The League Cup is now vital

Jakes Pal

A much maligned competition in recent years, but one that has been good to us over the years. It is important to build upon our recent good form and end the run of unbroken success for the Filth. We must go all out to win this competition now, not only for our own satisfaction but to truly send a message to the Filth that their fantasy of total domination of Scottish football is just that, a fantasy. I write this in anticipation of an Us v Them final, however I am not dismissing the challenge of Hearts, nor the possibility that Hibs may have ideas of beating their Big Cousins in the semi final.

5 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

A much maligned competition in recent years, but one that has been good to us over the years. It is important to build upon our recent good form and end the run of unbroken success for the Filth. We must go all out to win this competition now, not only for our own satisfaction but to truly send a message to the Filth that their fantasy of total domination of Scottish football is just that, a fantasy. I write this in anticipation of an Us v Them final, however I am not dismissing the challenge of Hearts, nor the possibility that Hibs may have ideas of beating their Big Cousins in the semi final.

Yes, but it will be down to who wants it more and the gaffers tactics. There is absolutely no reason why we can't win this.

Just now, jamess said:

Only the League is.

League is the top priority but getting that first piece of silverware will be huge step towards it.Β 

It's been used before the league cup to springboard us to the title. That first trophy creates a winning mentality and hunger for even more success.Β 

Β 

7 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Understand your POV, however winning the LC provides a morale boost, fucks THEM up and provides motivation for our players to go out and earn even greater success.

I'd trade never winning the league cup ever for the League this year.

Anyone that says that the league cup doesn't matter is strange.....they cunts have rammed a treble treble down our throats.....I have been fortunate enough to have been born to witness 5/7 trebles....I hope to fuck I'm here to witness another 5

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I genuinely couldn’t give a fuck about the cups. League would be the best gift ever.

Totally agree that the League is number one priority, but winning the LC along the way provides us with a taste for success, ends their domination and provides a springboard to further success. I say it again, the League Cup is now vital, we should treat it so.

The League Cup is important. Not only does it gives this group of players a taste of silverware which is important in going for the league but it also stops them from winning 10 trophies in a row. If they do that it doesn't stop us winning the league but leaves them believing they're still on top and have us feeling like same old shit!

17 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Finally how one day has utterly flipped the mood on here from Thursday... 🀣

We were best price 2/1 (hills)to win the title this morning. We are now best price 11/8 (bet fred)its only October and a lot of football still to be played but the pendulum Could be about to swing in our direction.Β Β 

Archived