Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

*****Official Hertz v Rangers Thread*****

Just now, Swagger said:

Can’t wait to see the back of him. Totally uninterested and offers nothing.  Name seems to be one of the first on the team sheet though. Fuck knows what Gerrard is thinking playing him. 
Get him punted first opportunity 

A poster earlier said he starts games as part of the loan contract, disappointing if true, ojo is hardly Adam lallana ffs

I thought Tav , Aribo , Kamara , Ojo and to a lesser degree Arfield   were the main reasons we never performed today

They were all a mixture of pathetic to poor . And it's the same ones that continually look lost in many of our games

HG5 likes this

That’s the one thing that still worries me about us, We can’t even put the tarriers under pressure when we go top of the league for more than a poxy game

I held back gloating during the international break to the tarriers I know, thank fuck I did cos these Rangers players have got a habit of being as dreadful, at times, as they are good

eejay the dj, delparlane and HG5 like this

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Really good point regarding Tavernier going forward. He’s so bad defensively that you tend to overlook how pish he’s become going forward. His delivery and final ball are rotten. 

He is as wasteful as hell . It astounds me , that we get into so many dangerous areas and it's wasted so cheaply so often

delparlane, HG5, Rusty117 and 1 other like this

Arfield needs dropped, offering nothing the now and looks as if he is towing a caravan. Level on points after an old firm defeat.

We woulda took that weeks ago, no point dwelling on the past, move forward to the next game and remain positive.

hawkeye likes this

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I thought Tav , Aribo , Kamara , Ojo and to a lesser degree Arfield   were the main reasons we never performed today

They were all a mixture of pathetic to poor . And it's the same ones that continually look lost in many of our games

I'd add the two centre backs to the list, they've just shown every team how soft they are, they looked fkn terrified every time the ball went to there big centre forward. 

21 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Defoe relies on service. There was absolutely zero service today. 

1 paced pish and long baw central 

That's why we had Kent and Stewart on but the quality into the forwards never improved. 

Having Morelos or Defoe would make no difference if you can't get the ball into the right areas. 

The only difference is that usually late on Defoe is brighter having just come on and manages to get ahead of defenders to make chances out of nothing. 

We had a few chances to do this but Tav kept insisting on taking and messing up set pieces.

Blumhoilann likes this

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

That’s the one thing that still worries me about us, We can’t even put the tarriers under pressure when we go top of the league for more than a poxy game

I held back gloating during the international break to the tarriers I know, thank fuck I did cos these Rangers players have got a habit of being as dreadful, at times, as they are good

Did exactly the same mate as you and me both know . We have perennial losers playing for us

Blue Avenger and Rusty117 like this

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

I'd add the two centre backs to the list, they've just shown every team how soft they are, they looked fkn terrified every time the ball went to there big centre forward. 

Too be fair mate . The big lad does that to every defence . He is a very awkward customer . To be fair . The central defence did get to grips with him .

No accounting for the weak as piss header back the way for their first though

7 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I held back gloating during the international break to the tarriers I know, thank fuck I did cos these Rangers players have got a habit of being as dreadful, at times, as much as they are good

Nobody should have been getting carried away going top. The way this team get bullied away from home will see us dropping points over the next few weeks 

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

That's why we had Kent and Stewart on but the quality into the forwards never improved. 

Having Morelos or Defoe would make no difference if you can't get the ball into the right areas. 

The only difference is that usually late on Defoe is brighter having just come on and manages to get ahead of defenders to make chances out of nothing. 

We had a few chances to do this but Tav kept insisting on taking and messing up set pieces.

Midfield the problem for me. 

Take Aribo off and bring on Stewart 

Arfield moving back into CM and Kent replacing Ojo.

hawkeye likes this

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

While i generally agree, Arfield is the link between middle and front and i think he has been off the whole season... we need someone else to fill that role and Stewart had a good couple of games... however whether its Stewart Arfield or Aribo that are acting as that link, if we don't win the battle first then its for nothing....  Jack helps us win that battle and we need someone with more of an engine than Davis ... Docherty has the engine, but lacks ability, who else do we have if Jack is out injured?

eejay the dj likes this

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Nobody should have been getting carried away going top. The way this team get bullied away from home will see us dropping points over the next few weeks 

Would never be playing Ojo , Aribo and Kamara in any of tougher fixtures from now on

Bakbear likes this

27 minutes ago, ArranRfc said:

I agree Defoe should have been brought on but it was for someone else Kamara or Aribo in my opinion. With 10 mins to go needing a goal to keep us top of the league you've got to try something different. The formation hadnt worked all game.

That's what I would've done but Gerrard doesn't like to change his formation or go for attacking changes in these situations.

This is a hearts side that hasn't won at home since march.

I expected a hard game with them  likely parking the bus and making life difficult. 

Instead they wanted it more and bullied us on the park. Aside from our goal we created nothing going forward. 

Manager has too many favourites that play regardless of form. He needs to get ruthless and drop players. Point of having a big squad. 

Bears r us and Bakbear like this

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Would never be playing Ojo , Aribo and Kamara in any of tougher fixtures from now on

Call it blind faith but I think Aribo can do a job linking middle to front, just don't expect him to battle.... Kamara and Ojo are too powder puff

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

While i generally agree, Arfield is the link between middle and front and i think he has been off the whole season... we need someone else to fill that role and Stewart had a good couple of games... however whether its Stewart Arfield or Aribo that are acting as that link, if we don't win the battle first then its for nothing....  Jack helps us win that battle and we need someone with more of an engine than Davis ... Docherty has the engine, but lacks ability, who else do we have if Jack is out injured?

Fair post . That is what the manager is there for . To pick that winning formula . Experience would win me over most probably

For me in big games . I would go Jack , Arfield and Davis and another . Just not sure who at this moment

delparlane likes this

1 minute ago, shaka said:

That's what I would've done but Gerrard doesn't like to change his formation or go for attacking changes in these situations.

That's a weakness that he needs to sort out. A point away to a shit team isnt a good result. Even levein put 2 up front late on so wasnt as if we were trying to match them in the middle of the park at that point either as an excuse.

shaka likes this

15 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Midfield the problem for me. 

Take Aribo off and bring on Stewart 

Arfield moving back into CM and Kent replacing Ojo.

Arfield was having a poor game and deserved to be taken off too.  I would've taken Arfield off for Stewart, Davies or Kamara off for Defoe and Ojo off at half time for Kent.  Ideally I wouldn't even be starting with Ojo or Tav in games right now. 

If it's true that there is a clause in his loan agreement that Ojo must play, then send him back in January.  He's like the new Ejaria, no passion or desire in anything he does!

eejay the dj likes this