Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
To Be A Ranger

We go again

Recommended Posts


The players haven't got the bottle for it.      Neither has the manager.   They're just happy to be competing in the group stage.  Its a useful distraction from SPFL and Scottish Cup shit, and it keeps King and the Board happy with some extra European game revenues.      Its just a 'who gives a fuck' sideshow for them.   They're not that concerned about qualifying out of the group stage. 

For if they were, they'd have been busting far more of a gut tonight to get a vital away win......a very doable vital away win.  But they didn't.  To a man - including the manager - they could not be fucked.  It was there for all to see.    Why include the manager?  Because he was utterly ineffective in inspiring them to get any sort of very effective/ threatening start to the game or improvement via his half time team talk.     They all just accepted it as a nice midweek foreign jolly and a chance to do some Swiss sightseeing and enjoy some nice Swiss hospitality.        A nice wee trip away for a few days.   But fuck doing anything meaningful in the football game.  And just as bad, fuck being seen to be even trying very hard to do anything meaningful in the football game.  

They are just going through EL motions having settled on a line of excuse that lasers in on the sole point that the other teams are all recent CL experienced teams and we are not so high expectations of progressing are dashed on the rocks of recent past reputations earned by these teams.     I see Wolves cared not a fuck about Besiktas recent European experiences which far outweigh that of Wolves.   A nice away win for Wolves.     But Rangers...……...oh no, just shelter behind the 'they are all more European experienced than Rangers.'

Success for Gerrard, and success for the team in EL this season has already been achieved.   We are just playing out games to get some money.   If that was not the case then the game tonight - and the team attitude toward it - and the team performance - would have been very different.   So would the performance of the manager.    I bet he looks enviously at the resources Lampard has at his disposal and the ability to approach European games with a confidence enough to think seriously that away games can be won.    

The ambition at Ibrox looks to be there in name only.   The way this can be disproved is so see a very dramatic improvement in performance which produces wins.      Will that happen or will it be more of the same disappointment?    The latter is more likely based on an utterly abject performance in Switzerland for which there are no acceptable excuses.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

YB were there for the taking, very poor in the first half - by far the easiest away tie we will face. That's what niggles at me tonight.

Exactly this. Just watched it “as live” on RTV there and I’m fucking scunnered. Absolutely gifted the 3 points with another Jekyll and Hyde performance. Win all 3 home games might be enough to get through but I think we’ll need something from at least one of the away games and tonight was probably the best chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We couldn’t win or even hold out for a draw against a shite Young Boys team. 
Porto away will be much of the same - individual mistakes and probably Ojo starting and playing the full 90. 

Add Jacks potential lay off and we’re struggling to qualify.

Last night was a huge chance blown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swagger said:

We couldn’t win or even hold out for a draw against a shite Young Boys team. 
Porto away will be much of the same - individual mistakes and probably Ojo starting and playing the full 90. 

Add Jacks potential lay off and we’re struggling to qualify.

Last night was a huge chance blown 

Fucking jagger more like 

Steelydan1690 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Generally 12 points to gaurentee qualification, we blew it tonight. It's going to be a tough ask to gain those points now, I'll be happy if we keep in the running till the last round of games (as it was last season) - then it is essentially a cup tie in that game.

11 points actually, but 9 or 10 would see us through from what is going to be a tight group, and I think 8 points with a better head to head could determine it too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed bur looking at that table every team is back where they started basically. 
 

Wake up call yesterday.  Not just for one or two players but everyone.  Just hope Jack’s injury isn’t bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night, for me, was our best chance to get a grip of the group and give us a clear opportunity to qualify, that chance is fucked now. Call me negative, pessimistic, whatever you want but they were the best opportunity at 3 points on the road in this group. Nobody would be surprised if we lost our next 3 games in the group making the reverse game against Young Boys at home pointless. 

Supersonic and shotstopper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Last night, for me, was our best chance to get a grip of the group and give us a clear opportunity to qualify, that chance is fucked now. Call me negative, pessimistic, whatever you want but they were the best opportunity at 3 points on the road in this group. Nobody would be surprised if we lost our next 3 games in the group making the reverse game against Young Boys at home pointless. 

I would. Everyone in the group has won and lost. We beat the team that beat the top seeds. The group couldn’t be more evenly matched and wide open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

The players haven't got the bottle for it.      Neither has the manager.   They're just happy to be competing in the group stage.  Its a useful distraction from SPFL and Scottish Cup shit, and it keeps King and the Board happy with some extra European game revenues.      Its just a 'who gives a fuck' sideshow for them.   They're not that concerned about qualifying out of the group stage. 

For if they were, they'd have been busting far more of a gut tonight to get a vital away win......a very doable vital away win.  But they didn't.  To a man - including the manager - they could not be fucked.  It was there for all to see.    Why include the manager?  Because he was utterly ineffective in inspiring them to get any sort of very effective/ threatening start to the game or improvement via his half time team talk.     They all just accepted it as a nice midweek foreign jolly and a chance to do some Swiss sightseeing and enjoy some nice Swiss hospitality.        A nice wee trip away for a few days.   But fuck doing anything meaningful in the football game.  And just as bad, fuck being seen to be even trying very hard to do anything meaningful in the football game.  

They are just going through EL motions having settled on a line of excuse that lasers in on the sole point that the other teams are all recent CL experienced teams and we are not so high expectations of progressing are dashed on the rocks of recent past reputations earned by these teams.     I see Wolves cared not a fuck about Besiktas recent European experiences which far outweigh that of Wolves.   A nice away win for Wolves.     But Rangers...……...oh no, just shelter behind the 'they are all more European experienced than Rangers.'

Success for Gerrard, and success for the team in EL this season has already been achieved.   We are just playing out games to get some money.   If that was not the case then the game tonight - and the team attitude toward it - and the team performance - would have been very different.   So would the performance of the manager.    I bet he looks enviously at the resources Lampard has at his disposal and the ability to approach European games with a confidence enough to think seriously that away games can be won.    

The ambition at Ibrox looks to be there in name only.   The way this can be disproved is so see a very dramatic improvement in performance which produces wins.      Will that happen or will it be more of the same disappointment?    The latter is more likely based on an utterly abject performance in Switzerland for which there are no acceptable excuses.   

Sack the players. Sack the manager. Sack the board.

Start again in the 3rd division. Only solution if we don't win the Europa League.

VallancesDog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

The players haven't got the bottle for it.      Neither has the manager.   They're just happy to be competing in the group stage.  Its a useful distraction from SPFL and Scottish Cup shit, and it keeps King and the Board happy with some extra European game revenues.      Its just a 'who gives a fuck' sideshow for them.   They're not that concerned about qualifying out of the group stage. 

For if they were, they'd have been busting far more of a gut tonight to get a vital away win......a very doable vital away win.  But they didn't.  To a man - including the manager - they could not be fucked.  It was there for all to see.    Why include the manager?  Because he was utterly ineffective in inspiring them to get any sort of very effective/ threatening start to the game or improvement via his half time team talk.     They all just accepted it as a nice midweek foreign jolly and a chance to do some Swiss sightseeing and enjoy some nice Swiss hospitality.        A nice wee trip away for a few days.   But fuck doing anything meaningful in the football game.  And just as bad, fuck being seen to be even trying very hard to do anything meaningful in the football game.  

They are just going through EL motions having settled on a line of excuse that lasers in on the sole point that the other teams are all recent CL experienced teams and we are not so high expectations of progressing are dashed on the rocks of recent past reputations earned by these teams.     I see Wolves cared not a fuck about Besiktas recent European experiences which far outweigh that of Wolves.   A nice away win for Wolves.     But Rangers...……...oh no, just shelter behind the 'they are all more European experienced than Rangers.'

Success for Gerrard, and success for the team in EL this season has already been achieved.   We are just playing out games to get some money.   If that was not the case then the game tonight - and the team attitude toward it - and the team performance - would have been very different.   So would the performance of the manager.    I bet he looks enviously at the resources Lampard has at his disposal and the ability to approach European games with a confidence enough to think seriously that away games can be won.    

The ambition at Ibrox looks to be there in name only.   The way this can be disproved is so see a very dramatic improvement in performance which produces wins.      Will that happen or will it be more of the same disappointment?    The latter is more likely based on an utterly abject performance in Switzerland for which there are no acceptable excuses.   

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

What a thorough lot of tosh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really disappointed obviously. We should have taken at least a point.

As Gerrard said big moments cost us.

We should have had a pen. They could have had a man sent off. The keeper has made a world class save from Morelos. Jack has gone off injured and then we've made 3 terrible mistakes. 2 cost 2 goals and 1 they missed a sitter.

It wasn't a great game and again we weren't outplayed. We look decent at this level and I have no doubts we will beat them at Ibrox. Need to pick something up on our travels though.

Really disappointing but still lots to play for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...