Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

42 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

The way I see this panning out is that we have the Rangers news article discredited and then the beasts use that as fuel to have the celtic View Article discredited. Hollicom at work

Hollicom are most definitely involved here . Absolute certainty

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m absolutely raging here. Everything that is going on across the city and hardly a thing said. This is clutching at straws. BTW if Rangers did cover this up at the time I have no doubts that our club will do the right thing now. However was the person involved dad not a Police officer? Surely then the police were most definitely involved. The cheerio piece to Neely was certainly stupid and  is a lifeline for the vermin and I sincerely hope Rangers come out all guns blazing about this.

The whole point of this article is simply to use 'cover up' and associate it with Rangers. 

Its scandalous they way Daly and his Beeb masters try to tie us in with the flifth in the east. 

You can see Dalys agenda as he seems unconcerned towards the 'cover up' by Hibs that resulted In this creep arriving at Ibrox in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Hamie said:

The whole point of this article is simply to use 'cover up' and associate it with Rangers. 

Its scandalous they way Daly and his Beeb masters try to tie us in with the flifth in the east. 

You can see Dalys agenda as he seems unconcerned towards the 'cover up' by Hibs that resulted In this creep arriving at Ibrox in the first place.

It always has been and always will be about big bad Rangers. Who cares that celtic look as though a paedophile ring was in operation? Who cares that Hibs allowed an abuser to go on and abuse more children? Unfortunately where there are children there will always be predators, it’s how these predators are dealt with that matters. Is it a coincidence that Neely did not work in any further clubs after Rangers? That’s because we did the right thing and phoned the police.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Also stopping short of saying we’re suing you ya tarrier bastard that statement is good. 

Using a paragraph in the Rangers news as evidence we were part of a cover up is clutching straws at best. He needs to stop short now, because lets be honest does anyone actually believe a gutter journalist over 2 of the greatest icons in British football ever? No

Daly has already received awards for shite stories about us ,that’s the kind of cesspit we live in ,

Fair enough produce programmes about football clubs sailing close to the wind but when there has been innuendo about a football club in this country having a network of peadophiles and a cover up involving money flying out the club why look any further ,

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

It always has been and always will be about big bad Rangers. Who cares that celtic look as though a paedophile ring was in operation? Who cares that Hibs allowed an abuser to go on and abuse more children. Unfortunately where there are children there will always been predators, it’s how these predators are dealt with that matters. Is it a coincidence that Neely did not work in any further clubs after Rangers? That’s because we did the right thing and phoned the police.

The constant drip drip of poison about Neely will stick to us. Even if we did the right thing, even if we have no case to answer here, 99% of Joe Public will read that headline and that’s what will be remembered and believed. 

Meanwhile rancid cellic and their multiple child rapes and ‘independent ‘ report ????

Job done Daly and the BBC. 

The term "cover up", being used based upon a throwaway few lines in a Rangers News article is ridiculous, slanderous, and libellous. 

Let's be completely clear here, the boy was not molested but was subjected to wholly inappropriate behaviour by Neely. The boy rightly complained, and the club took the appropriate action by getting the parents involved, speaking to neely, and terminating his employment with the police being notified (most likely by a phone call). The parents and the police will then have been the ones who will have made the decision not to prosecute. 

The way Daly's article reads is that there was a shady encounter in a car by Souness and Smith before 'continuing the meeting' in the managers office.

The language used is amateur and is designed to read like our two greatest modern day managers and fine human beings were actively involved in covering up, where in all likelihood they will arrived at the stadium at the same time and asked them to just hop in. I

Context is something Mr Daly is leaving out of his report, and it throws mud against the real victims of abuse. 

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The term "cover up", being used based upon a throwaway few lines in a Rangers News article is ridiculous, slanderous, and libellous. 

Let's be completely clear here, the boy was not molested but was subjected to wholly inappropriate behaviour by Neely. 

Why don’t you think a young kid made to pull down his Shorts and pants and bent over someone’s knee and “spanked” is not abuse?

Rangers response to Mark Daly's Gordon Neely article

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful.

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise.

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern.

'Ridiculous claims of a cover up against those seeking to deal with such matters in a sensitive manner suggests sensationalism and in this instance point to a desire to attack Rangers as being more important to those reporting these horrific incidents than looking after the victims of abuse.’

Good response.

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The constant drip drip of poison about Neely will stick to us. Even if we did the right thing, even if we have no case to answer here, 99% of Joe Public will read that headline and that’s what will be remembered and believed. 

Meanwhile rancid cellic and their multiple child rapes and ‘independent ‘ report ????

Job done Daly and the BBC. 

correct

The exact reason we should never use child abuse to point score at football matches. 

I’d like too know why this guy was given anonymity, all Daly has is a paragraph in an old Rangers News, hardly ground breaking journalism, why did Daly not ask the guy why his parents (who knew) were prepared to let it go, could it be the father (a policeman) knew there was no case to answer and was happy enough that he lost his job.

I applauded Daly when he went after the real paedo deniers but he seems to be trying to milk a dead cow with this.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why don’t you think a young kid made to pull down his Shorts and pants and bent over someone’s knee and “spanked” is not abuse?

Getting into semantics but the lad alleged the pants were pulled down but he stopped and never spanked him. Wrong yes no doubt and in hindsight with what else has come out it’s abuse but back then it was common practice by parents but probably not by coaches and on teenagers

The most concerning part in my opinion is the comment from Martin Henry stating that the small extract from Rangers view can only be construed as an attempt by Rangers to cover up the full reasons on why he was sacked. If this is then added into his report SFA has no other option but to punish us. 

This will stick and Rangers statement so far isn’t enough to prevent it from doing so. I would hope IPSO has also been contacted and lawyers are looking into taking the BBC to court for slander. 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I didn't say that. I deliberately used the word molested, so please do not make leaps and suggest things I did not say. 

Also, according to the article, the boy was threatened with being spanked but was not. As I say, wholly inappropriate and wrong what he did to that boy, but we need to keep to the facts and be as accurate as possible with cases of abuse. 

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’d like too know why this guy was given anonymity, all Daly has is a paragraph in an old Rangers News, hardly ground breaking journalism, why did Daly not ask the guy why his parents (who knew) were prepared to let it go, could it be the father (a policeman) knew there was no case to answer and was happy enough that he lost his job.

I applauded Daly when he went after the real paedo deniers but he seems to be trying to milk a dead cow with this.

I never once applauded this hateful scumbag . I had every reason to think he was doing his job properly for once . And it was only have baked tbh

Now we are seeing his true agenda .

And not heard to much from the lawyer who has been representing the victims of BHEAST FC . Has he been warned or paid off

21 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Let's be completely clear here, the boy was not molested but was subjected to wholly inappropriate behaviour by Neely. The boy rightly complained, and the club took the appropriate action by getting the parents involved, speaking to neely, and terminating his employment with the police being notified (most likely by a phone call). The parents and the police will then have been the ones who will have made the decision not to prosecute. 

The way Daly's article reads is that there was a shady encounter in a car by Souness and Smith before 'continuing the meeting' in the managers office.

The language used is amateur and is designed to read like our two greatest modern day managers and fine human beings were actively involved in covering up, where in all likelihood they will arrived at the stadium at the same time and asked them to just hop in. I

Context is something Mr Daly is leaving out of his report, and it throws mud against the real victims of abuse. 

It's a hatchet job report from bbc Scotland.

Designed to get the general public linking Rangers with cover ups and abuse. 

The timing of the report convinces me that something new is on the way regarding scum fc. 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's a hatchet job report from bbc Scotland.

Designed to get the general public linking Rangers with cover ups and abuse. 

The timing of the report convinces me that something new is on the way regarding scum fc. 

The cynic in me thinks that it's also to get people talking before his new documentary is aired.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Getting into semantics but the lad alleged the pants were pulled down but he stopped and never spanked him. Wrong yes no doubt and in hindsight with what else has come out it’s abuse but back then it was common practice by parents but probably not by coaches and on teenagers

That’s why I put inverted commas in. 

Not common practice by any parent to ask your young teen to pull down their pants for a spanking I would think.   It was in the 90’s not like it was the 1930’s

but I get your drift. 

33 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Comparing Neely to what happened at the other club is like comparing a shop lifter to the great train robbers 

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I didn't say that. I deliberately used the word molested, so please do not make leaps and suggest things I did not say. 

Also, according to the article, the boy was threatened with being spanked but was not. As I say, wholly inappropriate and wrong what he did to that boy, but we need to keep to the facts and be as accurate as possible with cases of abuse. 

I wasn’t making any leaps. 

but please don’t try and say anything other that a young teenager being made to pull his pants down in front of an adult is not anything other than “inappropriate behaviour “   Because it’s not. 

anyway I’ve had enough, I’m out

31 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Rangers response to Mark Daly's Gordon Neely article

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful.

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise.

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern.

'Ridiculous claims of a cover up against those seeking to deal with such matters in a sensitive manner suggests sensationalism and in this instance point to a desire to attack Rangers as being more important to those reporting these horrific incidents than looking after the victims of abuse.’

Good response.

There should have been a paragraph at the end saying there is now a blanket ban on anything to do with the BBC at the club from now on..........

Archived