Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

14 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What's the point in having them if they wouldn't be better than tav this season?

Flanagan provides versatile cover in two positions, the manager knows him personally and thinks his personality makes him useful to have around the dressing room but ultimately feels he isn’t good enough to be starting for us every week.

As for Polster I don’t know what the point in having him is. He’s been here for months now and hasn’t had a look in but somehow his stock appears to be rising with every passing week. It’s not the first time it’s happened and it won’t be the last.

The whole “why do we have them if we won’t play them argument”  is completely redundant to me because we aren’t the only club who have squad players who barely play or who aren’t good enough to hold down a first team place every week but can do a 6/10 job if called upon because even in poor form the first choice player is still miles better than them. It’s not exclusive to us, it happens at every club in world football.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Sections of the support yesterday after he touched the ball after missing the penalty

Didn't hear that 

Heard people complaining after he missed it but that's to be expected because we were one down and he missed a penalty

11 hours ago, five stars said:

Like the moron in front of me today.

Shouting abuse at Tav everytime he touched the ball.

I'm not offended by the criticism, you can choose to support someone who's down or stick the boot in.

My point is what's more beneficial to Rangers?

I’m honestly not sure if posts like these are a wind up. 

If not then pull the guy up behind you and give him a big positive speech about how we should get behind him for the benefit of Rangers, then after the game go home and make dinner for your husband. 

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Didn't hear that 

Heard people complaining after he missed it but that's to be expected because we were one down and he missed a penalty

You didn’t hear it because it never happened. This is getting a bit silly now. 

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So what is it, is it that we dont have a replacement for tav good enough or that gerrard has his favourites, because one makes him look way worse

Gerrard said yesterday that the Fans needs to give him encouragement to help him get his form/confidence back. You would think the captain of Rangers would at the very minimum have thick skin.

I've only ever seen our fan give encouragement to young guys that are just breaking through to the first team, and even then that doesn't last long. 

So Gerrard needs to fix it, cause it won't be the fans. Take the captain's armband off him. That will allow him to concentrate on only his game. Defo take him off penalties. Missing them regularly while hes going through a tough spell will be affecting him badly.  And give him a rest and bring Flanagan on to finally play in his correct position.  He's looked good on the wrong side, so he has to be at least half decent on his proper side. Tell Barasic that he has licence to bomb forward (like he did against us) cause Kent is going to cut inside anyway. Then we have the width from the back that Tav would normally provide just on the other wing. 

Tav probably needs a rest.

Anyone know how many games he's played in a row for us in the last 3 seasons? He's not missed much. 

17 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You didn’t hear it because it never happened. This is getting a bit silly now. 

What a strange thing to lie about. From a guess i’d from within bf3/4/5 section as I heard clearly from BF1 as did others. Call me out as a liar mate all you want, it happened.

1 minute ago, ricksen_da_best said:

What a strange thing to lie about. From a guess i’d from within bf3/4/5 section as I heard clearly from BF1 as did others. Call me out as a liar mate all you want, it happened.

I don't have proof of booing as it was about half a section at least away from me but I recorded the penalty on my fone and there is defo shouts of the likes of "Tab you're a fucking clown" etc...

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tavernier can do all that though and is on a bad run of form. Barisic is the opposite and probably in the form of his life.

Dont agree mate. Tav isn't a natural defender, Barisic is and its too late in Tavs career for him to learn it.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

FWIW I would consider benching Tavernier against Ross County. I think Flanagan could do a decent enough job in that sort of game but he isn’t somebody who’s name I would want to see on the team sheet every week.

So potentially one of the trickiest away games so far this season you want to drop a guy who you say is head and shoulders above everyone else in his position 

Id argue that the away games is where you need the fullbacks more than ever due to the midfield being swamped on the tight pitch, home against the likes of Hamilton, motherwell etc are the games you want Flanagan etc getting game time as we usually dominate posession and he allows the midfielders to push up as he wont

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So potentially one of the trickiest away games so far this season you want to drop a guy who you say is head and shoulders above everyone else in his position 

Id argue that the away games is where you need the fullbacks more than ever due to the midfield being swamped on the tight pitch, home against the likes of Hamilton, motherwell etc are the games you want Flanagan etc getting game time as we usually dominate posession and he allows the midfielders to push up as he wont

Our two attacking MF yesterday never went beyond the ball once. Our fucken so called sitting MF was making runs beyond Defoe, but Aribo and Arfield AKA Nicky Law MkII did fuck all.

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He was one of the players I said we should let go in the summer and was astounded people wanted to keep him around. Becoming a superstar the less he's played, a bit similar to Rossiter. 

Knew he would be lucky to even make the bench for most of the season,  pretty sure he has only made the bench/played 3 times this season. Two were against East Fife and St Josephs and a cameo at home to Hamilton? A youngster could have slotted in for those games easily. Waste of money and expect him to leave in Jan either on loan or permanently considering Gerrard did state we will trim the squad, Halliday and Murphy likely to be a part of that list as well. 

Problem is no one knows just how Polster would slot in if given a chance, he's never had a shot at right back, same as Flanagan, so how people can say for definite that tav is better is beyond me, 

If thats the case does that make ojo the best winger at the club given how many times he's played yet we let guys like middleton and haste leave on loan? 

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Our two attacking MF yesterday never went beyond the ball once. Our fucken so called sitting MF was making runs beyond Defoe, but Aribo and Arfield AKA Nicky Law MkII did fuck all.

Agree, but that's a problem with either how gerrard sets them up or how the guys play, at ibrox we should only need one sitting mid, 2 attacking mids, 2 wingers and just let the back 4 support the attack

Archived