Jamie Murphy’s ‘celebration’

beararse

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, beararse said:

Anyone else think his reaction was a bit strange when Defoe scores his third?

Murphy has a face like fizz, and his body language suggested ‘ah for fuck sake’

He actually looked like we had conceded a goal.

Maybe he was just pissed of the ball never landed at his feet but I thought it odd he looked so fucked off.

You badly need your hole. Or at least go have a wank or something. 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How did you come to that conclusion? 

He looked knackered  yesterday.  I get he needs to build up his fitness after missing over a year of football but once Jones and Kent are back Murphy will be nowhere near this team.  Like Gerrard said in the summer, a loan is probably best for everyone but I can’t see him being a regular for us ever again.  If he didn’t have two years left on his contract I think he would’ve been paid off along with Dorrans.

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

He looked knackered  yesterday.  I get he needs to build up his fitness after missing over a year of football but once Jones and Kent are back Murphy will be nowhere near this team.  Like Gerrard said in the summer, a loan is probably best for everyone but I can’t see him being a regular for us ever again.  If he didn’t have two years left on his contract I think he would’ve been paid off along with Dorrans.

He looked sharp when he came on imo. 

52 minutes ago, TMB said:

Murphy looks absolutely finished.  As soon as we can get rid of him he’ll be gone and I think he knows it.

I thought he looked good when he came on. Looked fit, and certainly keen as mustard to contribute. I know it wasn't very long but certainly didn't look "finished" to me. 

9 hours ago, GA1972 said:

I thought he was annoyed at himself for not getting to the rebound first 

Stewart never really celebrated either because he was pissed off he never scored 

I noticed that with Stewart also and they need to get rid of attitudes like this 

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I noticed that with Stewart also and they need to get rid of attitudes like this 

Exactly.

Fair enough if the other player fucks it up but not if they score.

Just thought it odd, hence the post.

Given the replies, most folk on here clearly aren’t that bothered by it.

5 hours ago, TMB said:

Both Murphy & Polster looked like regulars yesterday when they came on rather than players who have barely played first team football. Sure, you can say it was only Hamilton but both playersplayed well and took their chance when they got it.

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m OK with it tbh, while they should be celebrating any goal we score with their team mates I’d want Stewart to be annoyed that he never scored that 

Marco Negri never cracked a fucking smile when he scored never mind anycunt else and I’d happily have that if it ment another 30 goal striker on the books.

Fringe players trying to force themselves  into the 1st team are not going to be buzzing when an opportunity passes them by.

3 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He was only pissed because he didn't score after doing a lot of good work. Good attitude.

Out of everyone Stewart deserved a goal with all his hard work and effort but the end game is for the team to put the ball in the net and it’s a bad attitude if you can’t crack a smile because you missed and someone else scored.

All your own disappointment should evaporate the millisecond the ball hits the back of the net. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Out of everyone Stewart deserved a goal with all his hard work and effort but the end game is for the team to put the ball in the net and it’s a bad attitude if you can’t crack a smile because you missed and someone else scored.

All your own disappointment should evaporate the millisecond the ball hits the back of the net. 

He’s just back from over a year out and it was the 5th? goal, that the rebound could have fell for him, and Stewart could have passed to him, of course he’ll be slightly annoyed. Completely different story had it been an important goal

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This.

Murphy didn’t even get the chance to miss, the ball just happened to land for Defoe....thats the bit I didnt like, but as folk have said, maybe he was just desperate to get on the score sheet and mark his return. 

just needs to stay onside and not hit the post if he wants to score 🙂

6 hours ago, TMB said:

Now I understand your strange signing suggestions you clearly need glasses .

Why is it there is always the odd one with the opposite opinion to everyone else.

Murphy was going looking for the ball the moment he came on . How anyone thinks he looked finished is just baffling. 

Archived