Gerrard on dropping players / fuck you Brian

graeme_4

He dismissed fans’ claims he is unwilling to drop Tavernier or stopper Connor Goldson.

Gerrard said: “No one is undroppable.

“I don’t think you drop those two players because of individual errors though. You have to remember how much they improve the team, and what they have done to this point.

“If the mistakes were happening on a regular basis over three or four games, and the performance level dropped over two or three games, then maybe I can understand the question.

“But I don’t think every time someone makes an individual error, or has one game that is well below par, that straight away I drop him.

“That might have a bigger affect on the team in the bigger picture.

“Connor Goldson doesn’t get injured, he doesn’t get suspended, and his performance levels in the main have been pretty consistent.

“He’s quick, he’s strong, he’s good in the air and he’s a leader.”

Social media and fans’ forums went into meltdown after the Europa League defeat to Young Boys in Berne, with just about every player seemingly being blamed for the 2-1 loss.

Skipper Tavernier was singled out for his part in Young Boys’ injury-time winner, with the Gers defence also under scrutiny for the equaliser.

He added: “I understand the questions about people being undroppable, but I don’t delve into social media.

So I don’t listen to what ‘Brian from East Kilbride’ is saying about someone being undroppable. I don’t take any notice of them.

“I’m in this job because I’m pretty thick-skinned and really driven.

“I get paid to make some big decisions, and decisions that are right for this football club.

“I won’t get them all right, and unfortunately I won’t be able to satisfy the thousands and millions around the world who support Rangers.

“That’s unfortunate but I try to do my best for this club

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did Brian piss in his coffee or something. 

what he should’ve been asked was do you really believe a player can play 60+ games a season without it having a adverse effect on his performance, and if you do then why have such a big squad. 

Now that would be a proper way of asking the question, rather than the negative, look for a negative headline about Rangers way the Scottish media ask the question. 

Shame on you sir, never make it as a journalist here

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Will start this shout today if Tav is having a howler.

I'll look like a right daft cunt if nobody else knows what Im on about though 😀😀😀🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧, so hope Tav has a good game!

Why embarrass yourself by letting people think your from East Kilbride though?

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

He dismissed fans’ claims he is unwilling to drop Tavernier or stopper Connor Goldson.

Gerrard said: “No one is undroppable.

“I don’t think you drop those two players because of individual errors though. You have to remember how much they improve the team, and what they have done to this point.

“If the mistakes were happening on a regular basis over three or four games, and the performance level dropped over two or three games, then maybe I can understand the question.

“But I don’t think every time someone makes an individual error, or has one game that is well below par, that straight away I drop him.

“That might have a bigger affect on the team in the bigger picture.

“Connor Goldson doesn’t get injured, he doesn’t get suspended, and his performance levels in the main have been pretty consistent.

“He’s quick, he’s strong, he’s good in the air and he’s a leader.”

Social media and fans’ forums went into meltdown after the Europa League defeat to Young Boys in Berne, with just about every player seemingly being blamed for the 2-1 loss.

Skipper Tavernier was singled out for his part in Young Boys’ injury-time winner, with the Gers defence also under scrutiny for the equaliser.

He added: “I understand the questions about people being undroppable, but I don’t delve into social media.

So I don’t listen to what ‘Brian from East Kilbride’ is saying about someone being undroppable. I don’t take any notice of them.

“I’m in this job because I’m pretty thick-skinned and really driven.

“I get paid to make some big decisions, and decisions that are right for this football club.

“I won’t get them all right, and unfortunately I won’t be able to satisfy the thousands and millions around the world who support Rangers.

“That’s unfortunate but I try to do my best for this club

Replace ‘Brian’ with @GOAT and that is the perfect answer! 

So it's OK to rotate our defence as and when but we need to wait until someone makes a mistake in 3 or 4 games before they get dropped? 

Doesn't explain the Katic situation who has been, for me, our best CB this season

39 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Replace ‘Brian’ with @GOAT and that is the perfect answer! 

Did I not tell you to stop quoting me or referencing me?  Fuck off ya nationalist prick I’m not interested in what you have to say.  

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Poor Brian he has had to take it in the neck there. :lol:

I think Brian should be the new DOF.   Then he really could put Gerrard right on a few more  things.

A campaign of 'Brian for DOF' should be started.   He's got to be more 'at it' in term of all things important to Rangers than the current candidate the club seems to be fishing for. 

Archived