Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Welcome back Tavernier

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Would any Premiership team realistically go for him? Apart from Newcastle I’ve never known any other clubs to be linked with him.

None would, given his age and what a semi decent scout would spot he'd get a championship team at best, 

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Would any Premiership team realistically go for him? Apart from Newcastle I’ve never known any other clubs to be linked with him.

I think he could easily play in that league tbh. There are full backs who are a lot worse than him that get a game every week. If Kenny McLean is good enough to play in the Premier League then Tav, despite his deficiencies, is too.

graeme_4 likes this

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

No ,but the criticism is over the top.

He’s the captain of Rangers. There’s always going to be more pressure and spotlight on him than there is on other players.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

He’s the captain of Rangers. There’s always going to be more pressure and spotlight on him than there is on other players.

He is the captain and should shoulder the responsibility for the mistakes he is making. However I just don't get the personal abuse aimed at Rangers players, from our own so called " supporters" .

Being bitter towards our own, does us no favours.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Gerrard needs to intervene and drop him as is deserved, otherwise he sends a message to the rest that falling standards are acceptable and that would be the end of any title challenge.

I really want Stevie to succeed B A, but I am starting to wonder if he will get it right if he continues to play his favourite players no matter how shite they perform, it is a real concern. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

I really want Stevie to succeed B A, but I am starting to wonder if he will get it right if he continues to play his favourite players no matter how shite they perform, it is a real concern. 

Every manager in the game has his favourite players, SG is no different .

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

He is the captain and should shoulder the responsibility for the mistakes he is making. However I just don't get the personal abuse aimed at Rangers players

All the criticism has been about his footballing and leadership qualities. Haven’t seen any personal abuse at all. 

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

All the criticism has been about his footballing and leadership qualities. Haven’t seen any personal abuse at all. 

Correct 

Seen nothing personal myself . The big fans of Tav can be a bit precious at times 

And every player gets criticism. It has to be expected when its consitantly poor form 

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

Try reading the beginning of the thread.

Prick , wanker,  idiot are not personal . 

Usual posters with the usual nonsense.

41 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

He is the captain and should shoulder the responsibility for the mistakes he is making. However I just don't get the personal abuse aimed at Rangers players, from our own so called " supporters" .

Being bitter towards our own, does us no favours.

What personal abuse? 

6 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

I'm pretty sure ALL  the goals we have conceded this year have been down to mistakes from 2 players ......

Tav and Goldson the only 2 who never get taken out the team after bad performances.

You aren't wrong 

Goldson has a very big game in front of him this Thursday

He does not deal well  with franetic pace in a match. Another stinker from him and we may have a problem 

Im a huge Tav fan. 

That said no-one  is undroppable. I backed him after young boys but another blunder yesterday should mean a spell on the bench imo.

Lets see if Flanno or Polster can add a bit of security to that area. We might lose a bit going forward but thats 3 goals in 2 games hes sold now and maybe taking him out the firing-line will help him in the long run.

22 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

I'm pretty sure ALL  the goals we have conceded this year have been down to mistakes from 2 players ......

Tav and Goldson the only 2 who never get taken out the team after bad performances.

Hahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I think he could easily play in that league tbh. There are full backs who are a lot worse than him that get a game every week. If Kenny McLean is good enough to play in the Premier League then Tav, despite his deficiencies, is too.

Kenny McLean is a poor example here. He's a Championship player, playing for a Championship team who are making a short visit to the top flight.

I'm not sure there's any fullbacks down in that league at the moment even close to being as bad as Tavernier (on this season's form)

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Kenny McLean is a poor example here. He's a Championship player, playing for a Championship team who are making a short visit to the top flight.

I'm not sure there's any fullbacks down in that league at the moment even close to being as bad as Tavernier (on this season's form)

He'd stroll into our team, well yesterday's anyway as well tbh.

1 hour ago, jbm26896 said:

Every manager in the game has his favourite players, SG is no different .

I have no doubt you are right, but I don't care about other managers to be honest, all I care about is winning 55 and if Stevie fucks it up because he has favourites that play when they are in poor form and it stops us winning games then he is being rather stupid IMO.  

Bobby Hume and BILLYBOY50 like this

I’ve been a big supporter of Tavernier on here over the years, still am, but I agree we need another option.

We have Barisic and Flanagan who can play at LB.  with Halliday out of contract at the end of the season maybe January is a good time to bring in another RB to compete with Tavernier.  He plays too many games for us anyway and could benefit from rotation just like anyone else.  

I backed him after his mistake last year against the scum, I didn't after YB's and yesterday's mistake had me raging because it is now Gerrard's fault. It's Flanagan or Polster for me on Thursday. The message has to be sent.

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He'd stroll into our team, well yesterday's anyway as well tbh.

He probably would. He's just a poor example to use to justify Tavernier being able to play in the Premier League when he's probably only going to experience it for one season himself.

Tav is our captain and yes he has not hit the form we expect from him this season. Same applys to Arfield and Ojo.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He probably would. He's just a poor example to use to justify Tavernier being able to play in the Premier League when he's probably only going to experience it for one season himself.

He might only play there for one season but so far he’s showing that he can do a job in that league (John McGinn is too who was another player that everybody on here said was shite for years) and that you don’t have to be half as good to play in that league as people on here make out that you have to be.