Halliday

stevemac

22 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Arfield is Canadian 

so we’ve really no core. Which I’m fine with as you have players that absolutely get us no matter where they come from 

Arfield was born and grew up in Scotland, he qualified for Canada through a grandparent. I agree with your wider point though, we've had players from all round the globe who have played for us and have got us. Too many to mention but they are the ones we will always remember fondly no matter where they come from.

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

What's the deal with him? Last season he was solid and dependable, doesnt seem to have had a sniff at all this season.

Barisic is levels above him in all aspects.  Even Flanagan is solid defensively when played at LB.  We just don’t need Halliday anymore.  His contract is up at the end of the season and I doubt it’ll be renewed.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He also gave a few shite players too much game time like Coulibaly, Ejaria and Lafferty to name a few

Aye he did but Flanagan even out of poston is a better LB than Halliday, you will most likely not concur which is your prerogative.  

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Aye he did but Flanagan even out of poston is a better LB than Halliday, you will most likely not concur which is your prerogative.  

I disagree and I’d say he’s as much a left back as he is a right back tbh, played there plenty, and his best ever season came there

Love Andy Halliday but his time as a player for Rangers is over.

Really hope he gets to lift the trophy and then he should go with no regrets and play out his career somewhere that he can get game time

lived the dream and will no doubt be welcome back in the stands. 

9 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

If it was my call,I would have him in the squad when we get to a CF at hampden.
Would love him to get a medal for his efforts to put us back in top spot.
Would imagine he helped pushed Borna to be a better defender. 
Really nice guy from The Copland Road.

If it was my call I would pick the best squad to win the cup, that’s all that matters 

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He also gave a few shite players too much game time like Coulibaly, Ejaria and Lafferty to name a few

Harsh on Coulibaly. He started off great and most of our fans were desperate to keep him long term. His form took a massive drop for whatever reason but grouping him with Lafferty and Ejaria is a bit too far.

Keep Tavernier and Barisic.  Give Flanagan a new contract (it’s up at the end of the season) he can cover both full-back positions.  

After Halliday goes I’d like to see us go after a quality RB.  Tavernier plays nearly every game and there’s always a chance someone could put a large bid in for him and he’ll be off.  A good up and coming RB would be ideal.

Archived