Defoe

Smile

45 minutes ago, Smile said:

A goal every 39 minutes in the league some stats.

Edouard averages a goal every 109mins and scores goals against the Albanian U21s.  Apparently he’s a world beater.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

Morelos will likely be gone in the summer, if not January, so it's vital we have Defoe for at least another season 

Anybody thinking of letting Morelos go in January should be taken out and shot :lol: , particularly after going top today . 

1 minute ago, gazza27 said:

A fucking hope to fuck it's this season,the wee man is superb 

He is absolute quality. His finish against aberdeen last week was genius and his three goals today were all things of beauty. 

57 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Gerard's man management of him and Morelos is spot on as well.

Even though they are both fighting it out for that main striker spot, they both seem to really get on.

Defoe was desperate to try and set up Morelos, and Morelos was doing the same in return.

I'm actually going to put it more on Defoe's maturity. He knows he's at the end of his career (or else he wouldn't have joined us) he knows he's the back up, he knows his role is to provide support on and off the field for Alfie to make him better.  Defoe used to be a bit of a knob in his younger years so probably sees a lot of that in Alfie and is trying to steer him in the right direction so not to fuck up his career.  I think that Morelos's attitude has changed from his influence.  He is a team player pure and simple.  He'll make a terrific coach one day no doubt. 

He probably won't be because we will want to protect and develop Morelos' value, and maybe I'm looking too much into the stats but Defoe's goal return from mostly sub appearances as well is making me wonder if he should maybe be starting more matches. His goal scoring record has been phenomenal for us

13 minutes ago, Broxi said:

He probably won't be because we will want to protect and develop Morelos' value, and maybe I'm looking too much into the stats but Defoe's goal return from mostly sub appearances as well is making me wonder if he should maybe be starting more matches. His goal scoring record has been phenomenal for us

He'll start plenty, hopefully beyond this season too.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Anybody thinking of letting Morelos go in January should be taken out and shot :lol: , particularly after going top today . 

Neither Alfie or the board will be wanting a move if we're amongst it come Jan!

He can go for 20m+ with a title in hand.

11 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Neither Alfie or the board will be wanting a move if we're amongst it come Jan!

He can go for 20m+ with a title in hand.

I agree with you , it was more tongue in cheek . 

Given the significance of this title , I doubt the board would sanction any move in January , even if a ' stupid money ' bid came in . 

At least , I hope so . 

Absolutely love the wee man. Pure and utter quality. That chip for his first  was disgusting and he should be done for it. 

Jermain Defoe leading the line for Steven Gerrard's Rangers with ex-hero Paul Gascoigne as the half time guest. That is ridiculous. It's hard to remember at times but we have been very, very lucky to see some of the talent representing us. I'll very much enjoy the next 2 weeks. 

Archived