*****Official Hertz v Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Tav has rightly come in for some stick but he has bailed us out many times in the past. It therefore seems strange that some players, like Aribo, are revered as the second coming of Jesus, even though they've actually done fuck all for us in the league. Non-existent again yesterday. The hype around him is so unjustified. I couldn't give a toss about his goal against Brazil, likewise Arfield's performance for Canada in midweek. About time these players showed up for US.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its embarrassing to say that Morelos is our 1st pick and best CF? Are you actually saying that?

You're more mental than I thought but now I get why you'd believe Gerrard is happy with a draw away.

Its embarrassing the way you talk about Defoe you knew exactly what I meant stop behaving like some scolded child.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Its embarrassing the way you talk about Defoe you knew exactly what I meant stop behaving like some scolded child.

You've now lost me. Saying Defoe is 2nd choice needs to stop, but he is or usnt our 2nd striker? 

Scolded child? 😂 You're mental man.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've now lost me. Saying Defoe is 2nd choice needs to stop, but he is or usnt our 2nd striker? 

Scolded child? 😂 You're mental man.

I have lost you yet you have still replied.

He's the best striker in the league he's one of two strikers in our team  for me he's much better than Morelos and a more complete striker but they are different players and offer different things. 

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

We lost to a fucking awful Hearts team.

Our team is full of fucking fairies who don't roll the sleeves up when it matters. Sick of defending the likes of Tavernier when he consistently costs us. 

Mentality was all wrong yesterday, so angry with that performance.

We never

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Defoe is much better than Morelos and Gerrard is happy with yesterday's draw.

You're no well in the heid.

Much better in every department he scores more in this league  makes more intelligent runs has a great first touch, Morelos is still work in progress and could do with more ball work as his touch needs to improve. 

Both different players but Defoe has been there and done it and it shows.

5 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

We lost to a fucking awful Hearts team.

Our team is full of fucking fairies who don't roll the sleeves up when it matters. Sick of defending the likes of Tavernier when he consistently costs us. 

Mentality was all wrong yesterday, so angry with that performance.

We didn't lose we drew the game although it did feel like a loss. That Hearts team are awful.

Could it also partially be arrogance? Gerrard has said this is the worst he's seen us play and it coincides with us sitting top for the first time in a while. Maybe the players thought Hearts were shite, the hard bit had been done now (us being top), and this game should be a walk in the park?

It looked from the start we weren't willing to do the unglamorous things to win the game, maybe the players thought they were above all that?

I thought it might be because we started several players who were on international duty but Tav wasn't and he was pish.  He was total pish but to be fair he didn't hide like Ojo the invisible man.   I thought Kamara and Arfield were brutal and Aribo not up to much either.  Thank fuck for Morelos.

Edmundson should've played ahead of Katic Imo as he is the only one that will have come up against the type of striker hearts have and it highlights another error from SG with his starting line up.

We struggled to contain the big Livi boy and now the Hearts lad also I'm sure George would've loved a duel with these two as that's what he is used to from his Oldham days.

37 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Edmundson should've played ahead of Katic Imo as he is the only one that will have come up against the type of striker hearts have and it highlights another error from SG with his starting line up.

We struggled to contain the big Livi boy and now the Hearts lad also I'm sure George would've loved a duel with these two as that's what he is used to from his Oldham days.

I was surprised Edmundson didnt make the subs bench.

23 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

People need to calm the fuck doon... We drew.  Big deal it happens FFS 

I think the worry is away at Hearts we created nothing and only had one shot on target which to be fair did bring us a goal, we were fortunate to get a draw against a team who's not won at home in seven months. 

Beats me what Gerrards thinking when his first sub for Ojo was an unfit Kent with no pre-season and hardly a farts worth of game time then have Stewart coming on 76 minutes and Defoe sitting on his arse till 81 minutes who scored a hat-trick in his last game.

If Gerrard wasn't who he was as a footballer that would have been Murty/Pedro levels of stupidity and would have been questioned heavily on here.

Martin Ramsey is absolutely spot on in everything he says on Heart and Hand about this game and a few other points too.

A few of them had me squirming in my seat 😬

Love a proper indepth rake through events from the weekend with Edgar and co.  

Anything to lift my mood after pish like that is always welcome.

I think Gerrard needs to find a way of playing Morelos and Defoe. It doesn’t make sense for an in-form striker to be on the bench and you can’t leave Alfie out. If Ojo and Arfield were offering more then I get it, but they aint. 
Stewart playing out right with either Jones or Kent - whomever is showing form would be first choice for me - but until they get their fitness back why couldn’t we fit in Defoe with Barisic providing the width on the left and Helander/Katic covering back. 

1 hour ago, James Rolle said:

I think Gerrard needs to find a way of playing Morelos and Defoe. It doesn’t make sense for an in-form striker to be on the bench and you can’t leave Alfie out. If Ojo and Arfield were offering more then I get it, but they aint. 
Stewart playing out right with either Jones or Kent - whomever is showing form would be first choice for me - but until they get their fitness back why couldn’t we fit in Defoe with Barisic providing the width on the left and Helander/Katic covering back. 

there is common sense to this thread.

11 hours ago, Smile said:

I think the worry is away at Hearts we created nothing and only had one shot on target which to be fair did bring us a goal, we were fortunate to get a draw against a team who's not won at home in seven months. 

Beats me what Gerrards thinking when his first sub for Ojo was an unfit Kent with no pre-season and hardly a farts worth of game time then have Stewart coming on 76 minutes and Defoe sitting on his arse till 81 minutes who scored a hat-trick in his last game.

If Gerrard wasn't who he was as a footballer that would have been Murty/Pedro levels of stupidity and would have been questioned heavily on here.

In Gerards defence he is new to coaching unlike the other 2 mentioned .

I do agree his subs were questionable but like the rest of us he saw Hockey was struggling and maybe thought Kents pace would have destroyed him..Personally id have put on Stewart a lot earlier and Defoe...

Ojo was struggling and Arfield was blowing out his arse,that was evident after 45 minutes but Gerard knows his players and the game better than the rest of us and he has to be trusted...

23 years ago on Sunday we struggled to draw 2.2 with  a poor Aberdeen side with Sir Wattie at the helm yet went on to win the league...Every manager makes mistakes and if he's to become a top manager he'll learn from them.

Archived