PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.

The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).

The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games. 

Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles. 

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

And that’s it! We’ll continue to provide updates on PlayStation 5 down the road, so make sure to check back soon.

Decent that they're giving existing vr users a free upgrade. 

34 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Anyone actually considering buying one without a Blueray drive?

Fucked if the theiving bastards are going to stop me from getting games from CeX once the dafties have traded them in.

Doesn't really bother me since i'm also a PC gamer, so I've been digital for years now. For me it will come down to price difference between the 2 units.

It's not for everyone, but there's lots of people who are happy being digital only.

9 minutes ago, Bossorange said:

Say you get the version with the disk tray, take it that’s the only version that will be backwards compatible with PS4 games? 

Nah they'll both be backwards compatible. The one with the disc drive will be able to play disc and digital PS4 games where as the other one will obviously be limited to digital PS4 games. 

Though that's only if the devs bother to make the game backwards compatible... as only a 100 or so will be at launch.

20 hours ago, Iakona said:

Nah they'll both be backwards compatible. The one with the disc drive will be able to play disc and digital PS4 games where as the other one will obviously be limited to digital PS4 games. 

Though that's only if the devs bother to make the game backwards compatible... as only a 100 or so will be at launch.

Hmmm interesting. Buzzing for this. Cleaned the PS4 out as the fan was so loud but it’s started to get so loud again. Cany hear fuck all with the headset Cos of it. Think it’s time for an upgrade. 

I'm thinking about selling my PS4, struggled to get into it tbh. I bought all the VR stuff thinking it would be great but it's not that amazing and it makes me want to puke after 10min.

Don't think I'll bother with 5, I'll just stick to PC games from now on. I think I prefer PC type games anyway, well, more choice in the genres I like. 

My Ps4 was getting loud and disk wasn't ejecting right. Got a pro and 4k TV and I'll stick with that for the foreseeable. A few games upcoming  like assassin's creed and watch dogs 3 and I've got God of war and horizon to replay with the upscale graphics. 

Downloaded batman, wirchwr and tomb raiser also. Plenty to work through over the next year or so 

I'll hold off on the 5 til year 2 or so when there's more games oot. 

On 19/08/2020 at 18:37, Iakona said:

Not true mate - the top 100 as at a few months ago will be boosted so better frame rates etc similar to what the ps4 pro does, probably a lot more now.  The vast majority will play just fine at base ps4 levels. 

I have a question as never read this thread or am I into gaming apart from a bit of fifa / pro evo quite a few years ago now.

Son turns 8 next birthday and we delayed getting him a console last year as his younger brother was at a horrendous age. What are the recommendations?

So far it looks like a Nintendo switch as it seems more age appropriate and that is what most of his mates have but I have no idea. 

4 hours ago, Bossorange said:

Why do people prefer monitors to tv’s for gaming? What’s the actual reason behind it?

Generally speaking monitors have faster response times which can reduce ghosting, plus there's a lot more choice when it comes to refresh rates and panel type (VA, IPS and TN). The refresh rate is less of an issue for consoles since most games are locked to 30fps whilst a handful play at 60fps. Whilst on PC a high refresh rate 120+ with an unlocked frame rate is really popular for FPS games as it reduces input lag and makes things ultra smooth.

Price and size are also factors.. but mileage varies greatly here.

1 hour ago, northern bear said:

I have a question as never read this thread or am I into gaming apart from a bit of fifa / pro evo quite a few years ago now.

Son turns 8 next birthday and we delayed getting him a console last year as his younger brother was at a horrendous age. What are the recommendations?

So far it looks like a Nintendo switch as it seems more age appropriate and that is what most of his mates have but I have no idea. 

There's plenty of kid friendly games on every console. Just like there's plenty of "mature" games on the Switch too. It's by no means a kids console...

In this case it's always get what his pals have... Multiplayer games like Fortnite are all the rage now and he will want to play with his pals. The flexibility of docked and portable mode is also fantastic for around the house and travelling.

On 28/08/2020 at 00:48, Swally said:

I'm thinking about selling my PS4, struggled to get into it tbh. I bought all the VR stuff thinking it would be great but it's not that amazing and it makes me want to puke after 10min.

Don't think I'll bother with 5, I'll just stick to PC games from now on. I think I prefer PC type games anyway, well, more choice in the genres I like. 

Give you £30 for the lot