****The Official Rangers v Hamilton Match Thread****

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because morelos is better, its a must win game, he's the top scorer and our best player

He may be carrying an injury , we don’t know. But we added to the squad this year so we can put out a strong team in every game.

11 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

It’s about the easiest league game we’ll play all season, he played 90 minutes on Thursday, he’s still available as sub and Defoe is quality. I think “fucking ridiculous” is a bit OTT

We’re going into an international break when he will probably play about 90 mins in 2 weeks. It’s not like playing today will wear him out. Thinking this is the easiest game we will play all season is completely the wrong approach and an attitude that causes dropped points.

I think we will win but I don’t like to see changes for the sake of it

It may be that I'm just too tired or too pleased with the result at Livi today, but was it the case that Katic did not play against the Swiss in the midweek game?     I could have sworn it was Goldson and Helander in central defence.   If I'm right then what the fuck those who write up the Rangers website are playing at is anyone's guess.   I quote from the team announcement on the website:

.........From the side which faced BSC Young Boys in the Europa League on Thursday night, out go Nikola Katic, Ryan Jack and Alfredo Morelos, ………..

Shoddy sports reporting yet again (if I'm right that is …..and I think I am)

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because morelos is better, its a must win game, he's the top scorer and our best player

My thinking exactly. Defoe could be brought on second half after Morelos has ran them ragged for 60 mins. That seems to have worked pretty well  this season

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

We’re going into an international break when he will probably play about 90 mins in 2 weeks. It’s not like playing today will wear him out. Thinking this is the easiest game we will play all season is completely the wrong approach and an attitude that causes dropped points.

I think we will win but I don’t like to see changes for the sake of it

My attitude won’t affect the result, and I doubt the players and staff are thinking along the same lines.

Anyway, Defoe will get a hat trick mate 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

People moaning about using our squad and rotating the players, then start greeting when we actually do it.

RM at it's best.

Or possibly folk who have extracted their head from their arse and questioning the individual being rotated and the rationale behind it.

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

It may be that I'm just too tired or too pleased with the result at Livi today, but was it the case that Katic did not play against the Swiss in the midweek game?     I could have sworn it was Goldson and Helander in central defence.   If I'm right then what the fuck those who write up the Rangers website are playing at is anyone's guess.   I quote from the team announcement on the website:

.........From the side which faced BSC Young Boys in the Europa League on Thursday night, out go Nikola Katic, Ryan Jack and Alfredo Morelos, ………..

Shoddy sports reporting yet again (if I'm right that is …..and I think I am)

You are right. Journalism in Scotland is woeful.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

My attitude won’t affect the result, and I doubt the players and staff are thinking along the same lines.

Anyway, Defoe will get a hat trick mate 👍🏻

Your attitude might not but if SG has picked the team because he thinks the same it could. Let’s hope you’re right about Defoe 

Archived