Sign in to follow this  
ForeverAndEver

Ojo.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Ojo's versatility is he can play both wings... And I think most agree that Arfield is not a winger.

What makes for a winger, to your mind? Does Ojo qualify as one?

16 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

What makes for a winger, to your mind? Does Ojo qualify as one?

Of course Ojo is a winger. I do not see Arfield as one.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Of course Ojo is a winger. I do not see Arfield as one.

👍

Just a notion I have that "Ojo is a winger" might be based more on accepted wisdom rather than evidence, if a winger is defined by anything more than pure pace and standing in wide areas of the pitch.

If he has to play, I'd love to see us be a bit braver in the next away games and try to make a workable, counter-attacking 4-4-2 with him through the middle. Play to the strength of his speed rather than the glaring weaknesses of his technique.

14 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

👍

Just a notion I have that "Ojo is a winger" might be based more on accepted wisdom rather than evidence, if a winger is defined by anything more than pure pace and standing in wide areas of the pitch.

If he has to play, I'd love to see us be a bit braver in the next away games and try to make a workable, counter-attacking 4-4-2 with him through the middle. Play to the strength of his speed rather than the glaring weaknesses of his technique.

Speed is one thing and I don't see him as being that fast. Then there is his thinking speed and he goes to the bottom of the class for that, so overall his speed is actually non existent and better we don't talk about his spine.

He has some close control ability but just another dud at the wrong club.

Ojo got a clause maybe in his contract for european games, if fit he plays? He was completely shite last night.

That surface last night would of played a part too for some of the players, on grass I believe we'd have beat them comfortably. 

Thought his contribution opened our eyes to how good Barisic has actually become and I love Barisic. 

Literally played that side of the park himself the whole night because of Ojo who looks like he’d rather  not have the ball every time he has it

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Speed is one thing and I don't see him as being that fast. Then there is his thinking speed and he goes to the bottom of the class for that, so overall his speed is actually non existent and better we don't talk about his spine.

He has some close control ability but just another dud at the wrong club.

I don't even think there's control or general skill in doing the things we need from him, and I fear he knows it himself. The lack of bravery seems most obvious in all the times where he deliberately takes the easy, negative option, and even that looked a struggle last night.

He needs to be a player who makes things happen for us on his own, but right now doesn't seem to have the heart to try.

Blue Avenger likes this

Keevins on SSB saying we don't have the money for January transfers but Alex Rae saying he spoke to someone at the club today who confirmed that we do have the money and that we will be looking to bring in Ojo on a permanent transfer.

Are they trying to avoid a Kent type situation? Imho there must be better players in that position at that age who have more testicular fortitude. 

4 minutes ago, bennyali said:

Keevins on SSB saying we don't have the money for January transfers but Alex Rae saying he spoke to someone at the club today who confirmed that we do have the money and that we will be looking to bring in Ojo on a permanent transfer.

Are they trying to avoid a Kent type situation? Imho there must be better players in that position at that age who have more testicular fortitude. 

Did he not just sign a 5 yr contract with Liverpool.

I’ll be filing this under P for Pish!

1 hour ago, bennyali said:

:justno:

GA1972, JograBear and JCDBigBear like this

Hes only playing because it's a worrall deal all over....

Has to be, hes been fkn horrendous imo. Cracker out of nower against feyenoord covers up fir the super supporters. Couple early goals in early Europa games against part timers...

BlueAvenger and JCDBigBear like this

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent had a long contract with Liverpool as did Ejaria.  Liverpool do that to guarantee a good return on their youth players.  They already know they wont make it in to their first-team.

OhW likes this

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yes signed 5 yr deal summer 2018.  I hope we are not thinking of signing him permanently.    He has no heart and disappears in games.

Ivybank likes this

3 hours ago, bennyali said:

That’d be fucking madness. Hopefully they’re just telling him that to be nice. 

8 hours ago, TMB said:

Kent had a long contract with Liverpool as did Ejaria.  Liverpool do that to guarantee a good return on their youth players.  They already know they wont make it in to their first-team.

We had to pay 7 million for Kent..

If we pay 7 million for Ojo whoever sanctions that needs a medical.

I wonder if he would have been signed if the club had thought there was ever a realistic chance of signing Ryan Kent on a permanent !

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We had to pay 7 million for Kent..

If we pay 7 million for Ojo whoever sanctions that needs a medical.

An eyesight test at the very least.

16 hours ago, bennyali said:

Keevins on SSB saying we don't have the money for January transfers

Predicted us winning 55 will see that fuckin speccy slug into a retirement home.
This wee fucker was predicting admin 2 for years.
Forever asking where we got the money for certain transfers.
The time I take lessons on our finances from the bigot called Nuremberg shug will be time for me to chuck it.