Marco Negri tonight in walkabout

stewaj3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

Why on earth would anyone want to go and see Marco Negri?

Always pissed me off when people didn't like him because he seemed grumpy and didn't celebrate

He was just so focused on what he was doing - scoring

Also he has the best comedy Italian accent I've ever heard, if I was to try and do an Italian accent I'd copy his.

2 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

Always pissed me off when people didn't like him because he seemed grumpy and didn't celebrate

He was just so focused on what he was doing - scoring

Also he has the best comedy Italian accent I've ever heard, if I was to try and do an Italian accent I'd copy his.

I don’t get the utter contempt for him   

30 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I guess some wanted more out of career than what we got and the injury which pretty much knackered his career with us is seen as a bit of a joke. That coupled with him no celebrating like the club is all he cares about is probably why some feel like that towards him.

I have good memories of him, I also remember a Rangers TV interview when he was asked about his lack of celebration when he scored and he said what I’ve just been going on about - he’s too focussed and in the zone to let his hair down and celebrate.

It’s unusual, but he’s always seemed quite a serious guy so I get what he’s saying.

I for one just have good memories of him, he is part of the Rangers family after all.

57 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It's the fact he plays in legends games and gets all the heroes treatment when he only played like half a season for us, there are plenty who have played longer than him that fans would never call a legend but for some reason he gets roped into it, he profits off a 6 month spell at the club

I dont dislike the guy I just couldn't give a shit about him, hes not a Rangers legend and I dont know why anyone would pay to listen to him speak what the fuck does he have to say after playing half a season?

49 minutes ago, Willis said:

It's the fact he plays in legends games and gets all the heroes treatment when he only played like half a season for us, there are plenty who have played longer than him that fans would never call a legend but for some reason he gets roped into it, he profits off a 6 month spell at the club

I dont dislike the guy I just couldn't give a shit about him, hes not a Rangers legend and I dont know why anyone would pay to listen to him speak what the fuck does he have to say after playing half a season?

Legends is just a branding to sell and it doesn’t actually mean every player is a legend. I wouldn’t pay but I would listen to him if I was in a situation to learn about his character and his footballing insight, I also know he is a mad shagger lol 

Would you have classed him as a legend if we had won the league that season?

Do you know of any ex players who don’t get involved in these types of games as plenty sadly don’t even kick a ball?

1 hour ago, Blueteeth said:

I guess some wanted more out of career than what we got and the injury which pretty much knackered his career with us is seen as a bit of a joke. That coupled with him no celebrating like the club is all he cares about is probably why some feel like that towards him.

I have good memories of him, I also remember a Rangers TV interview when he was asked about his lack of celebration when he scored and he said what I’ve just been going on about - he’s too focussed and in the zone to let his hair down and celebrate.

It’s unusual, but he’s always seemed quite a serious guy so I get what he’s saying.

I for one just have good memories of him, he is part of the Rangers family after all.

Always remember the footage on the news  of a Perugia goal when he was signing for us , jumped the advertising boards and onto the net separating the crowed from the pitch , just a fud , that’s found an income in us when retired 

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I'm with you here.

Marco Negri isn't a legend in my eyes. He had a phenomenal 6 months and did nothing after that.

Personally I think it would be interesting to hear, from his perspective, what happened, what changed?

A unique story, that could be interesting to hear....

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Next week on Rangers Media:

2 free tickets to see Amdy Faye at the Horseshoe.

Not really the same though is it.

One had a great 6 months, where they had a scoring record which was 2nd to none.

The other was awful and did nothing.

Archived