Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GA1972

Arfield

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

If we are neglecting playing a right sided player and leaving a gap there so Arfield can play this role just off the striker then he needs to offer far more than he has been this season 

A luxury we can’t afford at the moment IMO

I wouldn't be surprised if he has not fractured his arm. He looked  really off in the second half. 

MillwallLoyal likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he has not fractured his arm. He looked  really off in the second half. 

He never turned up for the first half either, spent all night ghosting about the middle of the park not really doing anything. Wasn’t pressing or winning the ball, use of the ball was awful, not making any decent runs just offering nothing in general 

CR3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Still rding the wave of the 5 meaningless games he played well in at the end of last season unbelievably.

Doesny help that in they give his best was from the left yet Gerrard has a weird fascination for playing him on the right

born a blue nose likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we play him wide we’re looking for him to make runs in to the box and get on the end of things.  He’s not a winger, he’s not going to run at defenders, he’s simply being asked to find space in the box.

IMO we would be better off with a proper number 10 in the team and asking them to link up with the striker, get in the opposition box, and score goals.  Sadly, we don’t have this type of player.

Playing with three sitting midfielders is too much.  All our play comes from the wide areas and if OJo and Arfield aren’t getting involved the service can only come from the fullbacks.  We need a player who can attack centrally for us.

celtic have used a 4-3-3 for years.  They tend to use a number 10.  It was Rogic under Rodgers, now it’s Christie,  we need this type of player in our side.  If only to give us a different option or to make us more attacking when chasing a goal.

fernando0606 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TMB said:

When we play him wide we’re looking for him to make runs in to the box and get on the end of things.  He’s not a winger, he’s not going to run at defenders, he’s simply being asked to find space in the box.

IMO we would be better off with a proper number 10 in the team and asking them to link up with the striker, get in the opposition box, and score goals.  Sadly, we don’t have this type of player.

Playing with three sitting midfielders is too much.  All our play comes from the wide areas and if OJo and Arfield aren’t getting involved the service can only come from the fullbacks.  We need a player who can attack centrally for us.

celtic have used a 4-3-3 for years.  They tend to use a number 10.  It was Rogic under Rodgers, now it’s Christie,  we need this type of player in our side.  If only to give us a different option or to make us more attacking when chasing a goal.

He's got the heart, but his ability doesn't match it. Dire in front of goal. A quiet night for him.

Cedrick and MillwallLoyal like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it all last season ffs. I called him the nearly man. Nearly gets the killer pass away. Nearly gets on the end of the killer pass. Nearly finishes the half chance.

And when he plays on the right or the left of the front three he switches off constantly when we're being attacked. Work rate in the opposition half is excellent but once the ball is in our half he goes missing.

GA1972 and Cedrick like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, born a blue nose said:

He is more effective when a winger is doing winger stuff out wide and he is bursting forward from midfield, this inside forward pish isn't working for him.

Thought he had his best game this season against the sheep shaggers when he played through the middle.

born a blue nose likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Thought he had his best game this season against the sheep shaggers when he played through the middle.

Playing through the middle and making runs in to the opposition box suits us best.  Davis and Jack are very defensive minded.  So those three work well.

JograBear and MillwallLoyal like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EatDolphins said:

He clearly needs a rest. Has done for weeks. 3 or 4 weeks out would do him the world of good.

I thought he was excellent on Saturday against Aberdeen but after tonight I tend to agree. We do have international break coming however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought he was excellent on Saturday against Aberdeen but after tonight I tend to agree. We do have international break coming however.

He plays for Canada.  I think he skipped the las one because he needed a break but not sure if he'll do the same this time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TMB said:

He plays for Canada.  I think he skipped the las one because he needed a break but not sure if he'll do the same this time.  

I think there next game is not until Nov 15th ( against USA ). Anyway he was shite tonight, he needs a recharge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Did he break his wrist tonight?

I had a sneaky feeling he did but no mention of it in the press conference so probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I still think we brought him back in too early this summer which is a factor. Is it the biggest? I'm not sure.

100% a factor, there was no need to bring him back to play shite friendlies and games against St Joseph’s and Progrès 

Rangers_no1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO a workmanlike carthorse who, when it suits him, can turn in the occasional surprising thoroughbred performance.        

Does he deliver highly effective games for Rangers on a consistent enough basis?    Not in my opinion.    Like tonight and like so many other Rangers players in the squad, you don't really know what to expect from game to game.       The wonder at the start of a game is whether individual players, and the team as a whole, will be operating at top pitch, full tilt for the jersey and be seen to be doing their level best to win for the Support...…...or whether its just another 'just turn up and go through the motions' type of performance.     IMO we see too much of the latter and way too little of the former.      

He was, imo, anonymous and ineffective in the game tonight.    Ojo was worse though.       

Cedrick and Blue Avenger like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gets a raw deal whenever we don't win. Does a lot of good work that goes unnoticed. Plays a few good balls that sets us up nicely. When these chances are wasted his contribution gets forgotten. He contributes more than he is given credit for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs "rested" along with a few others, namely Tav, Ojo, Goldson and Helander. Not a fucking winner between them, yet we have better on the bench.

It may only be the EL, but this carries over to the league which we just have to win. I fucking dread dropping points to any cunt. Is the mentality there with those mentioned? If it is, I don't see it. Get fucking Polson, Katic and Edmundson a run and when Kent gets back get Ojo to fuck. 

Gerrard needs to stop playing favourites. Simples.

 

elliotblu and GA1972 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...