Now that was embarrassing

WeeJacksonRFC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Be good if he could header in the direction he’s facing or, better still, downwards

This.

He seldom heads it downwards.

Every corner we get he seems to send  a looping header way over the bar.

Its like he never times his jump right as he’s never over the ball.

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Some of the arguments on here are just pathetic 

The facts 

Goldson and Tav are not good enough at this level .And no amount of excuses are going to change that 

The Europa website has an algorithm that awards points based on defensive and offensive work and Tavernier was one of the top players in the competition during last seasons group stages.  He seemed more than good enough for this level then.

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Be good if he could header in the direction he’s facing or, better still, downwards

Every header is a lottery, he gets in some great positions around the six yard box then its like chucking a tennis ball at a tree with the ball going near anywhere except where you want it to go.

4 hours ago, TMB said:

The Europa website has an algorithm that awards points based on defensive and offensive work and Tavernier was one of the top players in the competition during last seasons group stages.  He seemed more than good enough for this level then.

I think you would have his babies bud 

I noticed your posts last night and even after last night ,you wouldn't say a bad word 

It's no real surprise 

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I think you would have his babies bud 

I noticed your posts last night and even after last night ,you wouldn't say a bad word 

It's no real surprise 

He was at fault last night but to claim he can’t perform at that level is complete nonsense.  He was one of the tournaments top performers during last season group stages.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

He was at fault last night but to claim he can’t perform at that level is complete nonsense.  He was one of the tournaments top performers during last season group stages.

Last season is confined to the history books mate.

He may have been better then, but by fuck, he has been bomb scarish this season.

28 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Yeah I don’t understand why you wouldn’t bring a guy who has plenty of international caps and played in these type of game situations.

Stewart looked miles off it when he came on.

King’s lack of opportunity really has been frustrating.  This lack of creativity from central midfield has gone on too long now.  King could be exactly what we need.  Given the amount of goals he’s scored, what he’s won, the levels he’s played at, surely to fuck the guy has something to offer us.  He’s only 30 so not like he’s past it.  

1 hour ago, TMB said:

King’s lack of opportunity really has been frustrating.  This lack of creativity from central midfield has gone on too long now.  King could be exactly what we need.  Given the amount of goals he’s scored, what he’s won, the levels he’s played at, surely to fuck the guy has something to offer us.  He’s only 30 so not like he’s past it.  

Hes scored like 8 goals in last 5 seasons or something ,not the goal scoring midfield players ur making him.out 

I remember SAF saying years ago that the players get plenty of praise so you should never feel bad about telling them a few home truths when the time is right and like any job pro footballer's soon get to know the minimum effort and application that the boss will accept.

As a team we still don't seem to have the knack of digging out good results when we're not at our best and that has to change if we are to start winning silverware

Nothing embarrassing about it.  We went away from home to a team that were in the Champions League last year, competed well and could have come away with a win or a draw.  A couple of silly mistakes cost us.

We were pretty unlucky last night, if we had gotten the stone wall penalty, we would most likely be having a different conversation today.

I am not even close to embarrassed by the result.

7 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Nothing embarrassing about it.  We went away from home to a team that were in the Champions League last year, competed well and could have come away with a win or a draw.  A couple of silly mistakes cost us.

We were pretty unlucky last night, if we had gotten the stone wall penalty, we would most likely be having a different conversation today.

We SHOULD have come away with something, Gogzy.  That’s what’s so disheartening about it.  That last minute goal was like a punch in the stomach and who knows what it might cost us in the end.

All the shit about VAR aside we should still be getting something from that game.  We were more than a match for those cunts. 

The performance last night was abject.   Woeful.   The result was unacceptable and came about due to the abject performance.  Abject not just from the team on the park but from Gerrard who despite now having had a season plus to get to grips with the persistent problem with the team of not actually knowing from the start of a game whether he (and we) get the Rangers team A game or some confidence-lacking, composure-lacking. goal scoring threat lacking, low key performance.   That is, imo, down to managerial leadership, inspiration and ability to properly prepare players to give their very best right from the off and maintain that throughout the game.   He failed to do so and must, imo, take a large slice of the blame.

It was abject all round.  A perfectly winnable game against a so-so Swiss side  (albeit competent enough) but at a level where we were well placed to get a good away win never mind trying (and failing even then) to scramble a draw.

It was abject.  It was not good enough.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

We SHOULD have come away with something, Gogzy.  That’s what’s so disheartening about it.  That last minute goal was like a punch in the stomach and who knows what it might cost us in the end.

All the shit about VAR aside we should still be getting something from that game.  We were more than a match for those cunts. 

We could have come away with something yes.  We didn't.  It happens.  We were not embarrassing is my point.

I think some may well be overlooking Young Boys too.  They were a very decent side, and had they been more clinical in their passing and finishing, we would have taken a tanking last night. We were really unlucky last night IMO.

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

The performance last night was abject.   Woeful.   The result was unacceptable and came about due to the abject performance.  Abject not just from the team on the park but from Gerrard who despite now having had a season plus to get to grips with the persistent problem with the team of not actually knowing from the start of a game whether he (and we) get the Rangers team A game or some confidence-lacking, composure-lacking. goal scoring threat lacking, low key performance.   That is, imo, down to managerial leadership, inspiration and ability to properly prepare players to give their very best right from the off and maintain that throughout the game.   He failed to do so and must, imo, take a large slice of the blame.

It was abject all round.  A perfectly winnable game against a so-so Swiss side  (albeit competent enough) but at a level where we were well placed to get a good away win never mind trying (and failing even then) to scramble a draw.

I think Gerrard is setting us up far too defensively at time’s.  Against celtic and last night prime examples.  Sometimes it pays to have some balls and go for it.

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

That "so-so Swiss side were the champions of their country and were playing in the champions league last year mate.  They wern't a bunch of part time amater mugs ( the type we have dropped points of lost to in the past many times).

I thought both teams were woeful at times and neither showed their full potential.

I also don't see how Gerrard takes much of the blame, I had no issues with his starting side, and until the last kick of the ball we were good for a point away from home in Europe.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

We could have come away with something yes.  We didn't.  It happens.  We were not embarrassing is my point.

I think some may well be overlooking Young Boys too.  They were a very decent side, and had they been more clinical in their passing and finishing, we would have taken a tanking last night. We were really unlucky last night IMO.

I’m not embarrassed by it but I’m absolutely fucking gutted.  We’re a better team than what we seen last night. 

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Don’t think we were unlucky last night. We got what we deserved in the end.

Yes we should have won a penalty but they squandered a chance early on that was harder to miss than score.

They weren’t great but we let them win as we never kicked out of 3rd gear. We gave away two cheap goals and you just can’t do that at this level and count yourself unlucky imo.

Archived