tbh. There are full backs who are a lot worse than him that get a game every week. If Kenny McLean is good enough to play in the Premier League then Tav, despite his deficiencies, is too.

Kenny McLean is a poor example here. He's a Championship player, playing for a Championship team who are making a short visit to the top flight.

I'm not sure there's any fullbacks down in that league at the moment even close to being as bad as Tavernier (on this season's form)

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Kenny McLean is a poor example here. He's a Championship player, playing for a Championship team who are making a short visit to the top flight.

I'm not sure there's any fullbacks down in that league at the moment even close to being as bad as Tavernier (on this season's form)

He'd stroll into our team, well yesterday's anyway as well tbh.

1 hour ago, jbm26896 said:

Every manager in the game has his favourite players, SG is no different .

I have no doubt you are right, but I don't care about other managers to be honest, all I care about is winning 55 and if Stevie fucks it up because he has favourites that play when they are in poor form and it stops us winning games then he is being rather stupid IMO.  

I’ve been a big supporter of Tavernier on here over the years, still am, but I agree we need another option.

We have Barisic and Flanagan who can play at LB.  with Halliday out of contract at the end of the season maybe January is a good time to bring in another RB to compete with Tavernier.  He plays too many games for us anyway and could benefit from rotation just like anyone else.  

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He'd stroll into our team, well yesterday's anyway as well tbh.

He probably would. He's just a poor example to use to justify Tavernier being able to play in the Premier League when he's probably only going to experience it for one season himself.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He probably would. He's just a poor example to use to justify Tavernier being able to play in the Premier League when he's probably only going to experience it for one season himself.

He might only play there for one season but so far he’s showing that he can do a job in that league (John McGinn is too who was another player that everybody on here said was shite for years) and that you don’t have to be half as good to play in that league as people on here make out that you have to be.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He might only play there for one season but so far he’s showing that he can do a job in that league (John McGinn is too who was another player that everybody on here said was shite for years) and that you don’t have to be half as good to play in that league as people on here make out that you have to be.

Let's be honest. He's obviously not shite and the reason most on here were saying he was is mainly down to him being a tarrier.

If Norwich go down this season they'll take McLean with them. If Villa go down other clubs in that league will be all over McGinn.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Let's be honest. He's obviously not shite and the reason most on here were saying he was is mainly down to him being a tarrier.

If Norwich go down this season they'll take McLean with them. If Villa go down other clubs in that league will be all over McGinn.

McGinn will move to a top 6 club easily 

I really don't see how being captain allowed him to mistime that header against Hearts or miss the interception against Young Boys.

His general performances haven't been what they were last year so far and it is down to too many games in my opinion. He's played over 120 games in the last 2 1/2 years and has had no competition. Combine potentially to much football with nobody pushing him then we get what we have got so far.

Say there are no outgoings in January then my first signing would be a right back who can be trusted or with potential to takes Tav's place when he needs a rest and to push him when he isn't playing well.

Archived