Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

As much as the statement is good, the club can't stop there. They must go on the offensive to make a bigger impact. In the long run, I predict Daly's article will come back to haunt the taigs

I really hope it is. I knew the tarriers would have no case to answer in terms of footballing sanctions and the story was in the news for about a fucking day and then never mentioned again,  just think about how long the media went on about ebts and how the coverage of the pedos at parkhead was covered. 

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I understand but the Sun’s headline is disgraceful makes out it’s fact until you read it. 

Yeah mate but I just find it depressing reading that stuff . We all know it's bullshit . Our enemies are truly clutching and digging

Whatever they can get to rope us in too. They are relentless since 2012

Our club has history to be proud of. Unlike that shower of bheastly scum

To those pointing out that BBC have now included the statement within the story...... I give you.............Spot the Difference

BBC Article includes: -

A spokesman for club said: "Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time.

"To suggest... that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely's sacking is nonsense."

He added: "Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person's concern."

Rangers Statement: -

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful.

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise.

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern.’

Bunch of bastards

18 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

To those pointing out that BBC have now included the statement within the story...... I give you.............Spot the Difference

A spokesman for club said: "Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time.

"To suggest... that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely's sacking is nonsense."

He added: "Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person's concern."

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful.

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise.

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern.’

Bunch of bastards

disgraceful is replaced by nonsense

Truly lying scumbags

Any bear parting with money for these bastards are off their heads

Daly marginally recovered some of his journalistic credibility through his work on the scandal at celtic Park. However, never forget that this guy had an 'award' sitting in his display cabinet for the lies he put together when reporting on Rangers in 2012.  Bottom line is that he is another product of the BBC Scotland school of mediocre, unprofessional 'journalism'. 

46 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Bunch of bastards

They have no shame at BBC Scotland it seems.  :angry: Did they really leave the bit in red out ? 

I look at it like this.

hibs didn’t notify police/authorities about neely, he goes to Rangers. 

Neely is sacked by Rangers, authorities must have been told as he never worked for another football club again as far as I know. 

13 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I look at it like this.

hibs didn’t notify police/authorities about neely, he goes to Rangers. 

Neely is sacked by Rangers, authorities must have been told as he never worked for another football club again as far as I know. 

And the fact he was allowed to continue coaching in a private capacity and potentially could have committed further abuse is the fault of the authorities for not preventing it.

According to Dalys report and at least one poster on here last night, Rangers should have done something more to stop him from being able to start his own coaching business.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/missed-chance-to-stop-abuser/

This is an old story (December 2016) but some interesting text which actually adds weight to my suggestions that Neely had pals at Ibrox he manipulated such as the ‘coach who burst in’ and as I suggested ‘the person’ who wrote the goodbye in the Rangers news.

From the story in the link which shows Neely had contacts in the media game:

Some reports in 1986 suggested Neely had been “poached” by Rangers but it’s believed that version of events may have been placed with journalists by Neely himself.

6 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

And the fact he was allowed to continue coaching in a private capacity and potentially could have committed further abuse is the fault of the authorities for not preventing it.

According to Dalys report and at least one poster on here last night, Rangers should have done something more to stop him from being able to start his own coaching business.

I said that I thought the club could have enquired where he went but ultimately that call should have been the police but that’s if  if it was actually sexual abuse but that’s all conjecture at the minute as us on here don’t know what was said

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I said that I thought the club could have enquired where he went but ultimately that call should have been the police but that’s if  if it was actually sexual abuse but that’s all conjecture at the minute as us on here don’t know what was said

I think the fact that a highly rated coach/scout went from working at the biggest club in Scotland to coaching privately says a lot about whether we kept quiet or not. We hired him because he was good at his job and had no reason not to, after us no-one hired him. Think its obvious why.

12 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

Something very fishy about this. The way it has come out etc. Has hollicom all over it, fuckin reakin.

Anyway, point scoring n all that....

I agree with you, there is something fishy about the way this story has come out. It also makes me think that Daly has been approach by Hollicom.

It also makes me wonder how cfc would benefit if another club was dragged into it. All I can think of,  is that any inquiry would be based on the sport as a whole rather than an inquiry as to whether cfc were harbouring an organised paedo ring.

I do think the club should take legal action against  Daly and force him to retract his words. This should be about the victims and not point scoring as you say.  I'm glad the club said words to this effect in their statement. 

'Ridiculous claims of a cover up against those seeking to deal with such matters in a sensitive manner suggests sensationalism and in this instance point to a desire to attack Rangers as being more important to those reporting these horrific incidents than looking after the victims of abuse.’

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

I think the fact that a highly rated coach/scout went from working at the biggest club in Scotland to coaching privately says a lot about whether we kept quiet or not. We hired him because he was good at his job and had no reason not to, after us no-one hired him. Think its obvious why.

:tu:

Correct mate .... what you say suggests that we outed him for what he was and no other club would employ him ..... it also firmly suggests that The Rangers were not in the business of covering up nasty bastards like him.

The polar opposite was .... as has been proven in a court of law ..... to be the order of the day at CFC and CBC ..... where the harbouring and reemploying of proven paedophiles has caused untold physical and psychological damage to the victims of the crimes committed against them ..... and Daly knew exactly what he was doing by attempting to tar our Club with the same brush ...... what we did was the right thing and they all fucking know this to be the case ..... the only ones covering up are the likes of Daly and the rest of the CFC season ticket holders at  BBC Scotland ... cunts everyone of them.

🇬🇧

6 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Correct mate .... what you say suggests that we outed him for what he was and no other club would employ him ..... it also firmly suggests that The Rangers were not in the business of covering up nasty bastards like him.

The polar opposite was .... as has been proven in a court of law ..... to be the order of the day at CFC and CBC ..... where the harbouring and reemploying of proven paedophiles has caused untold physical and psychological damage to the victims of the crimes committed against them ..... and Daly knew exactly what he was doing by attempting to tar our Club with the same brush ...... what we did was the right thing and they all fucking know this to be the case ..... the only ones covering up are the likes of Daly and the rest of the CFC season ticket holders at  BBC Scotland ... cunts everyone of them.

🇬🇧

If I recall correctly, when this non story was first used in an attempt to involve us in that mobs vile cover up of a peadophile ring (If i was suspicious I’d say continuing ring), the inference of the story was that Souness and Smith were grasses for doing the right thing.

Rangers can't win either way, and only by taking the hacks to task in a court of law may be the only option.

I bet if we did, this would be the only story that was not covered by the MSM, not because it shines a light on their clear sectarian bias, but, because in defence of our great club the evidence presented by our legal team would clearly show that Rangers acted properly whilst ALL the other clubs acted shamefully and put reputation and profit before peados and the lives they uncaringly destroyed. 

I have said this before, I loathe that mob but I would have respected them if they had done the right thing all those decades ago, instead they brought the Scottish game down to their level and became a bitter, litigious, lying, cowardly, finger pointing, hiding behind victimhood, obfuscating and victim shaming “Club like no other”. 

Archived