*****Official Hertz v Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

A jambo at work can’t make it , hertz end for me , better than the tele 👍🏻

Oh mate you know you need to film footage of the bears singing & celebrating from the home end 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I actually feel more nervous about this due to the bad run they're on as teams that are struggling always have a habit of turning into Inter Milan against us. Remember first game last season when they were top I was more confident as they almost get too cocky for their own good when doing well.

4 hours ago, RoboBear said:

Normally I'd be a bit worried about this. But they have been woefull lately so whilst I expect them to put up a fight and maybe stay in the game for 60min or so, I think we'll win by 3 or 4 in the end.

Agreed but they are the type of team that have the odd good performance in them. It is crucial we win this and not undo the feel good factor of going top of the league. The tarriers are almost certain to be ahead of us by the time we play. 

23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We all believed it was not a risk playing him against Livi and look how that turned out.

Hamstrings are vulnerable in match situations when returning from that type of injury, you need to careful and he should gradually be brought up to speed when taking into account how long he has been without any real competitive action. That figure is 40 minutes of action over the last 10 weeks, would be madness to risk him on Sunday for 90 minutes.

It wasn’t a risk against Livi. Its not as if he rolled off the couch after 4 months and straight into the side that day. He’s an elite level athlete that had a full pre-season with the best team in the world. Hamstrings happen, if he’s comfortable with it there’s no risk in playing him. If Gerrard decides to ease him in because he’s a bit rusty having not played many competitive games lately then that’s a different story. 

Archived