Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What do you think about this whole Tav situation in general?

Honestly? I said a month or so back that he's looked like he has issues away from the pitch as he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

He'd better than any replacement we have and if he doesn't play imo our attacking play will suffer.

On Sunday the criticism was pretty shite. He wasn't great but he stood up and kept coming back for more and his delivery for the goal was sublime. If we had a decent attacking full back to.replace him.then fair enough but without him in the team even when he's not at his best we are still short imo.

He probably for his own good needs a game or two out the team but we weaken ourselves further by removing him

43 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Honestly? I said a month or so back that he's looked like he has issues away from the pitch as he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

He'd better than any replacement we have and if he doesn't play imo our attacking play will suffer.

On Sunday the criticism was pretty shite. He wasn't great but he stood up and kept coming back for more and his delivery for the goal was sublime. If we had a decent attacking full back to.replace him.then fair enough but without him in the team even when he's not at his best we are still short imo.

He probably for his own good needs a game or two out the team but we weaken ourselves further by removing him

Fair summation and pretty much how I look at it too. The guy is going through a poor spell of form but he’s not hiding. He’s still getting heavily involved and taking responsibility and, as the captain, I don’t think enough people are giving him credit for that. You only have to look at the Xhaka situation to see how somebody can actively go into hiding and let criticism get to them and he hasn’t done that.

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Fair summation and pretty much how I look at it too. The guy is going through a poor spell of form but he’s not hiding. He’s still getting heavily involved and taking responsibility and, as the captain, I don’t think enough people are giving him credit for that. You only have to look at the Xhaka situation to see how somebody can actively go into hiding and let criticism get to them and he hasn’t done that.

It's ok saying he's our captain and he stood up and kept coming back for more but as a club do we not have a duty of care that if someone is struggling and getting a bit of stick for his performances that they should maybe protect him and take him out the firing line?  Other players have been dropped for less and surely polster deserves a chance. He might not be as good going foward (although I think Tav has looked nervy recently) but he might be a better defender and offer more stability at the back. I'd probably start Polster tonight and see how it goes. 

Played well last night and is so important to our team and the way we play.........good to see Stevie Gerrard defending his captain. That's what he needs right now, support from the manager and the players and the fans alike.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Played well in spells but still gives away possession too much for my liking ( first 20 seconds for example ) but I'm sounding like a broken record with that.

Not the only player that gives away possession, but his covering for Goldson when he slipped was exceptional, skinned the Hearts player...

Thought he was steady today....but

listen to his after-match reaction interview.

In a 2 min 18 sec interview he manages to say "you know"  28 times !!!!!!!!!

yes...I'm that sad I had to go back and count them.......................... but Well done Gers. 

:rangers:

• 2 months later...

Archived