Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

16 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rangers should be launching an internal investigation to establish once and for all whether the police were contacted. 

Nobody has been able to establish whether that was the case or not. 

There will, undoubtedly, be more victims of Neely that will or have already come forward and therefore the investigation should also focus on any failings at that time & ensuring all steps are now taken to protect children. 

we should also be calling for a full investigation at the highest level into abuse within football. 

All steps are taken to protect children these days, we don’t need to do anything different from the rest of youth football in Scotland. 

What failings from back in the day? It was a different world back then, we did far more than the law or any other club did from that time ever did. 

Why have an investigation? We have already said it was reported to the police end of story. Unless you don’t believe the club and think they lying  about this. 

I agree we should be having a full enquiry in historic child abuse in Scottish Football, good luck with that when we know what club is going to come out the worst of all. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to fathom how anyone can think what allegedly happened is anything other than sexual deviancy.

Each one of our previous boards and the current talk fluent shite on the regular. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

So your claiming the Board of Rangers, Walter Smith & Souness all lied about this??

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Amazing the amount on here that actually watch the BBC and believe everything they say , yet doubt decisions that were made by the club.

Some on here are on the wrong forum..........

Pretty big allegations for them to make. Would be wrong to dismiss it without evidence. 

The Rangers News article makes perfect sense to me.

Neely has been booted out and the boy is still part of the youth team. Souness, Walter (and whoever higher up) probably didn't want to create a stigma for the lad (ie the victim) or cause alarm to other parents etc.

I'd like to think we also contacted the police to report the scum fuck Neely but also I would have thought the boy's parents should have done that directly.

13 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to fathom how anyone can think what allegedly happened is anything other than sexual deviancy.

We are all aware of that now but 30 years ago it was a different world.      Are you seriously claiming that Souness, Smith etc knew he was sexually deviant at that time?

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So your claiming the Board of Rangers, Walter Smith & Souness all lied about this??

The point I was addressing was that it would be a major fuck up if we 'confirmed' that it was reported without having the facts to back it up. I'm absolutely certain whoever's made that statement has every right to believe it's true but I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if it can't be backed up yet we've publicly stated it anyway. 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Top of the league and this suddenly appears

not concerned in the slightest am happy we handled it correctly

Hope so, and that we can prove / corroborate what we’ve said previously.

Leaves us with an open goal or sorts to absolutely batter a few not so innocent parties.  

It is clear that RFC knew nothing of Neely's disgusting activities whilst at Ibrox.  Hibs were aware of far worse accusations but failed to do anything other than "letting him leave their club".   When Souness etc were made aware of this particular incident they acted by sacking him.    I would have no doubt that someone at Strathclyde Police would have been informed but whether that was an official communication or a telephone conversation then I cannot say for certain but my money would be on the latter.  Probably Alistair Hood to some contact at the police.   I'm not sure that Rangers could actually make the complaint official as Rangers FC was not the victim.  The boy and his parents would have been required to make an official complaint against Neely.  Why they didn't pursue that avenue, only they can tell us.   

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

We are all aware of that now but 30 years ago it was a different world.      Are you seriously claiming that Souness, Smith etc knew he was sexually deviant at that time?

No, I mistook your post when you said " That was an old-fashioned method of punishment years ago"

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Top of the league and this suddenly appears

not concerned in the slightest am happy we handled it correctly

Nailed it , and expect more of the same and worse as the season goes on , this scum have been desperate to destroy the club for decades.........

6 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

The point I was addressing was that it would be a major fuck up if we 'confirmed' that it was reported without having the facts to back it up. I'm absolutely certain whoever's made that statement has every right to believe it's true but I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if it can't be backed up yet we've publicly stated it anyway. 

So if we can’t back it up we should say we never did it? Aye that makes perfect sense. 

So again you don’t believe the word of the Rangers Board, Walter Smith or Graeme Souness unless they can back it up. 

There are obviously some serious serial haters within the beeb being allowed to peddle their agenda.  This will be eminating from beeb Scotland and the narrative set by it's very own nonce at the the top..

Similar in nature to the leaks eminating from the HMRC taigs 2012 style and also a protected species as an institution.

Matters not the truth, the tactic is to get the shit it out there first to damage the brand and any retraction later rendered worthless.

Will be interesting to see the Club's posture on this. 

I can’t believe there are some on here who say this is nothing to do with the Bheasts.

I made a comment a month or so ago that the narrative going forward would be that it wasn’t celtic that had the paedophilia problem but the WHOLE of Scottish football. And here we have another example of that.

I find it interesting they use our club paper as a definitive source of truth. It is almost as if another club are going to have problems because of their in-house publication...... what would happen if that was thrown out.....

Look, if we are found to have acted inappropriately they we should make it right, but the timing of this is so obvious it beggars belief.

I'm pretty pissed that we don't have a statement out already - headline news across the Scottish media, and we're nowhere to be seen yet in terms of reply.

I'm not convinced that this has come up without advance warning of publication.

edit: When's the pre-match press duties due?

Don't believe for a second we didn't report it to the police, what with the three senior members of staff involved and the boys father apparently a police officer.

Shouldn't have wished the cunt well in the Rangers news though.

Rangers must come out and address this, They must also call for a public enquiry. 

What we cannot do is hide behind an army of lawyers and let the rumours escalate.  Forget public relations firms and deny + deflect tactics. Forget the separate entity bs. 

Either call the BBC out for there lies or apologise for our mistakes and see what we can do to help. 

There was an attempt to confirm that Rangers reported him to police (superfluous anyway as his dad was a copper) under an FOI request but the police stated that such information was unavailable.

Needless to say, this was twisted into “police deny Rangers version of events” by the taig media.

Nonetheless, we have to face this up and get in front of the story and, in the process, demonstrate exactly how this sort of matter SHOULD be addressed.

It is an opportunity to highlight the different standards and mindsets between ourselves and the scum.

Archived