Ross Wilson

eskbankloyal

He’s a bear according to Hughes which is good to hear. Hearing the way he got his start at Falkirk and worked his way up is quite impressive and gives me some confidence for this. I’m quite excited to see what changes he’ll make to where we scout and the youth infrastructure at the club. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

He’s a bear according to Hughes which is good to hear. Hearing the way he got his start at Falkirk and worked his way up is quite impressive and gives me some confidence for this. I’m quite excited to see what changes he’ll make to where we scout and the youth infrastructure at the club. 

He helped develop a good amount of players with Falkirk.

Arfield, Jay Fulton, Stephen Kingsley, Tim Krul and Kasper Schmeichel (the last two were loans but still).

That’s just off the top of my head.

Impressive for such a small club.

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

He helped develop a good amount of players with Falkirk.

Arfield, Jay Fulton, Stephen Kingsley, Tim Krul and Kasper Schmeichel (the last two were loans but still).

That’s just off the top of my head.

Impressive for such a small club.

Anthony Stokes?

I appreciate the role of DoF is more than signings and offloading players but to us fans it is the key to their perceived success.

So, had a wee look at the transfer activity of Southampton under Wilson’s tenure and it suggests he was significantly more profitable in his dealings  than his predecessor (can’t remember his name).

19/20: 38m spent 22m sold = 16m loss 

18/19: 55m spent 21m sold = 32m loss

17/18: 53m spent 88m sold = 35m profit

16/17: 52m  spent 76m sold  = 24m profit (62m made  on Van Dyke sale alone)

15/16 45m.spent 47m sold = 2m profit

Total profit = 13m over a 5 pre seasons 

Not sure if he was responsible for signing Van Dyke however. If not then transfer dealings under his tenure have resulted in a £49m loss over his 4.5 years. 

The five seasons prior to Wilson becoming DoF Southampton’s led to to transfer dealings resulting in a 29m loss which I found hard to believe given the myth that they continually churn out players and make a healthy return year on year.

The 10/11-14/15 dealings for those resulted in the following:

14/15 26m profit

13/14 24m loss

12/13 37m loss

11/12 5 8m profit

10/11 2 2m loss

• 4 weeks later...

Archived