Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I think most of the realistic fans would have probably expected us to still be sitting on 3 points after tonight's game anyway but losing in that manner isn't acceptable. He deserves every bit of criticism he's getting tonight IMO because we all know if it was Barisic or Helander to blame for it there would be about 4 or 5 threads wanting them sold.

I honestly thought we would sneak a win here tonight , this mob are no better than all the rest we have played. Even drawing i thought we could nick it but we sat back and the inevitable happened. For me that defence hasnt looked as good since the crazy dropping of Katic for the second time by the manager.......

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d say yes.

Flanagan has had some absolute horror shows defensively (see Spartak away). And fuck knows what Polster offers.

It's maybe time we find out then because if Tav is the best we've got defensively in that position we've got a problem.

Not getting into the argument about what he offers going forward because that's not where the problem is.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

I honestly thought we would sneak a win here tonight , this mob are no better than all the rest we have played. Even drawing i thought we could nick it but we sat back and the inevitable happened. For me that defence hasnt looked as good since the crazy dropping of Katic for the second time by the manager.......

They've got a very decent record at home. I'm assuming it's to do with teams not coping with their pitch because they didn't impress me at all. But aye, I was expecting a defeat and would have been happy with a draw.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's maybe time we find out then because if Tav is the best we've got defensively in that position we've got a problem.

Not getting into the argument about what he offers going forward because that's not where the problem is.

There isn't a problem defensively either, he's more than good enough for our level.

The celtic game he made a mistake that cost us a goal and he was pish tonight, what do people expect here?

We're never getting a perfect RB to play in the SPL - every player makes mistakes, more so the ones who only cost £200k.

I can't see it happening but let's say he was stripped of the captaincy...... How would the players and as a team in general react to that? Would it make Tavernier a better player?

Gerrard needs to be strong and make big time decisions.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

There isn't a problem defensively either, he's more than good enough for our level.

The celtic game he made a mistake that cost us a goal and he was pish tonight, what do people expect here?

We're never getting a perfect RB to play in the SPL - every player makes mistakes, more so the ones who only cost £200k.

When expectations meet frustrating reality. The same applies to every player out there.

3 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Absolutely, Gerrard needs to send that message out, he has to be ruthless with the whole squad not just a few of them.

I posted the same in the match thread.

A few need dropped and a message sent no one is untouchable. 

Shower a clueless cunts in here :lol:

Cunts absolutely choking to slaughter him any time a mistake occurs. Don’t ever see the same fanfare when he whips in balls that win games, or beats 3 or 4 men like he did at Killie to give us the impetus to get the winner.

He had a shocker tonight, but if these types of threads were mirrored when he was MotM, I’d take them more serious.

47 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Because he just cost us 3 vital points away from home, singlehandedly. 

Mate we were rotten middle to front. Our back four were constantly put under pressure by poor turn over of possession. There's only so many times you can give the ball away 20 or 30 yards from your box away from home in Europe and not get punished for it. It literally could have been any of our back four tonight that got caught out for that second goal, law of averages guarantees it has to happen at least once.

1 minute ago, BoyBlue62 said:

Tav had a poor game , but the criticism is way over the top from the usual posters.

At least we know tonight’s scapegoat.

Over the top?

supposed to be the captain and makes 2 schoolboy errors and cost us the game 

not a chance over the top ffs 

Archived