Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Think if we’re going to play the 3 of Davis, Kamara and Jack then we may as well play Patterson and let him bomb up and down the right, with those 3 the cover is there and gets us extra width 

I think Patterson is the best option right now and will only improve with experience so it is a no brainer to play him at this time imo. About time some of this crop of unders were getting a chance. Get Kai Kennedy and Nathan young coombes out there asap would be  my choice.

I was floored for weeks after getting my appendix out. 

But I'm sure the aftercare he'll receive, plus being as fit as he is, will be massively different in terms of recovery time.

I'd suspect he won't play until the end of February at the earliest. 

4 minutes ago, ben51 said:

But I'm sure the aftercare he'll receive, plus being as fit as he is, will be massively different in terms of recovery time.

End February, surely not. Out for 6 weeks for having the appendix out??

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

End of February 🤢 got a shiver up the back there.

9 minutes ago, chris182 said:

End February, surely not. Out for 6 weeks for having the appendix out??

I couldn't wear jeans until 3 weeks in, and certainly couldn't run. It's keyhole surgery so the scars are in very awkward places. Admittedly my stitches were dissolvable so it may be more comfortable for him now he has them out.

But this'll be the longest he'll go for a while without any form of real fitness. That'll take recovery in itself.

Obviously I'm no Doctor, but I'd suggest end or mid February. The 21st of Feb would be 5 weeks. So don't think that'd be far out. 

Edit - That's all dependent on the fact it didn't burst. If it's burst he could be out for longer as recovery time is longer in that case due to your body fighting the infection.

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

I couldn't wear jeans until 3 weeks in, and certainly couldn't run. It's keyhole surgery so the scars are in very awkward places. Admittedly my stitches were dissolvable so it may be more comfortable for him now he has them out.

But this'll be the longest he'll go for a while without any form of real fitness. That'll take recovery in itself.

Obviously I'm no Doctor, but I'd suggest end or mid February. The 21st of Feb would be 5 weeks. So don't think that'd be far out. 

Edit - That's all dependent on the fact it didn't burst. If it's burst he could be out for longer as recovery time is longer in that case due to your body fighting the infection.

I really don’t think it will be 5 weeks because you couldn’t wear your jeans after 3 :lol:

Tav is a professional athlete and will be back in the next couple of weeks seeing as the doc caught it early. 

11 hours ago, ben51 said:

I was back at work in 4 days  it’s not a major op at all  everybody recovers at a different pace maybe I was lucky  as a sportsman I expect Tav to take a bit longer but hope to see him back before the sheep game 

14 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Think if we’re going to play the 3 of Davis, Kamara and Jack...

We shouldn't be playing those three together.  We looked much more fluid/positive when Davis was injured and the change was forced.   

Archived