Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What was the Club meant to do at that time?  Neely was sacked after the allegation based on the boy's word.  His parents were aware of the incident and it was their responsibility to report Neely to the police and have him charged.    If the victim and his family didn't report the incident  then Rangers could hardly report it.     In 1991 exactly what were the correct steps if sacking him and (apparently) informing the police wasn't sufficient?   The tiny article in the Rangers News was poorly worded but printing an allegation about Neely at that time without any hard evidence could have been costly.

Sorry mate, not following you in the bit in bold. A spokesperson for the club a few years back said it was reported to the police? He was sacked and reported it says in the statement. To me, that was the correct course of action.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

What was said that was worthy of a ban ?

yeah I'm puzzled with all the hostility myself . Confusing for some . Angry for others . We are all bears surely to fuck

Why is there always a few being the big man in these sort of threads and slagging off others

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

yeah I'm puzzled with all the hostility myself . Confusing for some . Angry for others . We are all bears surely to fuck

Why is there always a few being the big man in these sort of threads and slagging off others

Who got banned? 

16 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Complaint sent to BBC asking (let’s leave the non-committal response from police getting twisted into “Rangers lied” for one moment) why one child subjected to inappropriate language is a bigger story than a hundred kids being molested.

Curious to hear their values and justification.

I was thinking about reporting it to the ipso but the last time I complained they said because I wasn’t there and an eye witness that newspapers can print whatever the fk they want.  

1 minute ago, philiprfc said:

Sorry mate, not following you in the bit in bold. A spokesperson for the club a few years back said it was reported to the police? He was sacked and reported it says in the statement. To me, that was the correct course of action.

It is surely the victim and his family's duty to officially report an alleged crime.     I very much doubt that we put in an official report when the victim didn't.   I would expect that someone like Alistair Hood would have had a conversation with someone at Strathclyde Police and that without the victim reporting it then there would be no further action and no official report.   I really don't see what Rangers could have done differently at that time.    

27 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Complaint sent to BBC asking (let’s leave the non-committal response from police getting twisted into “Rangers lied” for one moment) why one child subjected to inappropriate language is a bigger story than a hundred kids being molested.

Curious to hear their values and justification.

They will just say John said Rangers lied if they bother to reply at all 

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Confused too ,are folk getting pissed off about folk wanting us to  apologise or are they getting pissed at the one or 2 wanting to ignore it 

Daly must have been getting it real tight after his expose on his favourites few months back .

Coming out with this shite . Hopefully the BBC have just made a complete fuck up and our club go after our many enemies in that rhancid organisation

We can live and hope

Posted this earlier in the general sports section on the celtic cover up. We have now posted a response and damn right with what we have said.

''This programme by Daly is due soon. Rangers being brought back in to this gets attention and deflects at the same time. I only hope if he has been digging up information it is done regardless of club. As for Rangers we need to put out a statement clarifying our response, again, and own these new old allegations.''

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Daly must have been getting it real tight after his expose on his favourites few months back .

Coming out with this shite . Hopefully the BBC have just made a complete fuck up and our club go after our many enemies in that rhancid organisation

We can live and hope

During his program he did say that we claimed to have called the police but there was no record 

why bring it up like it’s all new news though 

8 minutes ago, badjon said:

Posted this earlier in the general sports section on the celtic cover up. We have now posted a response and damn right with what we have said.

''This programme by Daly is due soon. Rangers being brought back in to this gets attention and deflects at the same time. I only hope if he has been digging up information it is done regardless of club. As for Rangers we need to put out a statement clarifying our response, again, and own these new old allegations.''

To be honest,I’m fucking fed up hearing “aye, Daly’s big piece on celtic is due soon”

Been hearing that for months.

Where is the evidence that he’s even started, never mind “ready soon”?

Cunt hates us with a passion so I’ll believe he can produce proper journalism getting to the heart of the atrocities at the Glitterdome when I see it.

Just another BBC Scotland Rangers-hating lump of dogshite IMO.

9 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

During his program he did say that we claimed to have called the police but there was no record 

Pressure from the bheasts perhaps or these   Media wizards that have been keeping the lid on their 50 years of shame 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not saying hide anything. I'm saying theres a 200 plus page on here in a fairly unvisited part of the forum that no-one now reads apart from regulars.  We're great at playing by forum rules even if info to attack our enemies on social media isnt common knowledge to most because of where its located.

Go onto a scum / hivs forum and search for discussions on child sex abuse and there is nothing about their own issues. There now will be about this.

Imo if we're talking about sexual abuse, why are we the only dafties front and centre discussing our own allegations. Why are we the ones who will have allegations about our club discussed front and centre giving easy ammo to be used on social media against us. Which by tomorrow it will. We're going to be quoted negatively, or quotes used to align us to the scum. We're going to do harm to ourselves, but hey, Bears Den for Rangers abuse allegations whilst hunt the forum for everyone elses. 

And we wonder why we get what upon more than any other cunts whilst giving them the bat to beat us with. 

Valid points made mate 🙂

11 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The police were asked under an FOI request if they got a call from us. They said that information was not available.

Somewhere along the line, it has become acceptable to convert “we cannot confirm or deny” into “Rangers are lying cunts”

Welcome to Scotland.

13 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful.

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise.

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern

:tu:

Cheers mate ..... and well done The Rangers for this proper account of what happened ......  and putting right yet another despicable attack on our Club by the partners of that equally despicable separate entity across the city.

I am now looking forward to the "sincere apology" on page four of this alternative to the truth rag ..... :p:

No fucking shame whatsoever from this bunch of kiddy on  journalists .... and no empathy for any victims who remain just another part of the story .... sad hypocritical bastards each and every one of them ... all I can ever wish them is to be consumed by spontaneous combustion ..... with not a fire extinguisher in sight.

🇬🇧

FFS ..... I have made this post all about the DR instead of the BBC .... in my haste to post my disgust I got one cunt mixed up with the other cunt .... although ... in my defence .... my sentiments above are on a par and I hate them both equally and it is hard to distinguish one from the other .... 👹

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Pressure from the bheasts perhaps or these   Media wizards that have been keeping the lid on their 50 years of shame 

The bheasts via their hired hand hollicom and organisation that needs made toxic due to profiting from the cover up and as such becoming part of the cover up ,

Very strange that we are now being alleged to have covered up ,maybe the tarriers cover up is about to have the pressure ramped up and the phrase cover up more directly used 

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be honest,I’m fucking fed up hearing “aye, Daly’s big piece on celtic is due soon”

Been hearing that for months.

Where is the evidence that he’s even started, never mind “ready soon”?

Cunt hates us with a passion so I’ll believe he can produce proper journalism getting to the heart of the atrocities at the Glitterdome when I see it.

Just another BBC Scotland Rangers-hating lump of dogshite IMO.

I am hoping all this regurgitated nonsense that has also been twisted is a deflection as to what is to come but won't hold my breath. I agree with what you are saying.

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The bheasts via their hired hand hollicom and organisation that needs made toxic due to profiting from the cover up and as such becoming part of the cover up ,

Very strange that we are now being alleged to have covered up ,maybe the tarriers cover up is about to have the pressure ramped up and the phrase cover up more directly used 

They try to cover up their cover up and then allege we covered up to deflect from their covered up cover up.

My head's fucking bursting and needs covered up!

:lol:

Archived