Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You need to open your ears. Guys in the section one over from me boo's him. If happened and I'm not the only one who heard it. Fuck, I wasnt even the first to talk about if in this thread.

Post the video you have on your phone..

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just for comparisons stakes, ojo has 5 goals and 4 assists this season, in a new team, having played over 400 minutes less than tav, and people want him sent back to liverpool in January 

Tavernier needs to defend, and attack.  Despite having defensive duties he's often one of the most creative players in our team.  Last season he had 14 assists in the SPFL making him the most creative player in the country.  Tavernier already has 8 assists this season and leads the team in that respect.

Ojo's job is exclusively to attack and he doesn't do that well enough IMO.  Putting in a shift when it comes to the high press, or helping out the full-back off the ball (as Candeias did) would be great, but Ojo just doesn't have that kind of workrate or application.  

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's actually a good point. He even won the penalty. 

Watch that passage of play again with the volume up loud. When the ball is laid off to him before he takes the FB on and wins the penalty, there is a massive audible groan that its been passed to him :lol:

@King Jela Never thought the boos were aimed at him tbh but read above

9 hours ago, TMB said:

Tavernier needs to defend, and attack.  Despite having defensive duties he's often one of the most creative players in our team.  Last season he had 14 assists in the SPFL making him the most creative player in the country.  Tavernier already has 8 assists this season and leads the team in that respect.

Ojo's job is exclusively to attack and he doesn't do that well enough IMO.  Putting in a shift when it comes to the high press, or helping out the full-back off the ball (as Candeias did) would be great, but Ojo just doesn't have that kind of workrate or application.  

You're right he does need to defend, and so far this season he's cost us against hearts and young boys because he's very poor at it, point im making is that stats mean heehaw really, the overall picture that people can see is that he's not playing as good as can be for whatever reason, but will not be rotated out even for one game 

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just for comparisons stakes, ojo has 5 goals and 4 assists this season, in a new team, having played over 400 minutes less than tav, and people want him sent back to liverpool in January 

Comparing a wingers stats to a full backs stats is laughable :lol:

14 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Watch that passage of play again with the volume up loud. When the ball is laid off to him before he takes the FB on and wins the penalty, there is a massive audible groan that its been passed to him :lol:

@King Jela Never thought the boos were aimed at him tbh but read above

Link? Forgot where I seen it... know it's on the spl site. But was on YouTube I seen it and cant mind the name of the video.

15 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You need to open your ears. Guys in the section one over from me boo's him. If happened and I'm not the only one who heard it. Fuck, I wasnt even the first to talk about if in this thread.

As much as Tav gets on my tits sometimes he usually comes up with something that makes me eat my words. However he plays I wouldn't boo him. After he missed the penalty there was a section of the Govan front who booed the next time he was on the ball. Pricks every one of them.

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

As much as Tav gets on my tits sometimes he usually comes up with something that makes me eat my words. However he plays I wouldn't boo him. After he missed the penalty there was a section of the Govan front who booed the next time he was on the ball. Pricks every one of them.

What good do they think will come of booing the club captain?

8 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I sit in GF1. It was the motherwell fans booing him because they thought he dived.

Tav seems to be getting the brunt of it but he is still chipping in with the odd assist. I think we just need to back him, a spell off penalties would probably help.

Ojo hasn't got a goal or assist since Feyenoord. Aribo and Arfield have also been rank.

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I wouldn't boo either. Would never boo one of our own players, I was just backing up someone who said they heard booing by saying that I heard it too. Now you're the 6th or 7th person who has said it. 

So we're either all liars or part of a conspiracy to say he got boo's when he never. 

I have a video on my phone, but it doesn't completely catch the booing but you can hear it starting just after he missed the Pen.

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

What good do they think will come of booing the club captain?

What section was this in GF ? as I sit next section to Govan East corner and never heard it, there were a few expletives getting shouted but no booing around us.

Sorry mate quoted the wrong person.

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

What section was this in GF ? as I sit next section to Govan East corner and never heard it, there were a few expletives getting shouted but no booing around us.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Comparing a wingers stats to a full backs stats is laughable :lol:

Why when a lot of people think that tav is our main attacking outlet and many have stated that gerrard doesnt wants him to play high up overlapping etc etc, 

Plus its highly arguable that tav does more attacking than defending

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why when a lot of people think that tav is our main attacking outlet and many have stated that gerrard doesnt wants him to play high up overlapping etc etc, 

Plus its highly arguable that tav does more attacking than defending

Because ultimately one is a full back and the other is a winger. It’s like comparing apples to oranges.

20 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ojo could finish the season with 50 goals and 100 assists and I’d still want him gone. He’s horrific.

Archived