Defoe

Bearsden bear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

More to come in terms of a better quality OP I would hope 

Ha ha.

So far, loves the place, people, fans, gaffer. & Jimmy Bell.

Wants to win something, and stay for longer.

Massive club, big euro nights, old firm...Souness

Talks about gazza, butcher, rich history etc and how he and other players can add to history and success if the continue to work hard.

Can't remember any more but he will be back on😜

45 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Ha ha.

So far, loves the place, people, fans, gaffer. & Jimmy Bell.

Wants to win something, and stay for longer.

Massive club, big euro nights, old firm...Souness

Talks about gazza, butcher, rich history etc and how he and other players can add to history and success if the continue to work hard.

Can't remember any more but he will be back on😜

Love the guy, remember when a hell of a lot of people were rubbishing reports he'd come to us.

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Tbf it was fairly unbelievable. 

Because we've utterly convinced ourselves we're in a shite league and aren't able to attract this level of player any more.

It's been proven we can, which is great for us - long may it continue.

If anyone says it's because Gerrard is here, well we had to attract Gerrard to come here as well.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Because we've utterly convinced ourselves we're in a shite league and aren't able to attract this level of player any more.

It's been proven we can, which is great for us - long may it continue.

If anyone says it's because Gerrard is here, well we had to attract Gerrard to come here as well.

I think if we look back most people thought it was unrealistic because of the wage he was on and not much to do with the points you've highlighted.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

I think if we look back most people thought it was unrealistic because of the wage he was on and not much to do with the points you've highlighted.

I don't know mate, but I think it's an important lesson to be learned. 

Personally I think it was a mixture of things, his wage demands or course being one of them. He had interest from other clubs as well remember, I'm sure it was Palace.

54 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Love the guy, remember when a hell of a lot of people were rubbishing reports he'd come to us.

Been an inspired signing both on and off the park.

Interview today again is excellent PR for the Club. Talksport is hugely popular and far reaching.

The guy has been a stellar signing. He is 100% professional and debatably the best natural finisher in the Scotland currently. He lacks the explosiveness of Morelos but his intelligence and timing is second to none. The influence he will have around the dressing room and with younger players is hugely important. He clearly can't go on for many more years but there is no reason at all we should not be offering him an extension. He clearly looks after himself and has approached the latter stages of his career in the right way in terms of fitness. 

This is a guy who thinks he has seen it all. Yet he comes to us and it totally fucks his mind. He is no longer ready for retirement. He wants to be a Rangers legend, just like (a few, this weekend) many before him. His interview today highlighting Jimmy Bell is a prime indicator he gets it. We are an institution where we all matter. The fans, kit an and star striker. We are a magnet to the right kind of people, just like JD . That is why WATP is so! 

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

The guy has been a stellar signing. He is 100% professional and debatably the best natural finisher in the Scotland currently. He lacks the explosiveness of Morelos but his intelligence and timing is second to none. The influence he will have around the dressing room and with younger players is hugely important. He clearly can't go on for many more years but there is no reason at all we should not be offering him an extension. He clearly looks after himself and has approached the latter stages of his career in the right way in terms of fitness. 

:tu:

When he and Davis signed last season I was of the opinion that they would be the type of player we needed to back up the squad and bolster it when required .... both have not let us down and are doing what it says on the tin.

In particular JD has shone like a beacon and has been hitting the back of the net on a regular basis ..... his pedigree is still there to be seen regardless of age ..... I hope like he does that he can finish his career with us with a flourish .... and a fist full of trophies.

Great wee guy on and off the park ... and the fact that he gets it up here and knows what we are all about is a massive bonus .... he should be on our PR team as he speaks more about us than the current crowd do .... :p:

:UK:

2 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Its not even up for debate. Who’s a better finisher than Jermain Defoe?

Archived