PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Day 1 purchase as per usual.

Better get saving for a 4K top end tv but:

Was saying to a work colleague earlier that Sony really should be working on a TV to compliment the PS5 at launch. Absolute no brainer really.

Nothing worse than hunting about for a TV and then a minute later a better one gets launched with better picture quality(unavoidable I know). Sony should develop one specifically for the PS5 in my opinion! I'd be all over that!

9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No point whatsoever in getting one as soon as it's out. 

Wait until there's at least a couple of decent games out first, launch titles are always rank rotten. 

Made that mistake with the PS4. Went and bought one just after Xmas that year and ended up with 3 or 4 games I soon realised were already out on PS3/Xbox360. Just got swept along with all the hype :lol:

Think the PS4 launched at £350. Probably gonna be about £500-550 for this I think.

I wasn't gonna get one straight away but since you can play your PS4 games on it I will just get one as soon as I can to replace my PS4.

Need to invest in a new TV as well. Finally get around to buying a 4K one. Probably buy that early next year. Fuck buying a new TV and a PS5 at the same time

• 6 months later...

Apparently only releasing a limited amount of consoles this year due to the current pandemic. This might be the first one I wont get at release as I'll have a 4 year old and 6 month old by that point and the missus will be on reduced maternity pay so between cost and time I'll struggle to justify it I think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2019 at 23:47, BridgeIsBlue said:

No point whatsoever in getting one as soon as it's out. 

Wait until there's at least a couple of decent games out first, launch titles are always rank rotten. 

launch machines usually dodgy as fuck as well.  best to wait at least 6 months for newer models.

On 11/10/2019 at 08:01, BillyG91 said:

Think the PS4 launched at £350. Probably gonna be about £500-550 for this I think.

I wasn't gonna get one straight away but since you can play your PS4 games on it I will just get one as soon as I can to replace my PS4.

Need to invest in a new TV as well. Finally get around to buying a 4K one. Probably buy that early next year. Fuck buying a new TV and a PS5 at the same time

that's the problem - no point getting a ps5 without a 4K tv

18 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Can get a good spec 4k 75 inch these days for around 700. 

Probably best waiting for the sales and get them even cheaper. 

I was looking at the samsung 75 inch 4k tv for £800 dont think you'll beat that deal.