Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

16 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Do you watch Rangers? Do you actually watch him play? Again, I just don’t get it with Tavernier at all. 

A consistent loser and potential fuck up in every big game we play yet people treat him like a wee victim when he fucks up and rightfully gets slaughtered for it. 

I must be missing something. 

Do you watch Rangers? The hate you give out for one of our own makes you look like a fucking rabid.

He's been below par this season but a fucking looser? He was in the top 3 best players last season at least.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn’t look fit, looks like he’s labouring when he’s running and is rarely running away from players in the way he used to

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s carrying knocks or he’s just fatigued he plays just about every single minute we play and now has to be the full right side of the team

Management need to drop him for a few games to give him a wake up call and manage his fitness

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

A slip, a fault, a mistake, an error. Take your pick. He cost us tonight. Btw, first time I’ve given out shit to Tav. 

Me too mate, but tonight is on him. He’s still a big player for us though, people are going way over the top

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Doesn’t look fit, looks like he’s labouring when he’s running and is rarely running away from players in the way he used to

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s carrying knocks or he’s just fatigued he plays just about every single minute we play and now has to be the full right side of the team

Management need to drop him for a few games to give him a wake up call and manage his fitness

A load a pish on this thread but that is some of the biggest pish going - one of our fittest players and one of our more consistent performers - yep he had a bad nigh but that does not make him a bad player, nor does he need dropped 

24 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

You can forget about winning anything if you replace Tav with either of those 2 

What is the point then of having a sqaud esk. 

Every player needs to be fighting for their spot. Tonight he messed up big time and even missing the next game will be a message from management that no one is untouchable. 

We don't really know what polster can bring so give him a chance at the weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A load a pish on this thread but that is some of the biggest pish going - one of our fittest players and one of our more consistent performers - yep he had a bad nigh but that does not make him a bad player, nor does he need dropped 

Think you’ll find my post was doing anything but saying he’s a bad player but that he’s been poorly managed .Watch him and tell me he looks as quick and sharp as he did last season. His spot in the team is guaranteed just now as well so there’s no consequences for his mistakes.

In football these days we always talk about managing players fitness and rotating the squad so why is it OK for a player who’s practically playing 2 positions to be playing every single minute of football in what’s about a 60 game season.

Tav is super fit but even the fittest athletes need a rest from time to time 

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

What is the point then of having a sqaud esk. 

Every player needs to be fighting for their spot. Tonight he messed up big time and even missing the next game will be a message from management that no one is untouchable. 

We don't really know what polster can bring so give him a chance at the weekend. 

I think the answer lies in Tav not playing in certain run of the mill games such as at home to Hamilton to try and give him a rest. He’s barely missed a game in 4 years for us which I think we are seeing the results of now. 

Problem is he is involved in so many of our goals removing him has such a big impact. Midfield & Barisic have stepped up a fair bit recently though 

He’s found his level against the dross of Scottish Football he gets away with the fuck ups and positional sense of a crisp packet. 

When he steps up a level to the EL group stages he’s a bombscare, let Feyenoord in twice at home and McGregor saved his ass.

Can only hope he is replaced sooner rather than later. As for being Captain, that just rubs salt in the wound.  

43 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Do you watch Rangers? The hate you give out for one of our own makes you look like a fucking rabid.

He's been below par this season but a fucking looser? He was in the top 3 best players last season at least.

:lol: 

42 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Did we win last season ? At all ?   

44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

From yourself because you can’t think of any. Funny that

I asked the question first mate, you have constantly refused to answer and deflected with pointless posts and counter questions to get away from my original question, the definition of deflection. 

Chase yourself. 

1 minute ago, yermaw145 said:

Did we win last season ? At all ?   

The Tav fan club are desperate when they resort to that pish.

Any decent manager we come up against always attacks down his side because they know he’s woeful. In the 2 games we’ve lost this season both goals have come from his side or because of him. He’s a consistent weak link. 

His reputation in his own mind and - crucially - in the mind of the manager now (this season) is, imo,  vastly over-rated.    An asset that's becoming (become even) a liability.     His errors were principal reasons tonight for costing Rangers the game.    

It is plain that the manager thinks he has no alternative but to keep selecting the player.     Because we never see Polson or anyone else picking up the right fullback slot either as a sub or to give Tav a rest.   Which means the manager does not trust anyone else.   Which also means the manager has developed an over-reliance on Tav that he is unable or unwilling to shake off.   That then risks a continued weakening of the team as Tav moves throughout a season where his defensive reliability progressively falls away (like tonight) and his attacking contributions risk fading (missed pens and some rank awful crossing at times this season).     

Does Tav really lead the team exceptionally well?   Does he even lead it moderately well?    Is he even mildly effective as a captain / leader?    I don't think so.  In n terms of team leadership on the pitch - inspiring others and getting stuck into them when needed - is not something I think he good at.    He is captain and leader in name only.    

He knows he's safely picked to get games - a first choice.   Because there is no other choice the manager is prepared to make.     That lack of effective competition brings complacency which brings loss of sharpness, which brings tardiness into the game.   Which costs us goals and games...…..like tonight.

It's as much Gerrard's fault as it is Tav's fault.    He's got himself into a 'sole player' dependence which he cannot escape from and he (Gerrard) can only hope that self-imposed constraint does not do too much (more) damage to results this season.       

There is no current alternative to Tav.   In the same way there is no current alternative to Gerrard.    Their future success and fate at Rangers are tied together.    

He very much has a bombscare like that in his locker and sadly it rears its ugly head too frequently. He is one of the most frustrating players I can remember playing for us. The amount of times he overhits/underhits balls, gets caught out defensively and touches the ball like a giraffe is unacceptable. 

Archived