Arfield

GA1972

If we are neglecting playing a right sided player and leaving a gap there so Arfield can play this role just off the striker then he needs to offer far more than he has been this season 

A luxury we can’t afford at the moment IMO

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

If we are neglecting playing a right sided player and leaving a gap there so Arfield can play this role just off the striker then he needs to offer far more than he has been this season 

A luxury we can’t afford at the moment IMO

I wouldn't be surprised if he has not fractured his arm. He looked  really off in the second half. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he has not fractured his arm. He looked  really off in the second half. 

He never turned up for the first half either, spent all night ghosting about the middle of the park not really doing anything. Wasn’t pressing or winning the ball, use of the ball was awful, not making any decent runs just offering nothing in general 

When we play him wide we’re looking for him to make runs in to the box and get on the end of things.  He’s not a winger, he’s not going to run at defenders, he’s simply being asked to find space in the box.

IMO we would be better off with a proper number 10 in the team and asking them to link up with the striker, get in the opposition box, and score goals.  Sadly, we don’t have this type of player.

Playing with three sitting midfielders is too much.  All our play comes from the wide areas and if OJo and Arfield aren’t getting involved the service can only come from the fullbacks.  We need a player who can attack centrally for us.

celtic have used a 4-3-3 for years.  They tend to use a number 10.  It was Rogic under Rodgers, now it’s Christie,  we need this type of player in our side.  If only to give us a different option or to make us more attacking when chasing a goal.

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

When we play him wide we’re looking for him to make runs in to the box and get on the end of things.  He’s not a winger, he’s not going to run at defenders, he’s simply being asked to find space in the box.

IMO we would be better off with a proper number 10 in the team and asking them to link up with the striker, get in the opposition box, and score goals.  Sadly, we don’t have this type of player.

Playing with three sitting midfielders is too much.  All our play comes from the wide areas and if OJo and Arfield aren’t getting involved the service can only come from the fullbacks.  We need a player who can attack centrally for us.

celtic have used a 4-3-3 for years.  They tend to use a number 10.  It was Rogic under Rodgers, now it’s Christie,  we need this type of player in our side.  If only to give us a different option or to make us more attacking when chasing a goal.

He's got the heart, but his ability doesn't match it. Dire in front of goal. A quiet night for him.

I said it all last season ffs. I called him the nearly man. Nearly gets the killer pass away. Nearly gets on the end of the killer pass. Nearly finishes the half chance.

And when he plays on the right or the left of the front three he switches off constantly when we're being attacked. Work rate in the opposition half is excellent but once the ball is in our half he goes missing.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

He is more effective when a winger is doing winger stuff out wide and he is bursting forward from midfield, this inside forward pish isn't working for him.

Thought he had his best game this season against the sheep shaggers when he played through the middle.

8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Thought he had his best game this season against the sheep shaggers when he played through the middle.

Playing through the middle and making runs in to the opposition box suits us best.  Davis and Jack are very defensive minded.  So those three work well.

1 minute ago, EatDolphins said:

He clearly needs a rest. Has done for weeks. 3 or 4 weeks out would do him the world of good.

I thought he was excellent on Saturday against Aberdeen but after tonight I tend to agree. We do have international break coming however.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought he was excellent on Saturday against Aberdeen but after tonight I tend to agree. We do have international break coming however.

He plays for Canada.  I think he skipped the las one because he needed a break but not sure if he'll do the same this time.  

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

He plays for Canada.  I think he skipped the las one because he needed a break but not sure if he'll do the same this time.  

I think there next game is not until Nov 15th ( against USA ). Anyway he was shite tonight, he needs a recharge.

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I still think we brought him back in too early this summer which is a factor. Is it the biggest? I'm not sure.

100% a factor, there was no need to bring him back to play shite friendlies and games against St Joseph’s and Progrès 

IMO a workmanlike carthorse who, when it suits him, can turn in the occasional surprising thoroughbred performance.        

Does he deliver highly effective games for Rangers on a consistent enough basis?    Not in my opinion.    Like tonight and like so many other Rangers players in the squad, you don't really know what to expect from game to game.       The wonder at the start of a game is whether individual players, and the team as a whole, will be operating at top pitch, full tilt for the jersey and be seen to be doing their level best to win for the Support...…...or whether its just another 'just turn up and go through the motions' type of performance.     IMO we see too much of the latter and way too little of the former.      

He was, imo, anonymous and ineffective in the game tonight.    Ojo was worse though.       

He needs "rested" along with a few others, namely Tav, Ojo, Goldson and Helander. Not a fucking winner between them, yet we have better on the bench.

It may only be the EL, but this carries over to the league which we just have to win. I fucking dread dropping points to any cunt. Is the mentality there with those mentioned? If it is, I don't see it. Get fucking Polson, Katic and Edmundson a run and when Kent gets back get Ojo to fuck. 

Gerrard needs to stop playing favourites. Simples.

37 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

IMO a workmanlike carthorse who, when it suits him, can turn in the occasional surprising thoroughbred performance.        

Does he deliver highly effective games for Rangers on a consistent enough basis?    Not in my opinion.    Like tonight and like so many other Rangers players in the squad, you don't really know what to expect from game to game.       The wonder at the start of a game is whether individual players, and the team as a whole, will be operating at top pitch, full tilt for the jersey and be seen to be doing their level best to win for the Support...…...or whether its just another 'just turn up and go through the motions' type of performance.     IMO we see too much of the latter and way too little of the former.      

He was, imo, anonymous and ineffective in the game tonight.    Ojo was worse though.       

When he decides to play, he's becoming more of a headless chicken. His first touch and finishing are horrendous .

The favoured few pick themselves and I'm disappointed in Gerrard for that.

Archived