Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GA1972

Arfield

Recommended Posts


29 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Exactly my take on it and it's a choice between Arfield or Aribo not both. 

I’d play both Aribo and Arfield in central midfield with one holding player behind them.  

I appreciate Davis and Jack have been playing well but we look far too defensive when both play at the same time.  Away to Young Boys I think we had Davis, Jack, and Kamara so no central attacking threat at all.  Everything comes from out wide.

Aribo and Arfield can make runs in to the opposition box from central areas and maybe get us a few goals.  I still think this team need a dedicated number 10 to play behind the striker.  We just don’t have that type of player right now.

Redwhiteandblue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A workhorse, but a player of limited ability and no brains and quickly becoming a headless chicken, who couldn't hit a barn door at 10 yards when he gets the chance.

Morelos needs a player with a deft touch and guile to play off, not a technicaly poor workhorse. Stewart would be a far better foil for Morelos.

Gerrard is trying to fit square pegs into round holes and it's costing us and will cost is this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His play is more suited to be playing from the middle and not on the right hand side of a front three. Gerrard puts him there to accommodate Davis ,Jack,Aribo in the middle three. With Jack out injured though I would rather of seen him in there than Kamara who for me offers very little to the team and wants far to much time on the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

A workhorse, but a player of limited ability and no brains and quickly becoming a headless chicken, who couldn't hit a barn door at 10 yards when he gets the chance.

Morelos needs a player with a deft touch and guile to play off, not a technicaly poor workhorse. Stewart would be a far better foil for Morelos.

Gerrard is trying to fit square pegs into round holes and it's costing us and will cost is this league.

Arfield is a reasonably skillful player but he is not as a right winger. You are being a bit harsh on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes fucking honking! Contributes fuck all. No quality whatsoever.  Runs about and keeps himself busy and that's about it - yet manages to avoid any form of criticism from the fans. 

If it was anyone else hed be getting pelters.

docspiderman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Arfield is a reasonably skillful player but he is not as a right winger. You are being a bit harsh on him.

Whatever he has got, it isn't showing or working. A touch like an elephant, has missed God knows how many chances and does absolutely nothing for Morelos who was raging at him today.

Is he a center mid? I just don't see that ability.

Rusty117 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Arfield is a reasonably skillful player but he is not as a right winger. You are being a bit harsh on him.

How does he measure up Stats wise against, Christie from that mob considering they play same position for each team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How does he measure up Stats wise against, Christie from that mob considering they play same position for each team?

2 inches smaller in height, a wee tad more central core which stops him falling over every time the wind changes direction as it does for the scum Tom Daly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TMB said:

I’d play both Aribo and Arfield in central midfield with one holding player behind them.  

I appreciate Davis and Jack have been playing well but we look far too defensive when both play at the same time.  Away to Young Boys I think we had Davis, Jack, and Kamara so no central attacking threat at all.  Everything comes from out wide.

Aribo and Arfield can make runs in to the opposition box from central areas and maybe get us a few goals.  I still think this team need a dedicated number 10 to play behind the striker.  We just don’t have that type of player right now.

I’d like to know when Davis became a defensive midfielder, another Gerrard is playing in the wrong position ? He was all about finding space between the lines , clever through balls , creative , a goal threat first time round 

BILLYBOY50 and Blue Avenger like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’d like to know when Davis became a defensive midfielder, another Gerrard is playing in the wrong position ? He was all about finding space between the lines , clever through balls , creative , a goal threat first time round 

100%

Square pegs in round holes and pals act springs to mind and it's giving me the fear for this title.

Cedrick likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How does he measure up Stats wise against, Christie from that mob considering they play same position for each team?

No they don't. Forrest plays RW, Christie is AM/SS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s looked exhausted for about 18 months.

If we are going to persevere with a lone striker and one just off him, it can no longer be Arfield.

Play Aribo there (he’s doing fuck all else) or Stewart or Murphy or anyone, just not Arfield.

Oh, and get Ojo tae fuck as well.

Redwhiteandblue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis is our defensive midfield player, Jack is somewhere in between and either Aribo, Kamara ( the position  he plays for Finland ) or Arfield are our attacking midfield options.  To say Arfield is exhausted is ludicrous,  Gerrard ( imo ) is using him in the wrong role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all that Gerrard was an out and out attacking and exciting midfielder. I think he is a very cautious manager this team is in a different league when he plays the players in their right positions and he takes the shackles off. But too many times he is far too cautious in his approach playing players off form or out of position and it is going to cost us especially away from home. 

Redwhiteandblue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...