I dread the day he goes

scottyc06

The boy is fucking brilliant! On & off the park! 

At the game at Livi a couple of weeks back as well when he was trying to hide out of sight of their keeper, got seen & burst out laughing with a shurg of the shoulders 😂 was funny as fuck! 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

The boy is fucking brilliant! On & off the park! 

At the game at Livi a couple of weeks back as well when he was trying to hide out of sight of their keeper, got seen & burst out laughing with a shurg of the shoulders 😂 was funny as fuck! 

He's a brilliant wee cunt.

One thing I hope is we don’t turn on him the way the trhamps turned on dembele for leaving. I don’t expect us to because we’re a class above. 

But the guy deserves respect, he’s clearly an incredible talent has been a great servant in our moment of need, inevitable he has to move on to a higher level, he said when he joined the move was a stepping stone to the EPL and  the ambition has to be respected.

3 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

One thing I hope is we don’t turn on him the way the trhamps turned on dembele for leaving. I don’t expect us to because we’re a class above. 

But the guy deserves respect, he’s clearly an incredible talent has been a great servant in our moment of need, inevitable he has to move on to a higher level, he said when he joined the move was a stepping stone to the EPL and  the ambition has to be respected.

I think it will depend on the timing tbh. If we are still in this title race and a bid comes in January and he starts actively pushing for the move then I think it might m leave a bitter taste in some people mouths.

4 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

We have more dignity than the beasts from the east mate.

He delivers 55 and he can ride me like a donkey to the gates of his next club :lol:

5 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

I genuinely don't see that ever happening. He's fallen in love with the club and doesn't seem desperate to leave. I think he'd love to stay until he wins an honour or two. The club will at some point have to cash in if a big bid comes in. He'll know that. I don't think anyone on either side would be surprised with that happening. It'll hurt, but he's an assett. Everyone knows this. 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think it will depend on the timing tbh. If we are still in this title race and a bid comes in January and he starts actively pushing for the move then I think it might m leave a bitter taste in some people mouths.

Agreed, but I don’t see him wanting to force a move in January, I like to think he’s smart enough to realise where we are and what we are trying to achieve here. 

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We have more dignity than the beasts from the east mate.

He delivers 55 and he can ride me like a donkey to the gates of his next club :lol:

My point exactly bud I don’t see it happening.

A class above.

4 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I genuinely don't see that ever happening. He's fallen in love with the club and doesn't seem desperate to leave. I think he'd love to stay until he wins an honour or two. The club will at some point have to cash in if a big bid comes in. He'll know that. I don't think anyone on either side would be surprised with that happening. It'll hurt, but he's an assett. Everyone knows this. 

Agreed again, he knows where we are at and what we’re trying to achieve and what he means to us.

Positive Gerrard will have spoken sense in to him made him realise his true potential to move to a decent club who challenge domestically and in Europe reached than a mid table EPL club. 

6 minutes ago, heathen fish boy said:

He's really enjoying his time here,inevitably he will move on to a stronger league but not until end of season at least,every player in that squad knows if and when they deliver 55 they'll be legends 

Legends won't be enough, they'll have to create a new Hall Of Fame for this squad when they do it. Like the usual Hall Of Fame, but a wee bit above it.

4 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

Tramps wouldn't give you a lick of their shite once you've kicked your last ball for them, we on the other hand are a family with total respect for our ex players a given.

4 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

Agreed, but I don’t see him wanting to force a move in January, I like to think he’s smart enough to realise where we are and what we are trying to achieve here. 

Barring a megabucks offer from an EPL side, I don't see him wanting away in January.  I honestly think he hates all the other bastards in this league as much as we do right now, and really wants to win the league with us.  Just a gut feeling.

I'll be gutted when he goes.  We are going to make a shit ton of money from his sale though.

11 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I actually wonder if the fact he has fallen in love with the club has played a part in his turnaround.
Before it felt like he was playing for himself. Trying hard to be seen, getting frustrated at not being the star of the show. 

now he is playing for the team. Shows no frustration. Gets on with the game and he is twice the player he was. 
I don’t doubt he will still leave when the timing is right but he is not in the same hurry as he appeared to be before this season. 

Archived