We've just went top of the league despite

ScottBF2

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Watched the game again last night with different eyes.. I know it was only Hamilton, but we played some incredible football. We were very creative in the way we tried to break down an extremely defensive team. Stewart and Defoe were instrumental in this.  Some of the intricate short passing on the edge of the box between Kamara, Arfield, Stewart and defoe was sublime.   

Yep, so what went wrong with the old firm game? The young boys result was clear because of individual mistakes but at home against them we didn't turn up. Let's hope it was an aberration. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pcbear said:

I watched their 2nd half yesterday, I never had a clue who half the players were.

But we are still 3-5 years behind eh!

I saw it when i got to the stadium. That julien should be an easy target to wind up and get sent off next time we play then

Just now, dee9 said:

We have also gone top of the league despite losing the opening old firm of the season.

Its a huge statement.

Puts a different pressure on them for the remaining OF games knowing that this season we look less likely to drop points against the dross.

11 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Yep, so what went wrong with the old firm game? The young boys result was clear because of individual mistakes but at home against them we didn't turn up. Let's hope it was an aberration. 

Possibly too many changes. They parked the bus and we werent really set up to break them down. We were too cautious. I suspect Gerrard will have learned a lot from that. 

23 minutes ago, writingranger said:

The manager picked the wrong team and set them up wrong. That's what happened at the old firm game.

.                             Morelos/Defoe

Kent/Jones.                                        Stewart/Ojo

Kamara/Aribo.             Arfield/King

Davis/Jack 

not too shabby! Also got Polster who can fill in for Davis/Jack. 

Not bad at all. 

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Stating the obvious, but it is quite simple as far as I am concerned, keep Alfie & Defoe fit and clear of suspension for the season and we will win the league unless both suffer a catastrophic loss of form. 

Really think we'll struggle with this over a full season.  One bad challenge could put them out, theres enough hammer throwers here ready to be that guy. Morelos will pick up yellows and suspensions because he's Morelos, its pretty inevitable (4 so far though all in EL).

Hopefully others step up where required, or if its injury related timing is in our favour with the January window to bolster the strike force. I personally think it's a gamble only having the AM, JD and at a push Stewart. Even if it was a youth player doing well and regularly in and around the 1st team squad I'd be reassured we're not an injury/ suspension away from a crisis.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Really think we'll struggle with this over a full season.  One bad challenge could put them out, theres enough hammer throwers here ready to be that guy. Morelos will pick up yellows and suspensions because he's Morelos, its pretty inevitable (4 so far though all in EL).

Hopefully others step up where required, or if its injury related timing is in our favour with the January window to bolster the strike force. I personally think it's a gamble only having the AM, JD and at a push Stewart. Even if it was a youth player doing well and regularly in and around the 1st team squad I'd be reassured we're not an injury/ suspension away from a crisis.

One would like to think that we are due a wee bit of luck and we will not face a situation where both are unavailable at the same time. It is strange to say this with both our main strikers scoring for fun at the moment, but up front is the only part of the squad where you could say we are vulnerable. I have no worries about our defense, and we have a bunch of midfielders fighting like ferrets in a sack for a place in the team. I would imagine/hope that Gerrard and co may have some people in mind come the January window, the obvious candidate being Shankland, although I am loathe for our Club to give that mob any sort of money.

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

One would like to think that we are due a wee bit of luck and we will not face a situation where both are unavailable at the same time. It is strange to say this with both our main strikers scoring for fun at the moment, but up front is the only part of the squad where you could say we are vulnerable. I have no worries about our defense, and we have a bunch of midfielders fighting like ferrets in a sack for a place in the team. I would imagine/hope that Gerrard and co may have some people in mind come the January window, the obvious candidate being Shankland, although I am loathe for our Club to give that mob any sort of money.

Agree with much of that. Missed out on Shankkand now imo unless he's a favourable clause inserted. They'll be looking for a fortune now he's got international recognition and is still banging in goals.

On 07/10/2019 at 10:44, TEFTONG said:

I'm better than Ojo. 

Ojo has massive natural talent but he seems to stoat about without a plan and his teammates have no clue about his next move. Stevie needs to get him to calm down ,put his foot on the ball and hopefully he'll come good .

On 07/10/2019 at 10:10, johanhentze said:

Watched the game again last night with different eyes.. I know it was only Hamilton, but we played some incredible football. We were very creative in the way we tried to break down an extremely defensive team. Stewart and Defoe were instrumental in this.  Some of the intricate short passing on the edge of the box between Kamara, Arfield, Stewart and defoe was sublime.   

I’m actually beginning to think that we have been better without Aribo! I know that is grossly unfair to him, but after a very good start he has struggled to make the same impact in the recent games he played. Oftentimes he and Ojo would seem to go missing, and we can’t have that many passengers.  Stewart gives us some energy and attacking creativity which is what I thought Aribo would provide but Joe often played (or chooses to play) far too deep. He often slows the play and sends the ball back when a forward pass is just as easy.

Anyway, I hope he is recovering quickly and raring to go. I just pray his reintroduction doesn’t  alter our current winning dynamic.

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m actually beginning to think that we have been better without Aribo! I know that is grossly unfair to him, but after a very good start he has struggled to make the same impact in the recent games he played. Oftentimes he and Ojo would seem to go missing, and we can’t have that many passengers.  Stewart gives us some energy and attacking creativity which is what I thought Aribo would provide but Joe often played (or chooses to play) far too deep. He often slows the play and sends the ball back when a forward pass is just as easy.

Anyway, I hope he is recovering quickly and raring to go. I just pray his reintroduction doesn’t  alter our current winning dynamic.

I was thinkimg that myself.  Stewart definitely adds creativity. Has a great eye for that pass over the defenders. 

Archived