Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The poster i replied to never said anything about Gerrard etc, it was his own opinion based on one game against east fife, which is laughable 

The game against East Fife, Polster was average but not bad. Halliday & Stewart were awful that day.  However, a game played in a wind storm should not be used as an indicator.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, TMB said:

If you dislike Gerrard that’s fine.  I think the guy has been great for us and we’ve come on considerably since his arrival.  I trust his judgment.  

I don't dislike gerrard, he's done well and i think he'll win things, but he also does things that can be detrimental to the team, playing and not rotating two out of form players no matter what could cost us, it already has against hearts and nearly did yesterday

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And I’m saying that if the guy hasn’t been able to get into the team for nearly a year then that opinion, while slightly harsh, probably isn’t unfounded 

Katic played one game in 5 months last year if memory serves me right, he was clearly better than worrall, a managers judgement can be clouded as well remember 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Katic played one game in 5 months last year if memory serves me right, he was clearly better than worrall, a managers judgement can be clouded as well remember 

It could be that we as a club were obligated to play Worrall.  These days it’s often written in to the loan agreements.  I fear we’ll see far too much of Ojo for the very same reason.  

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Think I even have a recording of it on my phone.

Post it then. If I’m wrong then fair enough but until I actually see prove I’m no having it. I was at the game, never heard one boo or fuck all. Filing under pish unless someone posts proof. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Why are you lying? Is it because you can't actually bring a decent argument to the table?

You clearly said Polster was never given a chance at RB, I provided a fact that he was!

And if you think one game is a chance then there's no point in continuing the debate

40 minutes ago, TMB said:

It could be that we as a club were obligated to play Worrall.  These days it’s often written in to the loan agreements.  I fear we’ll see far too much of Ojo for the very same reason.  

As much as thats a shambles if true (i know we heard that previous) what about the fact that goldson never got a rest other than his injury, between tav and goldson it clearly doesn't matter their form as gerrard has shown he wont drop them, hell he wont even sub them in a game we are cantering, and i fear that could cost us big time

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Cone on mate, really?

Do you really think that Matt Polster is some sort of unearthed gem who only isn’t getting a game because the manager has blind loyalty or clouded judgement towards Tavernier or are you now just arguing for the sake of it because you want to get the final word in, because at this stage that’s what it feels like.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Or you have fullbacks who simply support the midfielders and attackers from the halfway line, whats the point in playing 2 sitting midfielders and asking two defenders to do the attacking, get the midfield 5 attacking and have the backline supporting them by winning the ball back on the halfway line

Ffs walter finished his career here by playing 2 centre halves at fullback, scottish football isn't that intelligent that requires overlapping fullbacks and wide strikers that drift inside to make a midfield triangle or whatever funky idea they wanna call it

Is your main problem you hate modern football and their fancy new ideas etc 

6 hours ago, ricksen_da_best said:

What a strange thing to lie about. From a guess i’d from within bf3/4/5 section as I heard clearly from BF1 as did others. Call me out as a liar mate all you want, it happened.

Only booing I heard was Motherwell fans mate and I sit in bf3

41 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

If you pay your cash then you're entitled to shout what you want. However, just because you are ENTITLED to shout what you want this doesnt mean you SHOULD.

Before groaning or booing at every mistake Tav makes consider the following:

Do you want Tav to play to his best? 

Will moaning at him be detrimental to his confiidence and performance?

Does Stevie G know more about fitba than you?

The answer to all is 'yes' so just shut the fuck up and back him during games.

You’ve definitely never been to a Rangers game. 

3 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Is your main problem you hate modern football and their fancy new ideas etc 

Not if it works, it seems to work in europe but in the Scottish backwater that is our game sometimes keeping it simple is all thats needed and the best option, in scottish football id rather we simply played 2 attacking mids, davis the link between them and the defence, and the back 4 backing up the attacking players

47 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

If you pay your cash then you're entitled to shout what you want. However, just because you are ENTITLED to shout what you want this doesnt mean you SHOULD.

Before groaning or booing at every mistake Tav makes consider the following:

Do you want Tav to play to his best? 

Will moaning at him be detrimental to his confiidence and performance?

Does Stevie G know more about fitba than you?

The answer to all is 'yes' so just shut the fuck up and back him during games.

Happy clapper pish

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I heard it  so did others. 100% happened  in the SJ rear. Not loads of people, but enough  for it to be audible.  Why do you think Gerrard asked the fans to get behind him? think I even have a recording of it on my phone.

Not up here it wasn’t 

but I did hear it from the murderwell fans though

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Cone on mate, really?

Do you really think that Matt Polster is some sort of unearthed gem who only isn’t getting a game because the manager has blind loyalty or clouded judgement towards Tavernier or are you now just arguing for the sake of it because you want to get the final word in, because at this stage that’s what it feels like.

Not at all, i have no doubt that tav is the better player, but he is woefully short of form either due to physical or mental issues, so why have 2 other possible right backs when we cant even give tav a break when he clearly needs it

As for polster himself, anytime he has had a look in he's always aquitted himself well, no one is saying start him at home to porto for example but how poor does Tav's form have to drop to before he is a liability, he's already cost us at least a point in europe and possibly 2 in the league, and a corner aside yesterday he might have cost us another 2 points

Will it take him putting us out the cup or selling the jerseys against celtic before the penny drops, 

I'm with Gerrard on this. Let's get behind him and support our captain and show a bit of loyalty to him. His firm isn't the best at the moment but one thing he hasn't done is hidden when many others would have done. He keeps coming back for more and hasn't gone into his shell, now that takes character.

Time some of our support showed a bit of patience and got to grips with the fact we wont get everything our own way and that's for players and the team. Theres going to be bumps and ups and downs, theres no point being so hysterical and saying we're either amazing or utter shite.

I think we just need to keep the faith and stay strong and steadfast. We are a work in progress and we are progressing in the right way. I trust Gerrards judgement, I suggest others do the same.

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I don't dislike gerrard, he's done well and i think he'll win things, but he also does things that can be detrimental to the team, playing and not rotating two out of form players no matter what could cost us, it already has against hearts and nearly did yesterday

I think S.G. is doing a tremendous job in difficult circumstances,  and is definitely the man to stop septic.  However his blind faith in both Tavernier and Goldson who are never dropped rested or rotated or benched does leave him open to criticism and accusations of double standards. 

8 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

I think S.G. is doing a tremendous job in difficult circumstances,  and is definitely the man to stop septic.  However his blind faith in both Tavernier and Goldson who are never dropped rested or rotated or benched does leave him open to criticism and accusations of double standards. 

They are rested though. Neither of them are internationals. They both regularly have a free week when others are playing 2 games and traveling.

Archived