30 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I've no idea what his stats are like for the tarriers. I only pay attention to them them when they play us.

If you read the rest of my posts in the thread you'll see I'm not writing him off just yet :lol:

Sorry mate I mixed up your replies with someone else who was being negative as fuck about the appointment ūüėā

No one literally has a clue how well or bad he will do as it’s complete different budget to what he’s used to. 

Will be getting blamed for Hummel chevrons pointing the wrong way to allowing Pedro money for Pena and Herrera soon enough anyways.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Believe Ross Wilson, currently at Southampton, will be announced as our new DoF soon

Can he play right wing?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I wonder if he will look to bring John Park in as a scout. He’s said before that they are quite close and I don’t think he ever rejoined the filth this summer despite there being talk that he would.

It would be a good first move to be fair from Wilson. 

Park knows the league and found those wankers some gems. 

5 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Just wait until King gets Wilson to the very final stage, where he's basically moved up the road, for King to pull the plug on it as revenge for turning us down last time 

Well that'd be amusing.   And possibly the right decision too.  

Seems to me the Club would be doing the equivalent of hiring a trainspotter to put in charge of the railway.    Things will go fine for a bit as the legacy of Allen lingers on, then Wilson will want to impose his style and make changes and all that managerial / organisational guff, which will upset some at Ibrox who will leave for barely coded reasons of needing new challenges and all that guff, then stuff comes off the tracks and their is the crunching of metal on metal.   

Maybe he's also excuse fodder as part of King's eventual exit strategy  (and exit of other Directors) before 150th anniversary if the league title is not won by then or with a damned good prospect of it being  likely to be won during that season.   They'd need somebody to blame.    And its not, imo, likely to be Gerrard who (I think) would be smart enough to sense the writing on the wall if a league title is not won soon.    I'd presume he'd want to find a way out to protect his reputation for future football management appointments and leave the problem (and blame) firmly in the DOF's paws.

I wonder just how many people of influence at Ibrox really think that this calibre of appointment is somehow going to  source the additional quality of player needed to lift a league title.  More likely imo he'll be the lightning rod that King and the Directors will use if good enough quality players do not appear who can make the difference between just making progress and competing to actually winning a league title.       It looks to me like a trainspotter appointment,      An appointment hedging against football success by aiming low. 

Is he really pound for pound of an equivalent or better calibre than his predecessor at Rangers?   I don't think so. 

16 hours ago, Bears r us said:

If we are going to continue with a D of F then hopefully this guy will do OK for us, he seemed the front runner before MA. Optimistic loyal.

51 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Well that'd be amusing.   And possibly the right decision too.  

Seems to me the Club would be doing the equivalent of hiring a trainspotter to put in charge of the railway.    Things will go fine for a bit as the legacy of Allen lingers on, then Wilson will want to impose his style and make changes and all that managerial / organisational guff, which will upset some at Ibrox who will leave for barely coded reasons of needing new challenges and all that guff, then stuff comes off the tracks and their is the crunching of metal on metal.   

Maybe he's also excuse fodder as part of King's eventual exit strategy  (and exit of other Directors) before 150th anniversary if the league title is not won by then or with a damned good prospect of it being  likely to be won during that season.   They'd need somebody to blame.    And its not, imo, likely to be Gerrard who (I think) would be smart enough to sense the writing on the wall if a league title is not won soon.    I'd presume he'd want to find a way out to protect his reputation for future football management appointments and leave the problem (and blame) firmly in the DOF's paws.

I wonder just how many people of influence at Ibrox really think that this calibre of appointment is somehow going to  source the additional quality of player needed to lift a league title.  More likely imo he'll be the lightning rod that King and the Directors will use if good enough quality players do not appear who can make the difference between just making progress and competing to actually winning a league title.       It looks to me like a trainspotter appointment,      An appointment hedging against football success by aiming low. 

Is he really pound for pound of an equivalent or better calibre than his predecessor at Rangers?   I don't think so. 

After reading your post RB, I think I may have been too optimistic. Especially after reading the post from Esky which you replied to. ūü§Ē