Defoe

Smile

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Plus Stewart really proving himself with Kent and Jones to come back. And Murphy looking decent too. Just need to get Ojo to fuck, the only thing about our team I don’t like

If Barisic has taught us anything, it’s that players sometimes take a while to settle in 

Ojo is a loanee so he might not be here long enough to find the form we need but wouldn’t write him off completely. 

pure class, you know how simple he made the 1st goal look...well i love alfredo to fuck but he would have just hit and hoped and the goalie would have spread himself well enough and deflected it away and nothing would have been said... jermaine on the other hand , cheeky little dink, bosh , one nil. love them kind of strikers, the kind that you know they know the right finish for every situation.

Bournemouth...bloody idiots fancy not playing him!!You just know he loves scoring...being loved by the fans and helping the team. He's just so reliable when it counts.

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

A goal every 39 minutes in the league some stats.

Thats insane! Would love another year from him and I vould see him being a fantastic coach under SG too, who else would be better to show strikers how its done and the professionalism required for elite football.

Uncle JD is clearly a huge influence in the dressing room , remember watching video of him when he wasn't getting a game for Sunderland doing extra coaching sessions with the 2 young strikers keeping him out, his influence on Alfie is clear, great to see when each scores they both run straight for each other to celebrate, cant believe we have two strikers of such quality.

Hes still in terrific shape, the consummate professional wouldn't imagine its gonna be hard to persuade him to sign for at least another year looks to have at least another 2  in the tank at this level, superb signing from the gaffer.

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Tam Miller mentions contract talks coming up.

Did he? I missed that. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t fancy seeing out his playing days (and maybe beyond) here. Whether it can be done is a different matter. 

Even aside from his playing ability, you just know he’s a guy you want around the place. SG deserves huge credit for the change in Morelos, but I reckon Defoe deserves some of that too

4 minutes ago, badjon said:

By all accounts he is the model pro. He is in some shape despite his age. Looks like he has fully immersed himself in Rangers. May be 36 but class is permanent.

Just looked up his injury history - pretty impressive for a career as long as his. And 1 injury in the last 6 years. I reckon we could get 3 more years out of him.

EFB9CFD0-C19C-4BC6-9984-41624A609CDC.jpeg

Archived