Tavernier never a right back

AndrewWilson55

Just now, AndrewWilson55 said:

against diddy teams, but when he was actually called on to defend like v Septic and Young Boys he was posted missing! I stand by my post! He is not a right back and never will be!

Cleansheets in seven of ten EL games including both games v Legia and against Feyenoord. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s a wing back, who had the most assists in the SPFL last season by a country mile. 
borne out by Morelos being top scorer 

nah let’s change that by sticking a negative Flanagan in there. 

Geez man think about it 

`negative Flanagan` a right back who puts defence as his priority? I`ll take that! Move Tav into midfield, it`s where he should be playing as he creates more than the rest of our midfielders

4 minutes ago, AndrewWilson55 said:

`negative Flanagan` a right back who puts defence as his priority? I`ll take that! Move Tav into midfield, it`s where he should be playing as he creates more than the rest of our midfielders

Have you ever though that he 'creates more than our midfielders' because our tactical set-up allows him to get forward from deep and exploit spaces in behind defences?

Given we don't play any wide midfielders, who do you suggest comes out of the side to make room? Davis, Jack, Aribo, Kamara? Could take one of the attackers out I suppose but that means dropping one from Kent, Arfield, Ojo, Barker, Stewart to make room for Tavernier there.

So who will it be?

3 minutes ago, AndrewWilson55 said:

Rangers have the best defensive record in the SPFL.  Tavernier has been a regular in our European teams that seen us beat Midtjylland, Legia, and Feynoord.

Not to mention, Tavernier already has 7 assists for the season so his contribution going forward is already evident.

1 hour ago, AndrewWilson55 said:

Caught out of position time and time again,useless defending corners, and unable to stop crosses! Definitely a class player but not a right back! Surely it`s time to push him into right midfield and put Flanagan at right back.

@BlueMe second account with the old reverse psychology.

1 hour ago, AndrewWilson55 said:

my mother is a better right back than Tavernier,he was at fault for both goals v Young Boys but you think he is not a liability?

Your mother is actually your sister who was pumped by your da.

1 minute ago, AndrewWilson55 said:

`Tavernier already has 7 assists for the season so his contribution going forward is already evident` 

Exactly my point! He should be in midfield not right back

What are you not getting here? He gets those assists coming from deep (i.e. right back), push him forward and it’s not the same position. 

It’s like saying Goldson has a few goals this season, so let’s stick him up front.

12 minutes ago, AndrewWilson55 said:

you would know dude,still selling your soul to the Devil?

I was? Oh wait, you mean my column for the Record. Thanks for reading, always a pleasure to meet a fan.

Impressive that someone who only joined the board in August is talking about my stuff in the Record which stopped in March.

So which banned user are you then? I hope it's one of the ones who had a proper meltdown on here because of me. Those are my favourite ones.

Archived