Poppy Scotland

Bearsden bear

3 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Got the poppy Scotland catalogue through today, spot who's missing.

A club like no other. What an embarrassment.

This should really be exposed

IMG_20191011_052753.jpg

The scum, St Mirren and Hamilton all missing. Absolutely disgusting lack of respect assuming it's their decision to be omitted.

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

IMG_20191011_052753.jpg

Plenty of clubs are missing considering there are 42 in the league structure.

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

IMG_20191011_052753.jpg

Again they show themselves up for what they are...........but it would bring tears to my eyes seeing a poppy attached to that.

The reputation of the poppy is preserved. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I get that there is no obligation for the teams to agree for the club badges to be used, and that there are a few of the teams missing from that chart, but the lack of respect from that club is obvious and odious.

They pander to their fan base rather than do what is right, and in doing so are doing the charity and veterans out of much needed moneys in order to appease the very knuckle heads that are keeping them in the dark ages. 

Have ordered one for this yea. Getting a nice wee collection of them now.

21 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Plenty of clubs are missing considering there are 42 in the league structure.

Most of those have such such negligible home support then Poppy Scotland wouldnt make money from providing their teams badges given associated manufacturing costs.

All SPL teams dont likely fall into that category and will likely have refused IP for their crest use, declined involvement for their own reasons, or PS know demand wont be there despite sufficient fanbase. 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Why?

Nobody should be forced to wear a poppy

Correct, but the lack of respect and the fact they snub this year upon year and deny their own fans (there are some) who would like to show support for this noble cause in alignment with their club the opportunity to do so.  As above, I have no idea how bitter the decision makers at board level may or may not be but it’s most certainly done to appease the knuckle dragging hardcore of uneducated fools who  hate all things British...

9 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Correct, but the lack of respect and the fact they snub this year upon year and deny their own fans (there are some) who would like to show support for this noble cause in alignment with their club the opportunity to do so.  As above, I have no idea how bitter the decision makers at board level may or may not be but it’s most certainly done to appease the knuckle dragging hardcore of uneducated fools who  hate all things British...

Of course it is and they show themselves up by doing it but the last thing that's needed is they are forced to wear it

Wearing it should be done with respect and by choice 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Of course it is and they show themselves up by doing it but the last thing that's needed is they are forced to wear it

Wearing it should be done with respect and by choice 

Again I totally agree but by the same token I have no doubt that their staff, players and the mgt team are heavily ‘advised/ instructed’ not to wear them which I find abhorrent. Amazing how when they move in from there they choose to wear their poppies with pride with other clubs. 

Not going to comment on them again as quite rightly this thread should be to celebrate and appreciated the fallen, actually disappointed at myself for for my initial post even mentioning them, they are not worth the thought and after all of these years I should know better...

7 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Wouldn’t buy something like that off Amazon - I doubt the RBL will see any of the money

Great many of the poppy items, cannot speak to each specific one, on Amazon are actually sponsored by the RBL, so that would appear to contradict your viewpoint.

Archived