Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Defoe

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sign him for a coaching role and tell him he can be a player as well until he wants to retire, there isnt a better professional you'd want to be training your young strikers at this moment

Soon as he stops doing what he's doing (training, playing, relaxing, recovery etc) that clearly works for him, he'll stop being the player he is. More so as he ages further.

He may well turn out to be a great coach, and I love the guy and would be delighted for it one day to be here, but I'm far happier with him a  player who helps others than a coach who plays. For this full season at least.

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sign him for a coaching role and tell him he can be a player as well until he wants to retire, there isnt a better professional you'd want to be training your young strikers at this moment

To be fair hell most likely be a coach down south and working with sky sports when he retires. Such is his fame for jist about everything he does.

I only hope he stays at least one more year , stopping 10 in a row with gerrard.

When they hit the sky panels all they will talk of is Rangers.

If he left this summer I would be gutted but watching defoe hit hattricks for my team makes me feel chuffed. And grateful to see such a player here.

I was young in the 90s I didnt grasp how good we were till advocaats era when I really paid attention.

14 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

To be fair hell most likely be a coach down south and working with sky sports when he retires. Such is his fame for jist about everything he does.

I only hope he stays at least one more year , stopping 10 in a row with gerrard.

When they hit the sky panels all they will talk of is Rangers.

If he left this summer I would be gutted but watching defoe hit hattricks for my team makes me feel chuffed. And grateful to see such a player here.

I was young in the 90s I didnt grasp how good we were till advocaats era when I really paid attention.

He’ll be stopping nine 

Blue Rino and jintybear like this

Right now he is the face of the club.
He was there to give the wee girl who was frightened at Livingston a cuddle,and gave her a strip.
He was there to give Dougie the guy suffering from prostate cancer a handshake,while he was on his tour.
He is scoring hat tricks and celebrating them with Alfie, his team mate rival for the No9.
We all know his part in the small kid from Sunderland,who was dying of an incurable disease.
He is quite a remarkable young man.
I hope his career ends with us and he has a few medals as memories.

born a blue nose likes this

6 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Just saw his interview on SSN and it's 1.50 am.
Would imagine it will be on a repeat. 

Cheers mate will keep an eye out 

Its been too long since we could say that there is a mutal respect when it comes to our players, players who understand what is required to play for Rangers and importantly able to deliver it and the fans support and appreciation. We have gone from none of these players to more than a few in only a couple of years and Defo is right up there. Just need to seal it by winning a cup.

If we can agree something that suits both in a financial sense, it makes complete sense to sign him up for another year or two.